Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (806176 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
I was seriously hoping you should have gotten an update of at least any of the criteria. I discovered in the study permit thread, several guys there had to send them emails here and there before they got any sort of update. It is really well with us. My flatmate has been here for almost 2years now, His wife and 2kids applied twice they were refused, reasons for refusal does not make any sense at all (I do not want to go into details) in the month of May, 2018 the wife only applied for visiting visa which was 30days to process in Lagos, but till now no update on her application . Generally I do not know whats happening. I wish I have a contact of an higher authority to send a mail too and pour out my heart. Not their fault.
StudentsNG:
It 10 weeks+ for my wife's application. Background check has been on for 2 months! It gets me wondering what is being checked on someone whose background check was completed and passed in her previous application barely 7 months before. The next two weeks would have us sending mails to question CIC what we have done wrong.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
wealth360:
I was seriously hoping you should have gotten an update of at least any of the criteria. I discovered in the study permit thread, several guys there had to send them emails here and there before they got any sort of update. It is really well with us. My flatmate has been here for almost 2years now, His wife and 2kids applied twice they were refused, reasons for refusal does not make any sense at all (I do not want to go into details) in the month of May, 2018 the wife only applied for visiting visa which was 30days to process in Lagos, but till now no update on her application . Generally I do not know whats happening. I wish I have a contact of an higher authority to send a mail too and pour out my heart. Not their fault.

It's just saddening attempting to connect some of these dots, it just makes no single sense. I have been in touch with an MP in my region regarding this and the office has been helpful checking on the progress. CIC confirmed to them on May 18th that my wife's criminality and background checks were completed and successful, yet the online status remained processing since then till date. I contacted the office again last week and below is their reply after they spoke with CIC yet again.

"Good Morning,

As discussed your wife's application has made some progress but remains incomplete. They've checked your wife's criminality and background, and more recently verified your study permit and work permit, and your UofR enrollment. I asked if anything was required or could be done to expedite the process so that you can be reunited with your wife and see your daughter, but the response was that you need only continue to wait and you should hear back soon. I do hope that is correct. They suggested waiting until the end of the month before enquiring again, but as I said if you have no news I don't mind checking again and pushing in a couple weeks for you. You daughter's application is of course waiting for a decision on your wife's application, and then should be completed without any delay.

Best Regards"

I'm wondering. They kept the application after those verification. What for? Till today their status is still showing background check ongoing. It's depressing to forcefully separate one from his family for no just cause. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dont worry Bro. since the MP office is involved they have no choice than approval. as bolded below in their message, I can now confirm what someone in Ottawa told me that most application will have been treated but they will just leave it there to be update whenever they wish or probably towards the end of the application processing time or beyond. I knew these guys are just fake in their work ethics or policy. they stay long to respond to application so people will think they are working hard....I laff. well let keep the finger crossed. It will all end in praise for us all.
StudentsNG:

It's just saddening attempting to connect some of these dots, it just makes no single sense. I have been in touch with an MP in my region regarding this and the office has been helpful checking on the progress. CIC confirmed to them on May 18th that my wife's criminality and background checks were completed and successful, yet the online status remained processing since then till date. I contacted the office again last week and below is their reply after they spoke with CIC yet again.

"Good Morning,

As discussed your wife's application has made some progress but remains incomplete. They've checked your wife's criminality and background, and more recently verified your study permit and work permit, and your UofR enrollment. I asked if anything was required or could be done to expedite the process so that you can be reunited with your wife and see your daughter, but the response was that you need only continue to wait and you should hear back soon. I do hope that is correct. They suggested waiting until the end of the month before enquiring again, but as I said if you have no news I don't mind checking again and pushing in a couple weeks for you. You daughter's application is of course waiting for a decision on your wife's application, and then should be completed without any delay.

Best Regards"

I'm wondering. They kept the application after those verification. What for? Till today their status is still showing background check ongoing. It's depressing to forcefully separate one from his family for no just cause. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Evening guys

Only God knows what actually they are checking.....14weeks counting and is only background processing, no update since 3rd of April.....I sent various email and CSE this week, all I got is your "application is still processing, always check your CIC account for update ".

Hubby also checked in at his MP office, he was asked to come back 10working days for update.

Am here waiting patiently

All I know is that it will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 11:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
I responded.
wealth360:
I have sent you a message but am not sure if it was delivered.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 1:27am On Jul 13, 2018
That MP is not nice. 10days is not fair. they have the power to contact CIC immediately and know whats happening. Oga oooo
Bab5:
Evening guys

Only God knows what actually they are checking.....14weeks counting and is only background processing, no update since 3rd of April.....I sent various email and CSE this week, all I got is your "application is still processing, always check your CIC account for update ".

Hubby also checked in at his MP office, he was asked to come back 10working days for update.

Am here waiting patiently

All I know is that it will end in praise.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 1:31am On Jul 13, 2018
I responded too now and also try calling you, not reachable
VEIL1234:
I responded.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 2:39am On Jul 13, 2018
please how can we get Regina Saskatchewan MP email address...so we can send them email as well. My problem is my wife had a baby recently and through CS. She is finding things difficult, coping with her wound, studies and then a baby!19th of this month will complete 3 months since I applied.

quote author=StudentsNG post=69321879]

"Good Morning,

Best Regards"

I'm wondering. They kept the application after those verification. What for? Till today their status is still showing background check ongoing. It's depressing to forcefully separate one from his family for no just cause. Fingers crossed.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:41am On Jul 13, 2018
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cupper16: 9:33am On Jul 13, 2018
To me, it looks like its a sin to be a Nigerian, Nigeria represents nothing to the rest of the world. Everyone has spoken well, but the country is just a mess. CIC has no respect for us in anyway
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
please how can we get Regina Saskatchewan MP email address...so we can send them email as well. My problem is my wife had a baby recently and through CS. She is finding things difficult, coping with her wound, studies and then a baby!19th of this month will complete 3 months since I applied.

Oh no, your wife's situation is indeed an urgent one. I can only but imagine how she's coping with baby and the wound. Please let her find the MP for her area within Regina, it does depend on the place she lives. Here's the website: https://regina.foundlocally.com/Local/Gov-FederalMPs.htm. Just pick the person representing her area and call or schedule a meeting. That's where I got the one I'm in touch with.

It's well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks for the information for them and hope @Jimmychuks will take quick action
StudentsNG:

Oh no, your wife's situation is indeed an urgent one. I can only but imagine how she's coping with baby and the wound. Please let her find the MP for her area within Regina, it does depend on the place she lives. Here's the website: https://regina.foundlocally.com/Local/Gov-FederalMPs.htm. Just pick the person representing her area and call or schedule a meeting. That's where I got the one I'm in touch with.

It's well.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
God bless you and grant your heart desires my brother! You are indeed a good person! Others would have said Google it! Will do just as you said.

quote author=StudentsNG post=69344189]

It's well.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
God bless you and grant your heart desires my brother! You are indeed a good person! Others would have said Google it! Will do just as you said.

It is well bro, and do let me know just in case you would like me to stop by and see them. I live in Regina and I'm pretty able to help with any little assistance as may be desired. I hope you join us soon.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
God will continue to bless you for dis. Nice one bro
StudentsNG:

It is well bro, and do let me know just in case you would like me to stop by and see them. I live in Regina and I'm pretty able to help with any little assistance as may be desired. I hope you join us soon.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 12:41am On Jul 14, 2018
Yes thanks Bro. Will sure let you know. God bless you!

quote author=StudentsNG post=69346037]

It is well bro, and do let me know just in case you would like me to stop by and see them. I live in Regina and I'm pretty able to help with any little assistance as may be desired. I hope you join us soon.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 12:49am On Jul 14, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:

quote author=StudentsNG post=69344189]

It's well.

I do wish the MP in Ontario will even answer somebody.
There is nothing much one can do but wait and wait.

I placed a call to cic today with respect to my wife's application and the automated system stated clearly that applications recieved after May 9th are not yet being processed.

Meaning its pointless looking for update if you applied after May 9th.

I just know one thing sha...none of my children will be Nigerian by birth.. cheesy

Its well.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 1:44am On Jul 14, 2018
The bolded is not valid, my application was May 15th after the stated May 9th and updates has been made on it and by faith the visa is approved self grin If you really want to know whats happening to your wife application call them at 8:30am on the dot Ottawa time anything after 8:40-45 is automated machine and I do not believe those machines
kife:

I do wish the MP in Ontario will even answer somebody.
There is nothing much one can do but wait and wait.

I placed a call to cic today with respect to my wife's application and the automated system stated clearly that applications recieved after [b]May 9th are not yet being processed.[/b]

Meaning its pointless looking for update if you applied after May 9th.

I just know one thing sha...none of my children will be Nigerian by birth.. cheesy

Its well.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 4:07am On Jul 14, 2018
wealth360:
The bolded is not valid, my application was May 15th after the stated May 9th and updates has been made on it and by faith the visa is approved self grin If you really want to know whats happening to your wife application call them at 8:30am on the dot Ottawa time anything after 8:40-45 is automated machine and I do not believe those machines

You are right.
The automated systems are just programmed.

I do not want to bother myself making any more calls.

I believe Gods will prevail.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SeriaBravo: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2018
Hello people,

Can anyone who knows the possibility of below kindly answer please.

1. I have a study visa to Canada, but will like to know if its possible for my wife and son to join me in Canada with her visit visa (They currently have visit visa) and change to spouse open work permit from inside Canada?

2 How long after graduation is required to work in Canada for PR qualification(additional point) in Sask province

Thanks guys
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2018
SeriaBravo:
Hello people,

1. I have a study visa to Canada, but will like to know if its possible for my wife and son to join me in Canada with her visit visa (They currently have visit visa) and change to spouse open work permit from inside Canada?

2 How long after graduation is required to work in Canada for PR qualification(additional point) in Sask province

Thanks guys

Yes. You can apply at the border and get it same day.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
You have no single problem, ask for work permit for her at the point they issue you your study permit. Forget no.2 for now. Congrats!

SeriaBravo:
Hello people,

Thanks guys
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SeriaBravo: 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
Wow, thanks, guys. Its so good to hear this.

Reading through the SOWP timeline kind of get me unhappy.

StudentsNG:
You have no single problem, ask for work permit for her at the point they issue you your study permit. Forget no.2 for now. Congrats!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
I cant wait to see good news updated on this thread. God open doors for every applicants here we pray. Its taking too long seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Frostbaby: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Frostbaby: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
wealth360:
I cant wait to see good news updated on this thread. God open doors for every applicants here we pray. Its taking too long seriously.
Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
My wife landed in Vancouver on July 05. At the POE, the immigration officer asked about her profession. That was it. The sad thing was that her luggages were held in Vancouver for a day before they were sent to Alberta. They opened all the food items and condiments.

Everyone here will testify very soon. Be patient and positive

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 1:34am On Jul 17, 2018
Amen

wealth360:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:05am On Jul 17, 2018
Amen. Thank God for safe trip
ChrisBanksO:
My wife landed in Vancouver on July 05. At the POE, the immigration officer asked about her profession. That was it. The sad thing was that her luggages were held in Vancouver for a day before they were sent to Alberta. They opened all the food items and condiments.

Everyone here will testify very soon. Be patient and positive
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wilyj(f): 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2018
Hi everyone.....My husband has a work permit, NOC b job working for over 3months nows. what documents does he need to apply for me to go join him in canada? Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wilyj(f): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
Hi...pls can u enlighten me on the mutual funds? i will like to use that. thnx
Anonymous0611:
The following are the documents we submitted :
The filled forms
My statement of account (note I didn’t use bank account, I used Mutual funds cos that way they just gave me a letter to the embassy. Bank account will show when you move money in and if it’s not up to 6months, they won’t trust that it is your money)
My other assurance accounts
My husband’s statement of account
His student permit
His employment letter
Letter of Explanation (got the clue from here, you have to be very emotional while writing it)
Letter from my employer
My CV
Family pictures
Deed of gift( I got my dad to transfer a property to me because our 1st application indicated rejection due to no tie)
Document of our property
We have been rejected before and funds and no ties were the main issues.
We made them understand that we both have parents alive and I go home often so we can’t abandon home.
A lot of prayers o, that the VOC that will review our documents will be in good mood.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
Good morning everyone,
Trust we are all doing great in spite CIC's attitude towards applications.

Am here 15weeks counting with no single update after submission.... And all enquiries didn't make sense. I have decided to just say word of prayer about it when it cross my mind- although I know it will end in praises.

I came across a post online by a former CIC Visa officer stating reasons which CIC are slow with Visa application.- I will post it after this,and am sorry is a long post.

I pray God favours each and everyone of us applications. Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.