Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,655 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (812599 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glock22: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
Please will the kids applying for study permit and visitor visa also do medicals ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ddu: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
Glock22:
Please will the kids applying for study permit and visitor visa also do medicals ?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
Pristine664:
Good morning everyone. Has anybody with former international passport (without NIN on it) get their passport stamped recently by IRCC?

That is the type of passport I submitted to VFS because it's still valid for 3 more years but this delay at IRCC office is getting worrisome.

Since your passport is still valid, it has nothing to do with IRCC delay.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
Glock22:

Yes they will have to do it since they will be in Canada for more than 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
Oops...Sorry about the rejection.

I think they should just reapply with a letter explaining the oversight (non-disclosure of previous US Visa Application refusal) and then ensure you attach all documents to prove you are a student such as updated LOA, Enrolment Letter, ID Card, Study Permit, SIN and Evidence of Course Registration. SOWP Visas are usually the sweetest and easiest. So do not be discouraged. Just repackage and reapply. Thankfully, the response time is averagely a month now.

Doubledeee:
Good day Nairalander, Im a student of Cape Breton University, i resumed this Spring/summer semester, my husband applied for sowp and my 2 toddlers study permits, my infant visiting visa on May 26th, biometrics completed on 2nd June, medicals passed on 17th June, a rejection letter was sent on 28th July for all stating the below reasons; i planned to do a request of reconsideration, i dont know if this is right as the 2nd ground was an innocent mistake because he was rejected 13yrs ago for US visa, so we didnt include it... Please kindly advice on what to do
Dear .................,
Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit
application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have
determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing
your application on the following grounds:
• You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that your spouse is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada. Refused under
R205(c)(ii).
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you
have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA.
Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: You have answered "NO"
to statutory question 2(b). You have failed to disclose previous US visa refusal in statutory
questions.
... 2
To get help with understanding your temporary resident application refusal and what you can do
next, visit: https://www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusal-visa-application.

Next Steps:
• If you decide to apply again, know that:
○ your new application will be assessed on its own merits,
○ you must resubmit a new application and all relevant supporting documents and pay
a new temporary resident application fee, and
○ your new application may be refused unless it is supported by new or different
information that would satisfy the officer that you meet all application requirements.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by milo9(m): 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hello great people!
My daughter’s visit visa expires August 31, 2023 but she was stamped in till February 28, 2024. Is there any need to apply for extension now? Or I should wait till February 2024 before applying for extension?
Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 1:59am On Aug 01, 2023
pristinee:

SOWP is getting delayed even more than 3 months now. I know of a 2 month submission where eligibility has not yet commenced. Perhaps they are working on it only God knows.

Since your passport is still valid, it has nothing to do with IRCC delay.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Joedave25: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
Good day friends,
I’m currently in Canada studying. I applied for my family to join me June this year, (SOWP for spouse and VV for our kids who are all above 5years) my spouse application was approved within 5weeks while our kids applications were cancelled because we were informed that we applied for the wrong service…..meaning they should be applying for study permits.

Now that we are ready to reapply we need to know how to go about it using my spouse GCkey profile because I have not been able to figure it out. I tried filling a study permit form on her profile and it turned out that my child is not eligible meaning I got the process wrong.

I will need the help of anyone who understands how to go about it. Gurus in the building I will appreciate your urgent help here. Rgds
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gentlesoul3268: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
What migrant type should choose for (SOWP) on IOM appointment?

Attached below is the list of migrant type

Thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ddu: 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Family Migrant/Sponsorship

Gentlesoul3268:

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MumDofontario: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Please send the mails. Sometimes that's what you'll have to do to get them to start working on your application. Regardless of the processing time, some applications were processed less than a month na, some six, some seven weeks. Please pray and start sending the mails. Another thing my husband did was to write to them using his email appealing to them to start work on our application as he is getting high blood pressure and couldn't concentrate at work because he's missing his family. Abeg write an emotional letter jare and finally reach out to your MP, my husband did that too. You'll testify in Jesus name.
Cheebu:

Your husband really got lucky with the emails especially since the application is still under the standard processing time of 17 weeks for an open work permit. I'm in the same boat. My wife & kid applied for SOWP & VV on the 1st of June. We're still waiting for a decision.

I have a good mind of sending them emails but I'm thinking they may not attend to it since it's still under the processing time. But this has given me courage. Congratulations to you guys.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marpol: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2023
Joedave25:
Good day friends,
I’m currently in Canada studying. I applied for my family to join me June this year, (SOWP for spouse and VV for our kids who are all above 5years) my spouse application was approved within 5weeks while our kids applications were cancelled because we were informed that we applied for the wrong service…..meaning they should be applying for study permits.

Now that we are ready to reapply we need to know how to go about it using my spouse GCkey profile because I have not been able to figure it out. I tried filling a study permit form on her profile and it turned out that my child is not eligible meaning I got the process wrong.

I will need the help of anyone who understands how to go about it. Gurus in the building I will appreciate your urgent help here. Rgds

You need to apply for study permit for them, if they are underage and would attend public schools then it's open study permit as you don't need to attach admission letters.

Hope this helps
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by matingo(f): 3:56am On Aug 02, 2023
nifnifemi:
Hello Everyone, I know how getting an apartment can be tiring and frustrating when coming to Canada, most people go to the extent of booking Airbnb which is expensive. Why not Dm me so I can help you book for an apartment specific Surrey BC before your arrival in Canada for a little Fee.

Hello, please I need your help getting an accommodation in kamloops, Canada... I'm still in Nigeria presently
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by charlesoz19: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2023
Good day house.

For a family of 4 ( two children 1 year and 2 years and a pregnant wife) husband traveling to canada by August for a 2 years diploma, will the sum of 30m and house documents be enough as Prof of funds?

Please note that husband already has a study permit and the 30m is after all expenses.

Your kind response will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Skilled Migrant

Please let us ONLY respond when we are sure. This is to avoid misleading people. No one will hold you accountable, but i belie we are here to support ourselves.

Good luck!

Gentlesoul3268:

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Are you sure??

ddu:

Family Migrant/Sponsorship

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
Perfectly okay to show as POF

Good luck!

charlesoz19:
Good day house.

For a family of 4 ( two children 1 year and 2 years and a pregnant wife) husband traveling to canada by August for a 2 years diploma, will the sum of 30m and house documents be enough as Prof of funds?

Please note that husband already has a study permit and the 30m is after all expenses.

Your kind response will be appreciated
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by charlesoz19: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
Thank you i appreciate the response

OkukuOne:
Perfectly okay to show as POF

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jxool: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
Please I submitted my passport using dhl one way. But since my passport is ready for collection I pay another money to vfs and I sent an email to canadang@vfs with proof of payment and the consent form to fill. But till now I don’t hear anything from them. Anyone in same situation that can please guide me on what to do?

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tobe1997: 2:29am On Aug 03, 2023
Hello house,

I need help and assistance. I applied for SOWP since last year to go with my husband and since then there have been no update on the application.

Please what can I do cause the wait is killing.
Should I mail then and if yes what email address can I use.

Thank you house.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Doubledeee: 6:13am On Aug 03, 2023
Accessed:
Oops...Sorry about the rejection.

I think they should just reapply with a letter explaining the oversight (non-disclosure of previous US Visa Application refusal) and then ensure you attach all documents to prove you are a student such as updated LOA, Enrolment Letter, ID Card, Study Permit, SIN and Evidence of Course Registration. SOWP Visas are usually the sweetest and easiest. So do not be discouraged. Just repackage and reapply. Thankfully, the response time is averagely a month now.

Thanks for your response i appreciate it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
You will recieve your passport shortly. Most times, they send without notifiying you.

Good luck!

Jxool:
Please I submitted my passport using dhl one way. But since my passport is ready for collection I pay another money to vfs and I sent an email to canadang@vfs with proof of payment and the consent form to fill. But till now I don’t hear anything from them. Anyone in same situation that can please guide me on what to do?

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
While mailing, always write a "good love letter" and not empty letter of someone that is just expectant. mail all of them and hopefully, you will get response.
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca,
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca,
shanghai-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
ganzu-immigration@international.gc.ca,
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca,
los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Good luck!

tobe1997:
Hello house,

I need help and assistance. I applied for SOWP since last year to go with my husband and since then there have been no update on the application.

Please what can I do cause the wait is killing.
Should I mail then and if yes what email address can I use.

Thank you house.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
OkukuOne:
You will recieve your passport shortly. Most times, they send without notifiying you.

Good luck!

VFS should thank their stars for the monopoly they enjoy. Their poor customer service experience is second to none!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tobe1997: 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2023
Thank you very much. I appreciate

OkukuOne:
While mailing, always write a "good love letter" and not empty letter of someone that is just expectant. mail all of them and hopefully, you will get response.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
you can say that again and again.

Their customer service is so poor. They response to you as if you are communicating with a machine.

Well, we just get to overlook their attitude and get what we want to move ahead.

Accessed:

VFS should thank their stars for the monopoly they enjoy. Their poor customer service experience is second to none!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pristine664: 11:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
OkukuOne:

Good luck!

Omor this list is plenty oh.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ddu: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2023
Very sure, that's what I picked for my Spouse and Kids and their applications were approved within 5 weeks

OkukuOne:
Are you sure??

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pristine664: 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
My wife works in my company and she doesn't have payslip. Must I design payslip just because of her SOWP application?

I will appreciate prompt insight about this because I want to submit her application as soon as possible.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Design to support your claim na

Good luck!

Pristine664:
My wife works in my company and she doesn't have payslip. Must I design payslip just because of her SOWP application?

I will appreciate prompt insight about this because I want to submit her application as soon as possible.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
In my experience with SOWP applications, I have noticed that individuals who applied under the "Skill Immigrant" category have received approval, including myself that received mine earlier that 5 weeks. Moreover, several YouTube videos I have come across also recommend applying as a Skill Immigrant.

Please understand that I am not challenging your opinion; rather, I am sharing my advice based on the success I have observed with this approach.

The trust you understand my position.

ddu:
Very sure, that's what I picked for my Spouse and Kids and their applications were approved within 5 weeks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pristine664: 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
OkukuOne:
Design to support your claim na

Good luck!

I've been trying to search for a sample online but haven't gotten something concrete.

I don't want it to look like I forge it just for this purpose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (387) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.