Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

What Could Have Brought Keshi Back? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Could Have Brought Keshi Back? (415 Views)

It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture / Stephen Keshi Is Dead / Live Stream - Leicester City – Sunderland (brought To You By - Naijaplay.co.uk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Could Have Brought Keshi Back? by Shekinah2015: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
I used to be very passionate about the Super Eagles of Nigeria but their lacklustre performance in recent time has made me to have a rethink.I know it is not possible for a team to have 100% win record but it is always disheartening when a team perform consistenly poorly as it was during the last Afcon qualification matches played by the super eagles under keshi.The team lacked tactical and technical depth and the coach did not help matters with his ego,after he is the Nigeria coach to win Afcon!If the popular saying that a coach is as good as its last performance is anything to go by,then Keshi does not deserve a return to the national team.In a sane clime such thing does not happen and that is what accounts for their achievement.I know what some people will keep on harping on is the fact that he won us Afcon 2013 and played in the last second stage of the last world cup.Not only was such our status in 1994 but we hit 5th position on Fifa ranking,was the second most entertaining team at US 94 and had invitation from the likes of England for friendly matches.I found it difficult to understand why Keshi is brought and Pinnick and his team should let us into the reason(s) Keshi should come back so that 'ignoramus' like me will be better informed and shut up.If it was some people in Aso rock or else that is 'rocking' the boat of our sport and football in general they better stopped because they toying with lifes of millions of Nigerians that follow football religiously and the incoming should give the change as promised.I will keep on asking whether it was merit or Nigerian factor that brought Keshi back until I am proved wrong with a tangible explanation from NFF or Eagles superlative performance in his second come back, until then as a certain Ota farmer will say 'I sit down they look'

(1) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Emerges Champions / Ladies can you do this (pic) / The Best Graduating Student Of UNILAG Shares Secret Of His Success.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.