Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria (975 Views)

Beware Of Deadly Apples Preserved With Chemicals That We Buy In Nigeria! / Blue Velvet And Cream Cheese Icing Cupcakes / I Found This When I Opened Blue Band (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
http://www.fda.gov/Food/RecallsOutbreaksEmergencies/Outbreaks/ucm438104.htm

Update
April 21, 2015
On April 20, 2015, Blue Bell Creameries of Brenham, Texas, voluntarily expanded its recall to include all of its products currently on the market because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Samples taken by the firm showed the presence of Listeria monocytogenesin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream half gallons produced on March 17 and March 27, 2015.

This recall includes ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet and frozen snacks made at all Blue Bell facilities. Blue Bell has facilities in Brenham, in Broken Arrow, Okla., and in Sylacauga, Ala., and FDA currently has open investigations at facilities in each of these locations.

According to Blue Bell, the products being recalled are distributed to retail outlets, including food service accounts, convenience stores and supermarkets in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wyoming and international locations.

Consumers should not eat any of the recalled products. If these products are in your freezer, they should be thrown away or returned, even if some of them have been eaten without anyone becoming ill.

Samples previously taken by the FDA, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, the South Carolina Department of Health & Environmental Control, and the Texas Department of State Health Services have also shown the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in Blue Bell products, and prompted earlier recalls of products by the firm. Additionally, although, FDA environmental sampling has not shown the presence of Listeria monocytogenes on food contact surfaces in any Blue Bell facilities, this sampling has shown the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the Blue Bell production facilities in Broken Arrow, Okla., and in Sylacauga, Ala.

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that as of April 20, 2015, a total of ten patients infected with several strains of Listeria monocytogenes were reported from four states: Arizona (1), Kansas (5), Oklahoma (1), and Texas (3). Illness onset dates ranged from January 2010 through January 2015. All ten patients were hospitalized. Three deaths were reported from Kansas within the last year. Three strains associated with these case patients have been identified in products manufactured at either the Blue Bell production facility in Broken Arrow, Okla, or Brehnam, Texas.
Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
We just bought a tub of blue bell cookie dough icecream and I rushed to the refrigerator and my kids have already eaten some of it shocked shocked shocked
I cover them with the blood of Jesus
Efemenaxy,cococandy,herzumpther,chillisauce,datalossvictim1,bukatyne

2 Likes

Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by bukatyne(f): 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
babyosisi:
We just bought a tub of blue bell cookie dough icecream and I rushed to the refrigerator and my kids have already eaten some of it shocked shocked shocked

It is well o!

Please rush them to the hospital If they can purge them.

Please be calm.
Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
bukatyne:

It is well o!

Please rush them to the hospital If they can purge them.

Please be calm.

Icecream wey dem eat since?
We have thrown it away as instructed
Na to observe for symptoms
I pray all is well sha
Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by cococandy(f): 3:44am On Apr 23, 2015
babyosisi:
nothing will happen to your babies. Don't fear smiley
Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by EfemenaXY: 6:26am On Apr 23, 2015
babyosisi:

Darling, your kids will be fine. Just be very watchful and pray too.

This shall be overcome(d?)
Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2015
babyosisi:
They will be fine ma'am. smiley
Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 23, 2015
Just purge them.

Home made meal for one week with lots and lots of vegetables and fruits.
I mean it.

It will cleanse their system very fast.

Plenty vegetable and fruits.if possible blend them together and let them drink before each meals.
Natural cleanser. They will offload everything in their system two to three times a day.

They will be fine dear.
Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by armyofone(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Mandatory 8 cups of water daily from now on.
Re: Blue Bell Icecream Recalls Products Due To Deadly Bacteria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
Oh wow shocked

They will be fine sweetie!

You can call an emergency line and ask for advise on the next possible action. But they should be okay as umu kajara kaja! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Meals For The Family / Happy National Garlic Day / Experience Delicious Dishes In Your Events And Program; Local And Contnental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.