Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) (837 Views)

Why The Law Of Abundance May Not Work For Some People / 9 Powerful Signs To Help You Know It Is Time To Change Your Mindset Positively / The Art of making cake, vampire mindset (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by ngozianu(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2015
this is a sequel to my first post at https://www.nairaland.com/2272339/how-develope-abundance-mindset

In summary, the abundance mindset makes you focus on producing more with what you have now, rather than looking for what you don’t have. It empowers you to act now rather than wait for tomorrow which sometimes never comes. With an abundant mindset, you take action in spite of the current challenges and limitations whereas with a lack mindset, you remain stuck because of the current challenges and limitations. Though the circumstances are the same, the way you look at it determine whether you move or remain stuck in one spot. This essence is captured in this acronym POOR:

Passing

Over

Opportunities

Repeatedly

We all want more, and that is a good thing. Life should get better not worse if we are growing. The poverty mindset focuses on the external. It does not take responsibility for the present. If you are not responsible, in essence it means there is nothing you can do about it. Something external has to happen for change to manifest. It is either more money or more favourable environment etc. Someone with this mindset is stuck until something happens someday. He cannot start that business because (excuses follow). She cannot save and invest because (more excuses). He cannot get that promotion because (still more excuses). There is always an excuse for lack of action or progress. The locus of control is outside, not within (the person is at the passenger’s seat of his affairs, not at the driver’s seat). In essence, he is reactive rather than proactive.

This is a key factor why many are stuck in their finances, waiting for things to change rather than make change happen. Until you make this paradigm shift, you may have the facts and make attempts to do the right thing but your old mindset will always pull you back into your comfort zone.

The right information alone is not enough

Earlier in the week, I had cause to go through my old diaries, some as far back as 1994. As I went through the journal entries, notes I took in church etc, I was amazed to discover that as far back as 1994, I had enough information to have commenced my journey to achieving financial independence and freedom but I did not start acting on it until 2003, about nine years later.

I had the facts but remained stuck in my old mindset until the book Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki ‘blew away’ my mind and I have never been the same again.

Looking back, Robert was not saying anything fundamentally new. He simply put it in a way that resonated with me. (Many people have had the same experience reading ‘Think and Grow Rich’ by Napoleon Hill but it did not do anything for me. I could not finish the book until I listened to the audio version). The stuff I learned up to that point prepared me for that moment, the tipping point whereby I had learned enough (my cup was full metaphorically). Advertisers know this fact very well. It takes about seven exposures for information to finally sink in. You have to keep taking it in until you get to the tipping point whereby something ignites on the inside of you; that place where your emotions become engaged and you move into action.

This is the reason why once is hardly enough. If you read a book once, try reading it again weeks or months later, you will come across something you missed the first time. If you read the book yet again, you gain even deeper understanding. At each subsequent reading, you are coming in at a higher level than previously; hence you absorb more, understand deeper and move closer to action. When you come across the same material presented by another author, it resonates with you and moves you closer to the tipping point.

There comes a time when you have taken in enough. If you add more, it runs over and you gain traction leading to motion. We are all at a different place and comprehend at different levels. If you pay the price, your mind will be transformed and you will start thinking differently. You transition from lack mentality to an abundance mentality which drives new actions that brings new results.

You can choose to change

There are basically two ways of experiencing change – reactively by being forced by circumstances to change or proactively by making the choice to change. Being forced to change because of circumstances can be painful and expensive. It comes from being short sighted, not foreseeing trouble until you get in the middle of it and get punished.

The rate of change differs from individual to individual. Having a clear vision of your desired future keeps you focused and facilitate the change process if you keep going and never give up.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step according to the famous Chinese proverb, but you need focus and a clear sense of direction to keep taking those steps consistently and persistently. There is no short cut to bypass the process. It is either you are willing to pay the full price or not. Interest or desire is not enough. You have to be fully committed to go through the process.

When the becoming aspect of the be-do-have model takes shape, you are ready to take action (do) on a sustainable basis. When you finally have, it dawns on you that you can have what you really want if you are willing to pay the full price. Upon arrival at your desired destination, you can stop and enjoy the moment, set new goals and reach for greater heights.

1 Like

Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by donttouch: 7:57am On Apr 23, 2015
So inspiring
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by Glaxx(m): 8:28am On Apr 23, 2015
For reasel..?
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by ngozianu(m): 8:42am On Apr 23, 2015
donttouch:
So inspiring

thanks, but please apply them to your self
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 23, 2015
Word. Thanks for this!
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by ngozianu(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
Word. Thanks for this!

thanks, but please apply them to your self
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by diamondcrownltd(f): 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
This must make front page as it is very educative
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by ngozianu(m): 6:58am On Apr 24, 2015
diamondcrownltd:
This must make front page as it is very educative

i hope so, if the moderator feels it is informative enough to transform lives unlike celebrity rumours and instagram pictures of naked celebrities
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by joyceok: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
This is great
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by ngozianu(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
joyceok:
This is great

thanks for the commendation
Re: How To Develope An Abundance Mindset(pt 2) by diamondcrownltd(f): 9:49pm On May 09, 2015
More to come

(1) (Reply)

See The Three Heads Snake That Captured The Attention Of Residentsf / MTN Giving Out Credit To Customer For Revalidating Sim Registeration / Why Spend So Much On Burial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.