Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,988 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded (3349 Views)

Reinhard Bonnke To Host Nigeria Gospel Crusade / Muslims In Ondo Worship On Church Land On Eid Day, Church Gives Free Speaker / Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
Reinhard Bonnke, Evangelist who clashed with Muslims in Africa to win millions of converts for Christ to get a lifetime award for global ministry.
BY SAMI K. MARTIN , CHRISTIAN POST REPORTER
April 21, 2015|1:27 pm

Reinhard Bonnke, a longtime and once hardline global evangelist who clashed with Muslims in Africa to win millions of converts for Christ on the continent, is set to get a Lifetime Global Impact award at the Global Congress of Empowered21 in Jerusalem for his trailblazing ministry next month.

Bonnke will be honored alongside other veteran evangelists Morris Cerullo, Jack Hayford, Marilyn Hickey, David Manise, and Vinson Synan at the 2015 Global Congress to be held May 20-25. Empowered21 seeks to push a "Global Spirit-empowered movement throughout the world by focusing on crucial issues facing the movement and connecting generations for intergenerational blessing and impartation," according to the organization's website. This is the first time the organization will hand out lifetime awards.

All have served the Lord in various avenues and were chosen because they are "Spirit-empowered ministry leaders who have made a huge impact in the world. They have also shown a desire to invest in the next generation or implement a ministry succession plan," Jeremy Burton of Empowered21 told The Christian Post.

"Reinhard Bonnke has totally dedicated himself to soul-winning for 50 years now. He has a laser-sharp focus on winning souls. Through his ministry, Christ for All Nations, over 73 million people have made registered decisions to follow Jesus Christ. To be recognized and honored by the Christian community for this service is an honor for which we give the glory to God," a Christ for All Nations spokeswoman told CP.

Bonnke founded Christ for All Nations, which has offices in the United Kingdom, Nigeria, South Africa, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Canada and Germany. Since its founding 35 years ago, the organization has documented over 55 million people who've chosen to give their lives to Jesus Christ as of 2000.

Bonnke's decision to serve the world, particularly Africa, came while he was still a boy in Germany. He gave his life to Christ at the age of 9, after being convicted about sin. One year later he felt the need to spread the Gospel in Africa. "Night after night, I saw the entire African continent, washed in the blood of Jesus, country after country," Bonnke said, according to his bio on Christ for All Nations.

But ministry in Africa has not been without peril for Bonnke. In 1991, after he tried to hold a gathering in Kano, Nigeria, Muslim extremists burned down Christian churches and killed several Christians and forced Bonnke out of the country for nine years.

image: http://images.christianpost.com/full/82963/christ-for-all-nations.jpg

"'Africa shall be saved.' I heard God's message so clearly. In response, my family moved from Lesotho to South Africa in 1974. But how was Africa going to be saved? Clueless, I sat with my head in my hands. As unknowns, we moved out into the unknown, with no prospects mapped out for us, hoping for further instruction from the Lord. And sure enough, God spoke again. I was to rent the National Stadium in Gaborone, Botswana, for a Gospel crusade," Bonnke wrote in a piece for Ministry Today.

In 2000, he attempted to return to Nigeria but decided against visiting the northern reigion, which was primarily Muslim after the Islamic leaders known as the Council of Ulama issued death threats against him and members of his team. It wasn't until 2001 that he finally returned at the request of elected president Olusegun Obasanjo and delivered a powerful message that led thousands to Christ.

"My full attention is on Africa," Bonnke said at the time. "I have no message of hate. I do not attack any religion. I just preach Jesus."

Rou Jarvis, a Southern Baptist missionary in Lagos, told Christianity Today that Bonnke was very bold with his message.

"He's very confrontational with Islam, and that's not good. If I'm going to win someone to Christ, I'm not going to tell them first that their faith is wrong," said Jarvis.

Ann Buwalda, president of the Jubilee Campaign which promotes the human rights and religious liberty of ethnic and religious minorities around the world, told CP that Bonnke works much smarter now and he continues to win many souls for Christ.

"His impact has sometimes been provocative to Islamic extremist communities. I don't think he's been, for example, in northern Nigeria since riots were created, but outside of that, I would say that his crusades are well-known, and he has a large following of committed people who appreciate his ministry and his work throughout Africa. I am not aware in recent years that there have been any altercations surrounding his holding of crusades, so it seems to me that he is actually avoiding conflict areas," said Buwalda.

Bonnke is often compared to famed evangelist Billy Graham for his work throughout Africa, and is described by pastor George Amu of the Good News Bible Church in Lagos as a "superstar."

"Signs, miracles and wonders happen when he preaches," said Amu.

Tom Osanjo, a reporter with UN-HABITAT, agrees with Amu's assessment of Bonnke.

Bonnke is "very big" in Kenya he told CP. Christ for All Nations held its last crusade in the country in 2013. And he has been a "frequent visitor to Kenya for many years. There has not been a public threat to his crusades because the anti-Christian movement among some Muslims is fairly recent," said Osanjo, recalling various reported miracles that followed his crusades.

"Bonnke and his ministry have been known for miraculous healings and conversions. Most of his meetings see people testifying of being healed of HIV/AIDS, paralysis and all manners of sickness," said Osanjo.

"The Bible instructs us to give honor to whom honor is due," said William M. Wilson, president and global co-chair of Empowered21, said in a statement. "It is with great joy that we present awards to these forefathers of the Spirit-empowered movement. The collective ministries of these giants of the faith have transformed the lives of millions of people. We are deeply thankful for their legacies and invite all their friends from around the world to join us in Jerusalem to celebrate their contribution to God's work."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/reinhard-bonnke-evangelist-who-clashed-with-muslims-in-africa-to-win-millions-of-converts-for-christ-to-get-lifetime-award-for-global-ministry-137844/#PRyuw6iW0mVTHdiI.99

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by HzRF(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
God bless u sir
The day he completed his crusade in Oshogbo is a remarkable day in my family
We finally say bye bye to civilian Barack

God bless ur ministry
Sir

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
HzRF:

God bless u sir

God bless ur ministry
Sir

Amen. You and your house are for signs and wonders. Remain blessed and rapturable.

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 25, 2015
how exactly did he clash with 'muslims'? was there a physical fight because i didn't think any punch was thrown.
if preaching is the clash, the clash is no clash.
people accepting one religion and rejecting another is going on all the time.

the german left germany to pril and he is saving african when he is from the race that started homeland as faderland? there is no sense in what he has done. it is foolishness to leave your home to turn to den of satan, all disbelievers and you journey to a different land and different people telling yourself you are doing good. that is pure ignorance because Moses spoke to Aaron and he became a believer before they went to pharaoh.
no believer/prophet of God left his people and start calling others far away to guidance first.

using cash or prosperity ministry as carrot is no true conviction in spite of conversion.

when rasaq folawiyo, ahmad tinubu, dangote, buhari etc are not converting and the poor ajegunle face me i face you tenant is, what chest beating is that?

anti muslim netherlander is now a muslim. thats conviction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
RoyPCain:

how exactly did he clash with 'muslims'? was there a physical fight because i didn't think any punch was thrown.
if preaching is the clash, the clash is no clash.
people accepting one religion and rejecting another is going on all the time.

the german left germany to pril and he is saving african when he is from the race that started homeland as faderland? there is no sense in what he has done. it is foolishness to leave your home to turn to den of satan, all disbelievers and you journey to a different land and different people telling yourself you are doing good. that is pure ignorance because Moses spoke to Aaron and he became a believer before they went to pharaoh.
no believer/prophet of God left his people and start calling others far away to guidance first.

using cash or prosperity ministry as carrot is no true conviction in spite of conversion.

when rasaq folawiyo, ahmad tinubu, dangote, buhari etc are not converting and the poor ajegunle face me i face you tenant is, what chest beating is that?

anti muslim netherlander is now a muslim. thats conviction.

The kingdom of darkness knows what damage Reinhard Bonnke caused when he came to Nigeria and was banned from coming back (especially to the north) because of Muslims in the seat of power for about 10 years. The coast was clear again for him to come back to the country when a Christian president was in power but this time Bonnke restricted his preaching to the south as you can see one of the fruits of his labour testifying in the post above. The devil has lost the battle.

2 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by Image123(m): 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
Search for the combination of "Bonnke", "1991", "Kano" on the Internet at least. Don't glory in ignorance RoyPCain.
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
@image123; who converted? the wealthy and knowledgeable or the ignorant and seekers of prospect through gospel, considering the religious wealthy personalities in africa, indeed the world over are christian preachers? a fool is born every minute says john wrigley of wrigley brothers, bernum and bailey circus. a slight of hand [magic] is miracle to the ignorant. there is spiritual ignorance you know; it is when a people stop and peg their tent with previous prophet, refusing to move forward and enter the latest guidance under the leadership God chose. these people in their insolence dump what the prophet they say they are following said. they instead make up a new theory as if that what they prophet said while it is clear to every true believers that their lies are not the truth of the prophet they say they follow and the prophet they are rejecting when he came after their stuck with prophet. the jews did it against Jesus, claiming that everything stopped with Moses. you people are doing that against Muhammad [SA] claiming everything stopped with Jesus.

@olaadegbu;
The kingdom of darkness knows what damage Reinhard Bonnke caused when he came to Nigeria and was banned from coming back (especially to the north) because of Muslims in the seat of power for about 10 years. The coast was clear again for him to come back to the country when a Christian president was in power but this time Bonnke restricted his preaching to the south as you can see one of the fruits of his labour testifying in the post above. The devil has lost the battle.
this is a silly opinion you have there because Ahmed Deedat [ra] was barred from entering nigeria in the same era you are talking about the control of the muslims. imagine ahmed deedat having dialogue with your mr bonnke and based on what had happened to each christian preacher ever debated him would be the end of this bonnke guy. the devil is bonnke proposing that man is God. the devil is you saying ghost is God. the devils are the people saying that God is worse than shylock without Mercy. come on. you should be able to think and come to a more closer to the truth conclusion and we in islam will just need to push a little before you know that God is not a man or even son of man. God is not to be tempted by satan or killed by death or ganged up against by men.

not much dawah is happening in western countries; the white brits are almost all atheists, agnostics anything except christianity in name only. it is Islam that stands for God that is not represented and completely universal. the prime minister finished christian prayer and immediately enter sikh temple for sikh prayer. well he is your christian alright. this your gloating is laughable. i am laughing at you because it is more than laughing with you.

get sanusi to become christian and we can talk. until then, those poor folks looking at oyedepo as somebody of importance will join your crowd.
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
RoyPCain:

@image123; who converted? the wealthy and knowledgeable or the ignorant and seekers of prospect through gospel, considering the religious wealthy personalities in africa, indeed the world over are christian preachers? a fool is born every minute says john wrigley of wrigley brothers, bernum and bailey circus. a slight of hand [magic] is miracle to the ignorant. there is spiritual ignorance you know; it is when a people stop and peg their tent with previous prophet, refusing to move forward and enter the latest guidance under the leadership God chose. these people in their insolence dump what the prophet they say they are following said. they instead make up a new theory as if that what they prophet said while it is clear to every true believers that their lies are not the truth of the prophet they say they follow and the prophet they are rejecting when he came after their stuck with prophet. the jews did it against Jesus, claiming that everything stopped with Moses. you people are doing that against Muhammad [SA] claiming everything stopped with Jesus.

There is no point taking pride in ignorance. If you take image123's advice you will have an educated opinion on the subject matter.
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
RoyPCain:

@olaadegbu; this is a silly opinion you have there because Ahmed Deedat [ra] was barred from entering nigeria in the same era you are talking about the control of the muslims. imagine ahmed deedat having dialogue with your mr bonnke and based on what had happened to each christian preacher ever debated him would be the end of this bonnke guy. the devil is bonnke proposing that man is God. the devil is you saying ghost is God. the devils are the people saying that God is worse than shylock without Mercy. come on. you should be able to think and come to a more closer to the truth conclusion and we in islam will just need to push a little before you know that God is not a man or even son of man. God is not to be tempted by satan or killed by death or ganged up against by men.

not much dawah is happening in western countries; the white brits are almost all atheists, agnostics anything except christianity in name only. it is Islam that stands for God that is not represented and completely universal. the prime minister finished christian prayer and immediately enter sikh temple for sikh prayer. well he is your christian alright. this your gloating is laughable. i am laughing at you because it is more than laughing with you.

get sanusi to become christian and we can talk. until then, those poor folks looking at oyedepo as somebody of importance will join your crowd.

You cannot compare Ahmed Deedat to Reinhard Bonnke. Ahmed Deedat's motive was only to win an argument, Reinhard Bonnke's motive was to win souls for Christ. He did not come to impress with man's wisdom nor did he come to show how Christianity was better than islam. All he came to do was to preach the simple gospel message of truth that will set the captives free, and you can see an example of one of the testimonies of HzRF gave of how he and his family were blessed.

Reinhard Bonnke came to preach the gospel of life while some religious nuts felt threatened that their slaves will be set free which made them to go on a killing spree. The simple message is that you can be free from the bondage of sin by simply repenting and trusting in the death of Christ. This is the truth that will set you free and it is only Jesus that can set you free indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by vooks: 5:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
I don't recall any Caucasian with such a passion for winning Negro souls. He is a legend, God bless you sir!

3 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by vooks: 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
grin grin grin

Image123, you can be hard and funny at the same time

Image123:
Search for the combination of "Bonnke", "1991", "Kano" on the Internet at least. Don't glory in ignorance RoyPCain.

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by MuttleyLaff: 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
HzRF:
God bless u sir

God bless ur ministry
Sir

vooks:
I don't recall any Caucasian with such a passion for winning Negro souls. He is a legend, God bless you sir!
Smoke and mirrors.
Apart from other matters, he is in the same league with TBJ, with his prophecies or "God told me..." claims
Where is the "unlike" option when you need one
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
^prophesies aided by the devil; 2 correct at best 5 partially correct and 93 wrong. you people focus on the 2 and add 5, but ignore the overwhelming 97 by far proving him a fraud like the psychic hotline people who start out with 50% accuracy asking you its a male or female as if there is another option.

@ OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm

You cannot compare Ahmed Deedat to Reinhard Bonnke. Ahmed Deedat's motive was only to win an argument, Reinhard Bonnke's motive was to win souls for Christ. He did not come to impress with man's wisdom nor did he come to show how Christianity was better than islam. All he came to do was to preach the simple gospel message of truth that will set the captives free, and you can see an example of one of the testimonies of HzRF gave of how he and his family were blessed.
yes, like the way paul did it with a lot of lies for the glory. right! guidance is from God and christ will say to you and bonnke, depart from me you workers of inequity, i do not know you. guess where that rejection gets for you? blessing that is everlasting is on the day of Judgment and the Lord of all owns that, not His servant slave, in spite of you winning soul for the servant.

Reinhard Bonnke came to preach the gospel of life while some religious nuts felt threatened that their slaves will be set free which made them to go on a killing spree. The simple message is that you can be free from the bondage of sin by simply repenting and trusting in the death of Christ. This is the truth that will set you free and it is only Jesus that can set you free indeed.
you people are magicians. you use 'life' when it suites your fancy, forgetting that death itself is part of life, a vehicle to get to the final life. aren't you one of the folks talking and hoping you will cheat death by rapture? i am assuring you by Allah, you will grow old and gray up in the head and die without seeing any rapture. if a christian says what i just said and it happens, and i assure you again that it will happen because it is ordained by Allah, you people will say he prophesied. SubhannaAllah. you people are gullible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
the dude bonnke is inviting you to hell as he already sees his people are on their way to it, we in Islam of the best of mankind [SA] are inviting you to return away from the everlasting disaster and enter paradise your father Adam [AS] and mate Hawa were tricked out of, you are listening to the beautiful voice of associate of satan.

you will not have any valid argument in front of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03pm On May 04, 2015
vooks:

True, he had a passion for winning Africa for Christ a feat that didn't go down well with the devil.
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18pm On May 04, 2015
RoyPCain:

@ OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm

yes, like the way paul did it with a lot of lies for the glory. right! guidance is from God and christ will say to you and bonnke, depart from me you workers of inequity, i do not know you. guess where that rejection gets for you? blessing that is everlasting is on the day of Judgment and the Lord of all owns that, not His servant slave, in spite of you winning soul for the servant.

What is truth to Paul is obviously a lie to you. After all you are enjoined to engage in the pratise of Al taqqiya to deceive the gullible and that is what you use in your debates to "win" arguments. Satan is the father of lies. You are quoting the words of Jesus do you believe Him? If you believe His Words He said: "I am the Way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me". Do you believe this?

RoyPCain:

you people are magicians. you use 'life' when it suites your fancy, forgetting that death itself is part of life, a vehicle to get to the final life. aren't you one of the folks talking and hoping you will cheat death by rapture? i am assuring you by Allah, you will grow old and gray up in the head and die without seeing any rapture. if a christian says what i just said and it happens, and i assure you again that it will happen because it is ordained by Allah, you people will say he prophesied. SubhannaAllah. you people are gullible.

If you believe that Jesus is a Prophet of God do you believe what He said about Himself? He said: "I am the Way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me". Do you believe this?
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by Nobody: 12:16am On May 05, 2015
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=33093368]

The kingdom of darkness knows what damage Reinhard Bonnke caused when he came to Nigeria and was banned from coming back (especially to the north) because of Muslims in the seat of power for about 10 years. The coast was clear again for him to come back to the country when a Christian president was in power but this time Bonnke restricted his preaching to the south as you can see one of the fruits of his labour testifying in the post above. The devil has lost the battle. And the christ him is not what the devil can manipulate
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by Nobody: 12:19am On May 05, 2015
christ has rissen so Glory be to GOD. HE is my ever loving GOD. the one I sherished above my Life Amen.

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38am On May 05, 2015
chukwubuzor123:

And the christ him is not what the devil can manipulate

Certainly the devil cannot manipulate the Christ in him. Christ in me the hope of glory! cheesy
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39am On May 05, 2015
chukwubuzor123:

christ has rissen so Glory be to GOD. HE is my ever loving GOD. the one I sherished above my Life Amen.

Amen.
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by Nobody: 8:43am On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Certainly the devil cannot manipulate the Christ in him. Christ in me the hope of glory! cheesy
yes ofcause: me too
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On May 05, 2015
chukwubuzor123:

yes ofcause: me too

Remain blessed. smiley
Re: Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
"By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's command" (Heb. 11:23).

Just think of what that involved. The Egyptian state and Pharaoh, its head, had made it illegal to keep a Hebrew baby-boy. By law, such children were to be killed at birth. Soldiers moved around to carry out this order. What terror and grief there must have been! Then Moses was born. His parents looked upon this lovely son, and decided to defy the law and hide the baby. "By faith . . . they were not afraid.”

Officers of the law were around, and their footsteps were heard stopping at their very door, seeking the child's life! Who would not shake in their shoes if armed men were waiting, ordered to kill their baby? Yet, "they were not afraid.”

This is a glorious truth: FAITH CANCELS FEAR. Their faith may have looked naive and foolish. But the situation was exactly what God likes. He delights to do the impossible. God bless you, REINHARD BONNKE.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/evangelistreinhardbonnke/ 9 April 2014 at 13:51 ·

(1) (Reply)

Has Your Child Ever Said Something To You That Shows Reincarnation? / Can God Reconcile With Devil / 13 Problems I Have With The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.