Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,658 members, 7,816,687 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802945 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
mikel88:
please is your job a full time or part time job? Heard spouse of PGWP on part time job is not qualify to apply not sure how true this is..please advise.

Full time
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:34am On Jun 19, 2018
Nice one. Thanks for sharing. I was even thinking I should have not waste money doing medical for my less than 2years baby because they ended up not doing anything to her just checking temperature, weight and what else self and again her status was not updated on CIC account but my wife own was updated passed.
Anonymous0611:
Hello house, I’m the one who told the house about my son and I’s Approval without medical. Well we are in Canada already but not with a bit of drama at our POE.
The day we got in, our passports were collected for verification and we were asked to sit. Few minutes later I was called and asked if I came in from the US, I said no and provided my travel tickets. The guy asked me this question more than 2ce. He later told me that was there a time I did medical during the processing time, I saw No.
He said Madam pls seat, he called his other colleagues and they said it’s not possible. Then they started giving me direct eye contact and I was just staring at them without fear.
After about 45minutes, I was called and told I should have been sent back but they have checked and seen that it wasn’t my fault, I will be allowed in on conditions.
1. I must the medical in 2months for my son and I
2. I can’t teach and interact with children also my son can’t attend daycare
3. Our permit can only be valid for 6 months after which we must exist Canada if we don’t provide the medical.
The issue has since been resolved but that was an experience on its own. Will share that tomorrow
My advise to anyone still doing this process is do your medical no matter what VFS says. They told there that Nigerians can’t be allowed in without medical only if they aren’t staying more than 6 months
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:38am On Jun 19, 2018
Advise her to do medical here before going, let her go and do upfront medical get the receipt and travel with it.
Bab5:
How i wish I did medicals upfront too.....still waiting for medical request at 11th week ooo.....I just hope nothing goes wrong. CIC can't really be predicted.... I know a lady that just got study visa approval without medicals, I pray she shouldn't have issue at POE too.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sureinfo: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2018
even if he or she decides to do the medical there, it should not be a problem especially if he or she got a mastercard from FCMB that allows for spending anywhere around the globe
wealth360:
Advise her to do medical here before going, let her go and do upfront medical get the receipt and travel with it.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
When did you apply and when was her medical updated. Has your background check been completed? Wondering why my upfront medical has not been updated, still on background check. My application is 2months today. And from their calculation 60days is almost 10weeks.
quote author=wealth360 post=68616129]Nice one. Thanks for sharing. I was even thinking I should have not waste money doing medical for my less than 2years baby because they ended up not doing anything to her just checking temperature, weight and what else self and again her status was not updated on CIC account but my wife own was updated passed. [/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thank you. I will let her know.
wealth360:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 4:48am On Jun 20, 2018
For those who submitted their passports in Abuja, how long did it take to receive your passports?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by famouscargo: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2018
For your extra luggages and cargo shipment of personal effect, general goods etc we can handle it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2018
grin grin grin

wealth360:
Seems this letter from a member of parliament has an impact in most applications, I know of someone who also added it and he was given the visa

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Currazzi: 11:10am On Jun 20, 2018
famouscargo:
For your extra luggages and cargo shipment of personal effect, general goods etc we can handle it.
what is the cost per kg?Do u cargo red oil?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by famouscargo: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
Currazzi:
what is the cost per kg?Do u cargo red oil?

Yea, we do. It depends on your destination. Chat me on whatsapp or call me on my number in my profile.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good evening guys. Please I need your views on this.....

My husband wants to put in our application for PR but has been waiting for a while now for the decision of my work permit before going ahead. Can one put in another application while one is ongoing?

The main reason for the wait is so I won't have dual intention ( one being temporary stay with plans to come back home and other being permanent stay) which might impact the others.

I really appreciate your views. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
Bab5:
Good evening guys. Please I need your views on this.....

My husband wants to put in our application for PR but has been waiting for a while now for the decision of my work permit before going ahead. Can one put in another application while one is ongoing?

The main reason for the wait is so I won't have dual intention ( one being temporary stay with plans to come back home and other being permanent stay) which might impact the others.

I really appreciate your views. Thank you
based on past applicants experience and coincidentally one of them was also on this thread @gymme, he had both applications on at the same time he was successful on both. Also, i read on the Express Entry thread about a particular moniker who had both applications on at the sametime. In a nutshell, your husband can confidently go ahead and put in for your PR application without any fear. I pray your SOWP ends in praise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
Thank you @mikel88 I really appreciate. Amen! We will all hear good news by Gods grace.

mikel88:
based on past applicants experience and coincidentally one of them was also on this thread @gymme, he had both applications on at the same time he was successful on both. Also, i read on the Express Entry thread about a particular moniker who had both applications on at the sametime. In a nutshell, your husband can confidently go ahead and put in for your PR application without any fear. I pray your SOWP ends in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Bab5:
Thank you @mikel88 I really appreciate. Amen! We will all hear good news by Gods grace.

Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 12:33am On Jun 21, 2018
Hi Mikel88,

I can attest to both testimonials you referenced but lately I know of someone who got denied just because he has an active express entry profile. The VO clearly stated on his notes that he was not convinced that applicant had the intention of returning home after the completion of authorized stay citing the above reason. You maybe lucky since the temporary application has been submitted before signing up for the express entry.

Strictly my opinion though. wink

mikel88:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Otn34: 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
Good Evening guys,

Bab5:
How i wish I did medicals upfront too.....still waiting for medical request at 11th week ooo.....I just hope nothing goes wrong. CIC can't really be predicted.... I know a lady that just got study visa approval without medicals, I pray she shouldn't have issue at POE too.

Never mind, you will be called soon by his grace. Did you apply in april? I know a friend you applied since april too but he is yet to be called for medicals. I believe it will end in praise God's willing
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by messynaldo: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
Good day everyone. Nice job you guys are doing here.

I recently got my trv to study in Canada. I'm to resume September 2018. So I am currently in nigeria with my wife and child.

I'd like to tap from the experience of you all.
1. Can I apply for sowp for my wife and child even before I travel to resume school.?
2. What documents do I need to apply with?
3. On what grounds are applications for sowp rejected?

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Congratulations on your TRV. 1. its possible to apply before you leave, but I will advice that you get there first and your family can apply because you will need some other document like your enrollment letter to show you are an eligible graduate student. some times also you will need a support letter from either the university or your supervisor to support their applications and you can not get that until you reach there in person.
2. Go back and read this thread again you will see documents alot of people has used.
3. Bros this question get power, when you read this thread very well before you leave for canada, you will be able to answer this question yourself because we have alot of testimonies of approval and rejections and their reasons.

my Advice is that go through this thread very well and learn, then arrange documents you are able to get in Nigeria for them while they wait for the once you will send from canada.

I wish you Good luck and safe trip.

messynaldo:
Good day everyone. Nice job you guys are doing here.

I recently got my trv to study in Canada. I'm to resume September 2018. So I am currently in nigeria with my wife and child.

I'd like to tap from the experience of you all.
1. Can I apply for sowp for my wife and child even before I travel to resume school.?
2. What documents do I need to apply with?
3. On what grounds are applications for sowp rejected?

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
Cic please remember we are missing our spouse! It has not been easy....see approvals in student visa forum. God will do it for all of us. Next month is our month. IJN.
Amen. 10weeks today and counting. It will end in praise.

quoteealth360 post=68911603]Congratulations on your TRV. 1. its possible to apply before you leave, but I will advice that you get there first and your family can apply because you will need some other document like your enrollment letter to show you are an eligible graduate student. some times also you will need a support letter from either the university or your supervisor to support their applications and you can not get that until you reach there in person.
2. Go back and read this thread again you will see documents alot of people has used.
3. Bros this question get power, when you read this thread very well before you leave for canada, you will be able to answer this question yourself because we have alot of testimonies of approval and rejections and their reasons.

my Advice is that go through this thread very well and learn, then arrange documents you are able to get in Nigeria for them while they wait for the once you will send from canada.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
Amen. I will share the testimony soonest by God's grace.
Applied April 3rd....its 12th week counting now - no medicals request yet, just background processing. Only God knows what they are looking at....anyways I know I will be favour.

Otn34:
Good Evening guys,

Never mind, you will be called soon by his grace. Did you apply in april? I know a friend you applied since april too but he is yet to be called for medicals. I believe it will end in praise God's willing
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by eyinola: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
Plz what are visa fees for Canada?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by messynaldo: 5:19am On Jun 30, 2018
Thanks so much wealth360
wealth360:
Congratulations on your TRV. 1. its possible to apply before you leave, but I will advice that you get there first and your family can apply because you will need some other document like your enrollment letter to show you are an eligible graduate student. some times also you will need a support letter from either the university or your supervisor to support their applications and you can not get that until you reach there in person.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 4:24am On Jul 01, 2018
@Bab5 what are u doing up at dis time. calm down God will do it for u this month. happy new month bro
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2018
smiley grin.... I don't usually log out, guess that's why you saw me online..I check the forum for new info like every two days.

Thank you. Am a lady smiley wishing you a great month ahead.
wealth360:
@Bab5 what are u doing up at dis time. calm down God will do it for u this month. happy new month bro

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jephehe: 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
Good afternoon all Naijas,

I need clerance on the below,

Is it possible after receiving Approval letter and your passport for sept intake, Can a spouse apply for Spousal Open Work permit when the principal Applicant have not resume school? So that both of them can travel together?

If yes, someone who have done such should share his or her experience with supporting documents S/He submitted.

Looking for forward to hear and make decision.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2018
Jephehe:
Good afternoon all Naijas,

I need clerance on the below,

Is it possible after receiving Approval letter and your passport for sept intake, Can a spouse apply for Spousal Open Work permit when the principal Applicant have not resume school? So that both of them can travel together?

If yes, someone who have done such should share his or her experience with supporting documents S/He submitted.

Looking for forward to hear and make decision.
check @croyance posts you will get what you need.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
Sometimes it is painful just thinking of the many gross prices we pay directly or indirectly just for being A NIGERIAN. How else can you explain this, that someone's spouse is left hanging in wait of CIC decision for months. A wait one knows nothing about it's outcome, even when he/she believes he deserve a yes, yet unsure. How can background check take 2 months, what sort of background check exactly?! Something every other country gets done in 4-5 weeks is taking 13-14 weeks, just because we are Nigerians.

What crime did we commit for deciding to spend our own money to get educated in a foreign country? It's even sad when they end up questioning if at all your own wife is truly married to you! A wife we (as Nigerians) marry in court, tradition and church, yet people whose country allow boyfriend and girlfriend living together as common law would still question validity of such marriage.

We have seen things as Nigerians. Could someone please remind whoever or wherever our documents are processed that not every Nigerian is a crook? Because we are not! I'm tired of refreshing this thread every minute hoping to hear someone's good news. Alas they seem to have forgotten that people want to reunite with their families. This is depressing!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cupper16: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
StudentsNG:
Sometimes it is painful just thinking of the many gross prices we pay directly or indirectly just for being A NIGERIAN. How else can you explain this, that someone's spouse is left hanging in wait of CIC decision for months. A wait one knows nothing about it's outcome, even when he/she believes he deserve a yes, yet unsure. How can background check take 2 months, what sort of background check exactly?! Something every other country gets done in 4-5 weeks is taking 13-14 weeks, just because we are Nigerians.

What crime did we commit for deciding to spend our own money to get educated in a foreign country? It's even sad when they end up questioning if at all your own wife is truly married to you! A wife we (as Nigerians) marry in court, tradition and church, yet people whose country allow boyfriend and girlfriend living together as common law would still question validity of such marriage.

We have seen things as Nigerians. Could someone please remind whoever or wherever our documents are processed that not every Nigerian is a crook? Because we are not! I'm tired of refreshing this thread every minute hoping to hear someone's good news. Alas they seem to have forgotten that people want to reunite with their families. This is depressing!
Absolutely depressing
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
Mehn what you just said @StudentsNG really touched my heart. I always say to people CIC is confused or rather i will say they are behaving as if they are the most hardworking, careful and strict immigration country in the world but truth be told they make mistakes often in peoples applications and they do not feel sorry at all. well it is not their fault, as you said we are the one spending lot of money to study there and I can tell you this 80% of all graduate students in Canada today are purely international students. out of the 80% only 20% are on fully or partial funding either from the schools or the government through their supervisors then the rest of all 60% students pays a lot to fund themselves and also cater for their families. every year tuition fees increases and yet CIC do not want to know that many students are depress and worried without their families with them. Its a pity. I wish to see any authority person like the Immigration minister or Trudeau himself everything you said is what I will blast them with. May God help us all. we have been developing patience till now, lets continue and hope in God till something happens. PEACE.
StudentsNG:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 12:02am On Jul 07, 2018
Seems no update for anyone this week regarding SOWP application? Nawa oooo. I believe testimonies will rain down soonest. Greetings everyone from Saskatchewan grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 2:03am On Jul 07, 2018
wealth360:
Seems no update for anyone this week regarding SOWP application? Nawa oooo. I believe testimonies will rain down soonest. Greetings everyone from Saskatchewan grin

You are in SK? Wow!
I’m in Queen City (Regina).
We can connect I guess.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.