Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Thread For Cisco Networking - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Thread For Cisco Networking (43119 Views)

Where Can One Learn CISCO Networking In Ogun State? / Cisco Networking Devices For Sale *****SOLD***** / Learn Computer Networking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:24pm On May 10, 2015
adamskutty:
I am interested ooooooo!

Feel free to ask questions Adam, I may as well open up my own Nairaland school for inspiring Network Engineers ROFLLL
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 6:31pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Sorry, I edited my comment too late, please feel free to re-read it.

Okay sir,got it thanks
With your 1st reply to my comment, i wouldn't be needing any practical i guess
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by ptoall1000: 6:31pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

He may not be a part of Cisco Networking Academy. I believe only students have access to it.
So what does it take to be a student of the academy?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2015
wildchild1:

Okay sir,got it thanks
With your 1st reply to my comment, i wouldn't be needing any practical i guess

Well I'm going to give you some homework

Read about the Physical layer in the OSI model, In addition, Research on the differences between a Router, Switch and a Hub. Research what a Topology is. Since I'm not "officially" your teacher grading you, the assignment is due whenever you like.

So answer those questions and I will attempt to grade you based on what you have learned and advise you on areas to improve before we start moving on to the Data link layer (Layer 2) and some IP addressing/subnetting.

Some good places to do your research would be YouTube, there is an excellent OSI model video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Uoku-M6oY

You can also use Wikipedia and some other scientific articles. Have fun and enjoy

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:36pm On May 10, 2015
ptoall1000:

So what does it take to be a student of the academy?

Some Universities offer Cisco Network Academy and actually give you units towards your major and these classes count towards your major/specialization. You would have to check if your respective university offers Cisco Network Academy courses.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 6:38pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Well I'm going to give you some homework

Read about the Physical layer in the OSI model, In addition, Research on the differences between a Router, Switch and a Hub. Research what a Topology is. Since I'm not "officially" your teacher grading you, the assignment is due whenever you like.

So answer those questions and I will attempt to grade you based on what you have learned and advise you on areas to improve before we start moving on to the Data link layer (Layer 2) and some IP addressing/subnetting.

Some good places to do your research would be YouTube, there is an excellent OSI model video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Uoku-M6oY

You can also use Wikipedia and some other scientific articles. Have fun and enjoy
Please give me time frame sir, im not disciplined sad
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2015
One good thing about Network Engineering and any type of Engineering/Science field is that you never stop learning. It's a continued process as technology is forever changing. There are unlimited things to learn in this very fun and enjoyable field. Yes, it pays well, but you shouldn't be only going into this field for the Salary/pay. That's just an added bonus. You should only do it because you love the material and the field.

Learn, breathe, eat and sleep Network Engineering.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by adamskutty(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Feel free to ask questions, you can start learning about IP addresses, different IP addressing classes, IP Address Subnetting, and the differentiation between Routers, Switches and Hubs. I also urge you to read about the OSI model.
i will like to start from these ones u mentioned above, Preferably ip addresses. grin

It is a good idea if u open ur own classroom here on nl, that is if u got the time o. grin
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:40pm On May 10, 2015
wildchild1:

Please give me time frame sir, im not disciplined sad

You have until tomorrow evening around this time. So you better start now cheesy. I'm pretty busy in my real life too, so I will try and check this thread as often as possible to continue to give pointers and education.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:40pm On May 10, 2015
adamskutty:
i will like to start from these ones u mentioned above, Preferably ip addresses. grin

It is a good idea if u open ur own classroom here on nl, that is if u got the time o. grin

Well we can use this thread as a medium or classroom to discuss the concepts.

What would you like to personally learn about IP addressing?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 6:46pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

You have until tomorrow evening around this time. So you better start now cheesy. I'm pretty busy in my real life too, so I will try and check this thread as often as possible to continue to give pointers and education.

ok sir,i ll get to work...thanks and God bless cheesy

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by adamskutty(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Well we can use this thread as a medium or classroom to discuss the concepts.

What would you like to personally learn about IP addressing?
u see fulaman, i am a beginner, i know absolutely nothing about network engineering,since it has never being my area of discipline even though i admire it alot.

I will like u to introduce it to me, step by step, like someone learning abc for the first time. grin

I know what ip addresses is quite all right and that it helps to show the location of a user, apart from that i know nothing. grin I know its kind of embarrasing, i am a novice or pre-novice. grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:53pm On May 10, 2015
wildchild1:

ok sir,i ll get to work...thanks and God bless cheesy

I'm proud of you though I'm starting to feel old. God Bless as well cheesy
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2015
adamskutty:
u see fulaman, i am a beginner, i know absolutely nothing about network engineering,since it has never being my area of discipline even though i admire it alot.

I will like u to introduce it to me, step by step, like someone learning abc for the first time. grin

I know what ip addresses is quite all right and that it helps to show the location of a user, apart from that i know nothing. grin I know its kind of embarrasing, i am a novice or pre-novice. grin

Ok, you see the assignment I assigned to wildchild1, I'm assigning it to you as well. You have to learn to crawl before you can take baby steps. So you will have to read up on what Wildchild1 is reading. Please also watch the attached YouTube video. Hopefully it doesn't take away too much from your data plan.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 6:55pm On May 10, 2015
adamskutty:

You're my classmate here bro tongue i might have some "advantage" over you cos of my Bsc Computer Science even though,they never thought us anything in UNI grin

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2015
wildchild1:

You're my classmate here bro tongue i might have some "advantage" over you cos of my Bsc Computer Science even though,they never thought us anything in UNI grin

It depends on what path you take in Computer Science. Some take the Networking Engineering Path, some take the software engineering path, some take the math/science path, some take the "web design" path (which sorry to sound judgemental I think is quite useless). But whichever path, they are all enjoyable.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 7:05pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

It depends on what path you take in Computer Science. Some take the Networking Engineering Path, some take the software engineering path, some take the math/science path, some take the "web design" path (which sorry to sound judgemental I think is quite useless). But whichever path, they are all enjoyable.

True tho,but Nigeria university educational system sucks if we are to go by what they taught us...I have decided to major in Networking,so help me God.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2015
wildchild1:

True tho,but Nigeria university educational system sucks if we are to go by what they taught us...I have decided to major in Networking,so help me God.

You are right, most parents who can afford it send their children abroad to study whether in the U.K., United States, neighbouring Ghana, Saudi Arabia, India, wherever wherever. The school system used to be very good during my parents time (like 40 years ago or whatever long before I was born) but now it's in shams. We have to bring it back up to a standard where it's extremely competitive as we Nigerians are renowned as being bright individuals worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by adamskutty(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Ok, you see the assignment I assigned to wildchild1, I'm assigning it to you as well. You have to learn to crawl before you can take baby steps. So you will have to read up on what Wildchild1 is reading. Please also watch the attached YouTube video. Hopefully it doesn't take away too much from your data plan.
haha! Alright fulaman, that won't be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2015
adamskutty:
haha! Alright fulaman, that won't be a problem.

Good the material right now may seem "boring" but that's how most science courses are right? Before we can start discussing the interesting stuff, you must understand the boring stuff.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by adamskutty(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Good the material right now may seem "boring" but that's how most science courses are right? Before we can start discussing the interesting stuff, you must understand the boring stuff.
ok sir. grin meehn! I salute u.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 7:28pm On May 10, 2015
adamskutty:
ok sir. grin meehn! I salute u.

No problem, enjoy the reading, it's a never ending learning process, but when you start to think like a scientist/engineer in the solving of problems, it's a very rewarding experience.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 8:42pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

You are right, most parents who can afford it send their children abroad to study whether in the U.K., United States, neighbouring Ghana, Saudi Arabia, India, wherever wherever. The school system used to be very good during my parents time (like 40 years ago or whatever long before I was born) but now it's in shams. We have to bring it back up to a standard where it's extremely competitive as we Nigerians are renowned as being bright individuals worldwide.

Exactly, the state universities are much worse and it affected me badly,i used to be a brilliant / intelligent student but now sad i finished wit.a "poor" grade in Uni which surprised everybody in my family ,but,i still have my intellectual skill by the grace of God,it hasn't gone completely grin
3 things affected me in Uni
1.Lack of discipline in the school
2.Couldn't find challenge from my coursemates
3.Archaic curriculum being taught in the school
So i made up my mind that i will re establish myself by going for my other higher form of education abroad where there's discipline, challenge and up to date and relevant courses, so help me God but before i leave naija i must bring back my reading/studying skills

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 10:54pm On May 10, 2015
wildchild1:

Exactly, the state universities are much worse and it affected me badly,i used to be a brilliant / intelligent student but now sad i finished wit.a "poor" grade in Uni which surprised everybody in my family ,but,i still have my intellectual skill by the grace of God,it hasn't gone completely grin
3 things affected me in Uni
1.Lack of discipline in the school
2.Couldn't find challenge from my coursemates
3.Archaic curriculum being taught in the school
So i made up my mind that i will re establish myself by going for my other higher form of education abroad where there's discipline, challenge and up to date and relevant courses, so help me God but before i leave naija i must bring back my reading/studying skills

Sounds good man, India isn't bad, but I think you would equally persevere in the United States and United Kingdom.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by xreal: 4:22am On May 11, 2015
Fulman & co

How can I expand ssid and internet connection from a tethered android phone, for pcs and other phones to browse?

Do I need a router?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 4:51am On May 11, 2015
xreal:
Fulman & co

How can I expand ssid and internet connection from a tethered android phone, for pcs and other phones to browse?

Do I need a router?

No a router is not necessarily as your phone also does transmit radio waves of its own.

Here is an article explaining how to Tether your phone, I would utilise WPA2 (PSK only sadly no AES) on your phone when tethering your Wireless connection, here is the article:

http://www.wikihow.com/Tether-With-Android
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by xreal: 5:12am On May 11, 2015
Fulaman198:

No a router is not necessarily as your phone also does transmit radio waves of its own.

Here is an article explaining how to Tether your phone, I would utilise WPA2 (PSK only sadly no AES) on your phone when tethering your Wireless connection, here is the article:

http://www.wikihow.com/Tether-With-Android

Thanks Fulaman.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 6:47am On May 11, 2015
Fulaman198:

Sounds good man, India isn't bad, but I think you would equally persevere in the United States and United Kingdom.

India is cheap grin

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 7:12pm On May 11, 2015
@Wildchild1 and @adamskutty, have you both finished the assignment?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by adamskutty(m): 7:39pm On May 11, 2015
Fulaman198:
@Wildchild1 and @adamskutty, have you both finished the assignment?
no oga fulaman, i am still working on it. grin More time pls,lool
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 7:50pm On May 11, 2015
adamskutty:
no oga fulaman, i am still working on it. grin More time pls,lool

Ok sure
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 10:30pm On May 11, 2015
The physical layer also known as layer 1 is the first or lowest layer in a seven -layer Open System Interconnect (OSI) model.It is concerned with transmission and reception of the unstructured raw bits stream over a physical medium.The physical layer provides an electrical, mechanical and procedural interface to thr transmission medium.
The following are the services provided by the physical layer:
1.Data Encoding: - modifies the simple digital signal pattern used by the PC to better accomodate the characteristics of the physical medium
2.Physical Media Transmission: - transmits bit as electrical or optical signals appropriate for physical medium.
3.Transmission techniques: - determines whether the encoded bits will be transmitted by digital or broadband

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard / 21 Amazing Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.