Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. (40404 Views)

Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For / Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore / 7 Cool Android Features You Aren’t Using (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Aida13: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
What about suggesting good apps to go with these features?? eg screen recording apps, device manager apps?

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by ladej(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Afromalaika:
Adapted from PC World By Ryan Whitwam

source: http://www.greenbot.com/article/2090128/11-killer-android-features-you-aren-t-using-but-should.html

all well and good

Battery life nko ?
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by martineverest(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
Team windows .....microsoft till i die...waiting for windows 10

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by unite4real: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Good one

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Dekatron(m): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sijo01:
I don't know why am allergic to long post(s) sad sad
aunty mi, it means you are . . . . . No vex o. .

LAZY!! LOL

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by tomzman: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
Informative piece

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Caseless: 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sijo01:
you have a very poor reading culture, and you have to work on this.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
Afromalaika:

source: http://www.greenbot.com/article/2090128/11-killer-android-features-you-aren-t-using-but-should.html

@ op, ur speed up animation tweak didnt work on my htc verizon merge...clicked the build number severally...didnt get any message...
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by fathomberry: 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
Kinda busy, will be back to comment. Watch this space.....

Ok I'm back!

[s]
(1) USE ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER FOR REMOTE SECURITY[/s]

The BlackBerry Protect can do this and even more. You can even back up a stolen device before wiping it. There are (paid) apps too that can help you monitor outgoing and incoming calls,texts and emails on your lost device

2) SCREEN RECORDING

Check out Penzus Screen Recorder in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/53098889

3) SET YOUR SYSTEM ANIMATIONS TO WARP SPEED

"The Run When Minimized permission" allows apps to continue performing tasks after you minimize the app on your BlackBerry smartphone, so simply turn off the permission of the Apps in use and voila others apps can perform faster.

4) [s]GET INTO YOUR PHONE FASTER WITH SMART LOCK[/s]

Have you seen the "Picture Password" on a BlackBerry? It's a combo of a picture and a number to unlock your device. It's easy, fast and classy and one of other ways to unlock your BlackBerry.

5) DON’T JUST MONITOR DATA USAGE—CONTROL IT

There is something called "Device Monitor" on the BlackBerry. With it you can manage and control not just data usage but battery life and device storage. With it you can put a limit (in MB) to the amount of data you use MONTHLY.

6) [s]USE WI-FI DIRECT FOR QUICK FILE TRANSFERS
[/s]

Old news. We get am too tongue

7) RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA, APP BY APP

I no fit shout! Just scroll up to no. 3.

cool [s]USE OWNER INFO TO MAKE IT EASIER TO RECLAIM A LOST DEVICE[/s]

This is not a killer feature na! I'd just add a photo for you.

9) [s]START RECOGNIZING TETHERED PHONES AS HOTSPOTS[/s]

Here's a list of info that your BlackBerry gets you when you connect to a hotspot or tethered phone.
A)wi-fi info. B) Device information. C) Logs. D) Traceroute etc

10) Priority Notifications
Na wa o. This one sef na killer feature? The BlackBerry has this feature too and FYI it's not complicated to set up.

11) Extend (or shorten) your lock timeout

Even "Nokia torch" get am! :/

In addition, BlackBerry has certain KILLER features like the advanced interactions that detect your actions and perform tasks for you e.g Lift to wake, flip to mute, Hold to stay awake etc etc

BlackBerry is the FUTURE!!! Keep moving :p

For all of you yabbing BlackBerry.

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by lanre316: 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
martineverest:

Is it that serious? Bro, it's just phones o. No be life and death matter o.

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by otodeluxe(m): 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
The benefits of having an android phone can not be under estimated. #teamandroid Am getting my Galaxy Prime Core this monday smiley

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by oluamid(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
lanre316:

Not just for the moment but for the foreseeable future = forever. It has overtaken IOS, Windows phone OS has no fighting chance and Blackberry OS is dead or dying already. Currently, 82% of ALL smartphones in the world run Android and the number is even increasing.

Nokia Java/symbian once said this... Now see where they are.
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by sirrinky: 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
This title should be 11killer apps in android 5.0. OP go sit down most of these apps aren't in older versions
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Kelly2713(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by lanre316: 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
oluamid:

Nokia Java/symbian once said this... Now see where they are.

Java is not as dynamic and innovative and ubiquitous as Android. And Java at any time has never run on more than 1 billion devices like Android did years ago. The comparison is not valid at any level at all.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by spyjulius(m): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
What I think...no matter what happen is still android phone ...all say android ...

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Raxxye(m): 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
Wow! I never knew androids have so much features.

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by cana882(m): 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
how about puting on the keyboard light in Q10
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by ewizard1: 12:01am On Apr 26, 2015
Except we have to start touching the thin air to make calls, take pictures, send messages etc in future.

As long as its going to be on a DEVICE!

#ANDROID is the Future!

It cant get madder than this!

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by sealleone(m): 12:46am On Apr 26, 2015
So these are features we don't use.....seriously, not all android users have high end devices for showing off.....some of us actually use em.......
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by dayodare49o: 1:58am On Apr 26, 2015
A from claim a:

I have understood that that these guys are really mad. well, as you can i have opened the secret you kept inside the android.

The developer you kept secret I have opened it so you don't have to tell me again.

But when you spoke about developer you did not talk about the bug and debugging section of the developer and those are the most important parts.

Well, I have opened your secret and I have opened the secret to confirm that you bug me.

I have instructed the developer to report all the bug that had taken place on my phone but I have not received any report but am 1000% sure that you bug me. I am sure of who, where, when I was bugged more than I am sure of waking up the next day.

don't you have rules for the games? you just want result that Will favour you no matter what you have to do?

What I want now is report from the developer. Never stop it. don't stop bugging and don't stop developer report. send it to my mails right away.
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 26, 2015
And another app which I think z must have for all android users especially with a rooted device is Titanium backup. With this app u will never lose any app anymore. Jux install on a rooted phone and backup all ur app including details e.g chat history. Jux give a try n u ll enjoy it

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Gman4real(m): 7:19am On Apr 26, 2015
Sijo01:
Its Laziness
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by RoyalRoy(m): 9:05am On Apr 26, 2015
Sijo01:

If you want to hide anything from a black man, put it in a book (in writing).

Theodore Grisham..1981

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Godiloveu(f): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by dayodare49o: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2015
some people are here to scam us, some people don't know what they want they they think they can scam us. some know what they want but don't know where to get it. it seems those that go to India for treatments don't know that India medical doctors' mission is to carry out surgery successfully not to save life especially when the patients are foreigners per say. As the law makes them account for unsuccessful surgeries not unsaved life. they always shout the surgery is successful but later the patient dies. You still want to waste 13 million there or you want to scam us? Maybe both.
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by dayodare49o: 11:37am On Apr 26, 2015
martineverest:
windows? ha ha ha in fact windows is chief bugger. in fact it bugs and records how many time you have sex per week. where did you go, where you are, whysy you are eating...in fact what cloth you wear how much you stole...windows? ha ha ha a dey laugh
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by martineverest(m): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
U must be joking....windows is the smoothest and most secured phone operating system if u dont know
dayodare49o:
windows? ha ha ha in fact windows is chief bugger. in fact it bugs and records how many time you have sex per week. where did you go, where you are, whysy you are eating...in fact what cloth you wear how much you stole...windows? ha ha ha a dey laugh
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by dayodare49o: 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
martineverest:
U must be joking....windows is the smoothest and most secured phone operating system if u dont know
OK! I have heard you. Linux that did android was not that much in personal computers until recent years.

All the buggings all over the world were done through windows. ha ha ha windows as it sounds, it is the best way to spy. Since it would be hard to get through your doors then I will spy you through windows ha ha ha. don't be mugu o.

if the chip can not be embedded in you for now the devils are ready to keep every information about you until they lay their hands on you.
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by Afromalaika(m): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
Aida13:
What about suggesting good apps to go with these features?? eg screen recording apps, device manager apps?
Will work on that, immediately I come across such online, I will copy to repost on November for our benefit.
Thanks.
Re: 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. by martineverest(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
dayodare49o:

OK! I have heard you. Linux that did android was not that much in personal computers until recently years.

All the buggings all over the world were done through windows. ha ha ha windows as it sounds, it is the best way to spy. Since it would be hard to get through your doors then I will spy you through windows ha ha ha. don't be mugu o.

if the chip can not be embedded in you for now the devils are ready to keep every information about you until they lay their hands on you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Tecno A7 Specifications / BBM vs Whatsapp: Which Is Better? / MTN Re-launches TruTalk That Allows you To Call 11 Numbers At Cheaper Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.