Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture (969 Views)

Sergio Ramos In Tears After World Cup Exit (Photos) / Victor Moses Dribble Brought Harry Kane To The Ground. See Reactions On Twitter / Usain Bolt Suffers Injury In The Final Race Of His Career, Breaks Down In Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture by bukifemi1: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
I have never been interested in the Olympics since it started because of the drama around team Nigeria. But this morning I was in tears without minding people's presence in my office when i came across this write-up from uncle Onyebuchi Ememanka on Chierika Ukogu,an American born Nigerian girl of 23 years of age.

She is a student of Stanford University and is currently representing Nigeria at the Rio Olympics in a sports called Rowing.
This young woman practically sponsored herself to the games. She had to put her school program on hold and found a way to train with the US Olympic team and qualified for the games without any support from home. No one cared about her. She used the GO FUND ME app to raise funds to enable her participate in this games.

She was not deterred by the challenges, neither did she abandon her country even when the country didn't care about her.
For her, all that mattered was to represent her country and wear the national colors.

She has just qualified for the quarter finals in her category.

Take a huge bow, Chierika.

You are an inspiration.
Whether you win a medal or not, you have won the hearts of millions of Nigerians and that's more precious that's an Olympic gold medal.

I hope that daft beret wearing Minister will understand the true meaning of this girl's sacrifice and at least go and watch her during the quarter finals tomorrow.

(I will watch you tomorrow to cheer you up and i will be at the airport to welcome you dear).

Copied from
Chinedu Sandra Uchechukwumerije Facebook Page.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture by limeta(f): 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
You who you want to be
Re: It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture by 9jii(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Any miscreant anti United Nigeria will Fail
Re: It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture by saintikechi(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Biafra has got talents
Re: It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture by francisdeacn(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Inspiring!
Re: It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture by maeximilano(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
Proudly Nigerian... Nigeria #Good_People #Great_Nation

1 Like

Re: It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture by johnmanuel1743(m): 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
People have no chill....she said that daft beret wearing minister..he is daft indeed
Re: It Brought Tears To My Eyes. Till I See This Nigeria Spirit. Picture by SonOfEl(m): 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Such courage and determination....my respects to you girl....keep moving.

(1) (Reply)

See How The Official Match Ball Of Nigeria Premier League 2016/2017 Look Like / AGE CHEAT In Football / BREAKING: Alexis Sanchez Submits Transfer Request At Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.