Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Welcome To New Auto Section - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Welcome To New Auto Section (5414 Views)

You Are Welcome To Cotonou Clearing And Forwarding Home!!!!!!! / New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day / <WELCOME TO NIGERIA<007'S ON RAMPAGE> Murano SL AWD. Preorderd By Benboa Of Nl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2009
[b]Since an elder does not sit back at home watching a she-goat delivers with a rope on her neck. I came to realize that some dealers are reluctant to post the complete VIN/chassis no. of their advertised cars for obvious reasons of which include tracking down the source and purchased price of their vehicles by their competitors.

I hereby present to you the Naija VIN usage version as the alternate measure towards the maintaining of peace and progress on this section.

- Dealers could be allowed to post an incomplete VIN/Chassis no. as contains in some of the adverts on this forum but highly obliged to post the complete reports as contained in both Autocheck and Carfax of which he/she can edit out any part that has anything to do with the reasons mentioned above.

upon serious enquiry via e-mail, sms etc I thereby advise all buyers to cross check the VIN/Chassis no. reports with what would be given on Nairaland .
    In the same time I shall encourage any dealer that cannot post the reports as contained above to post the complete VIN/chassis no. on this forum for the prospective buyers to run the check themselves.
     After all, the reasons for VIN are for the accident history, branding, last odometer reading and title disclosure.

Good people of Nairaland, what do you think?
Remember, we need mature,constructive and honest contributions here.
Thanks.[/b]
smiley smiley
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Cosjo(m): 10:56am On Feb 02, 2009
igwe 1:

[b]Since an elder does not sit back at home watching a she-goat delivers with a rope on her neck. I came to realize that some dealers are reluctant to post the complete VIN/chassis no. of their advertised cars for obvious reasons of which include tracking down the source and purchased price of their vehicles by their competitors.

I hereby present to you the Naija VIN usage version as the alternate measure towards the maintaining of peace and progress of this section.

Dealers could be allowed to post an incomplete VIN/Chassis no. as contains in some of the adverts on this forum but highly obliged to post the complete reports as contained in both Autocheck and Carfax of which he/she can edit out any part that has anything to do with the reasons mentioned above.

I also advise all buyers to cross check the VIN/Chassis no. report with what would be given on Nairaland upon serious enquiry via e-mail, sms etc.
In the same time I shall encourage any dealer that cannot post the reports as contained above to post the complete VIN/chassis no. on this forum for the prospective buyers to run the check themselves.
After all, the reasons for VIN are for the accident history, branding, last odometer reading and title disclosure.

Good people of Nairaland, what do you think?
Remember, we need mature,constructive and honest contributions here.
Thanks.[/b]
smiley smiley

NO WAY, WE WANT COMPLETE 17 DIGITS VIN NUMBER.

NO MAGO MAGO, NO WAYO FOR HERE, DEALERS WHO SELL US CHEAP CARS AT HIGH PRICES IN THE NAME OF HONESTY NOW KNOW WE CAN GOOGLE THEIR VIN NUMBERS AND KNOW THE PRICE THE CARS COST WHERE THEY BOUGHT IT, REVEALING THE GREED IN THEIR BUSINESS

NO 17 DIGITS VIN NUMBER, NO ADVERT. WE WANT TO SANITIZE THIS FORUM OF GREEDY DEALERS

AZU ARINZE, YOU NO DEY TRY AT ALL, YOU DEY FALL WE TRIBE HAND
angry angry
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2009
Cosjo:

NO WAY, WE WANT COMPLETE 17 DIGITS VIN NUMBER.

NO MAGO MAGO, NO WAYO FOR HERE, DEALERS WHO SELL US CHEAP CARS AT HIGH PRICES IN THE NAME OF HONESTY NOW KNOW WE CAN GOOGLE THEIR VIN NUMBERS AND KNOW THE PRICE THE CARS COST WHERE THEY BOUGHT IT, REVEALING THE GREED IN THEIR BUSINESS

NO 17 DIGITS VIN NUMBER, NO ADVERT. WE WANT TO SANITIZE THIS FORUM OF GREEDY DEALERS

AZU ARINZE, YOU NO DEY TRY AT ALL, YOU DEY FALL WE TRIBE HAND
angry angry

Whichever one cosjo,
but why not use your popular business username to reply my posts.
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Cosjo(m): 11:07am On Feb 02, 2009
igwe 1:

Whichever one cosjo,
but why not use your popular business username to reply my posts.

SEE WETIN MUMU DEY TALK, I SAY NO ROOM FOR GREEDY AND UNREPENTANT DEALERS ON THIS FORUM AGAIN, ANYTHING YOU LIKE TALK, I DEY WATCH YOU AND YOUR OGA LIKE INCREDIBLE HAWK.

WE WANT 17 DIGITS OF VIN NUMBER, NO MAGO MAGO, NO WAYO OHHHH grin grin
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 11:12am On Feb 02, 2009
Cosjo:

WE WANT 17 DIGITS OF VIN NUMBER, NO MAGO MAGO, NO WAYO OHHHH grin grin

So shall it be. smiley cheesy
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Cosjo(m): 11:15am On Feb 02, 2009
@ ALL

WHEN YOU SEE ANY CAR ADVERT WITH VIN NUMBER

GOOGLE THE VIN NUMBER, YOU WILL SEE THE DEALER THAT OWNS THE CAR AND THE PRICE IT WAS BOUGHT, ADD $1500 FOR SHIPPING, $2000 FOR CLEARING, YOU WILL GET THE LANDING COST.

YOU CAN BEGIN TO NEGOTIATE FOR THE CAR LIKE A PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE YOU KNOW AS MUCH AS THE SELLER.

17 DIGITS VIN OR NO ADVERT cool cool
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 11:21am On Feb 02, 2009
Cosjo:

@ ALL

WHEN YOU SEE ANY CAR ADVERT WITH VIN NUMBER

GOOGLE THE VIN NUMBER, YOU WILL SEE THE DEALER THAT OWNS THE CAR AND THE PRICE IT WAS BOUGHT, ADD $1500 FOR SHIPPING, $2000 FOR CLEARING, YOU WILL GET THE LANDING COST.

YOU CAN BEGIN TO NEGOTIATE FOR THE CAR LIKE A PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE YOU KNOW AS MUCH AS THE SELLER.

17 DIGITS VIN OR NO ADVERT cool cool

Now you are talking cool cool smiley smiley.
So people, any car advertised without VIN/Chassis no. , don't buy,run 440
smiley smiley cheesy
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by RemKen: 11:32am On Feb 02, 2009
Why would someone like igwe1 wants people to hide VIN/Chassis number was my first question after reading this post? I knew he understood quiet well reasons WHY IT BECAME IMPORTANT on this forum to post them. After reading the suggestions 2 more times I began to proffer answers to my question my self.

Cosjo, if you read his post well, fourth paragraph (I also advise all buyers to cross check the VIN/Chassis no. report with what would be given on Nairaland upon serious enquiry via e-mail, sms etc) would have given buyers as well as investigators ( of cost price) opportunity to have access to either VIN or chassis number of such a car. THERE IS NOTHING HIDDEN ON INTERNET, the picture of the car as well as its name ARE ENOUGH to give you any information you need on such car, dig deep and you will be amazed what only the brand name and the year of manufacture can reveal about a car. Honestly I felt like you did before I use my professional eye to decipher igwe1’s point, thank you for your contribution but calling people derogatory names inspite of what they might have done doesn't speak well of a wise man, pls just make your points.

Igwe1, your suggestion is what I call[b] “wise man’s solution to people who think they know problems”[/b], I wouldn’t reveal the wisdom. ONLY those who can see below the lines can see and understand what you are saying.

God bless you all
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Cosjo(m): 11:35am On Feb 02, 2009
RemKen:

Why would someone like igwe1 wants people to hide VIN/Chassis number was my first question after reading this post? I knew he understood quiet well reasons WHY IT BECAME IMPORTANT on this forum to post them. After reading the suggestions 2 more times I began to proffer answers to my question my self.

Cosjo, if you read his post well, fourth paragraph (I also advise all buyers to cross check the VIN/Chassis no. report with what would be given on Nairaland upon serious enquiry via e-mail, sms etc) would have given buyers as well as investigators ( of cost price) opportunity to have access to either VIN or chassis number of such a car. THERE IS NOTHING HIDDEN ON INTERNET, the picture of the car as well as its name ARE ENOUGH to give you any information you need on such car, dig deep and you will be amazed what only the brand name and the year of manufacture can reveal about a car. Honestly I felt like you did before I use my professional eye to decipher igwe1’s point, thank you for your contribution but calling people derogatory names inspite of what they might have done doesn't speak well of a wise man, pls just make your points.

Igwe1, your suggestion is what I call[b] “wise man’s solution to people who think they know problems”[/b], I wouldn’t reveal the wisdom. ONLY those who can see below the lines can see and understand what you are saying.

God bless you all

you sound like i know you somewhere ? do you know a man called Akuya ? grin grin
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 11:53am On Feb 02, 2009
RemKen:

God bless you all
Bless you my brother, cool cool
Some people can't do without causing confusion and cheating on their fellow human being.
Tell me how to make this auto section work for Christ sake!

I only wanted the serious buyers to have the VIN posted to them via e-mail while the history be made known on nairaland so that novice buyer may seek advice from experience people on NL as well.
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by zerofobia: 11:53am On Feb 02, 2009
"GOOGLE THE VIN NUMBER, YOU WILL SEE THE DEALER THAT OWNS THE CAR AND THE PRICE IT WAS BOUGHT, ADD $1500 FOR SHIPPING, $2000 FOR CLEARING, YOU WILL GET THE LANDING COST."

Cosjo so you mean the dealers shouldn't include the 10% Federal Government sales tax and state tax and also their profit.It will be better if the dealers just come to Niaraland and give the car out for free
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Cosjo(m): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2009
igwe1 ( Azuka Arinze )

Martins00:

[size=25pt]Face allegations first, my friend!

Were u bribed or not?[/size]

[size=25pt]Do u have a second Id called firearmy?[/size]
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Cosjo(m): 11:56am On Feb 02, 2009
zerofobia:

"GOOGLE THE VIN NUMBER, YOU WILL SEE THE DEALER THAT OWNS THE CAR AND THE PRICE IT WAS BOUGHT, ADD $1500 FOR SHIPPING, $2000 FOR CLEARING, YOU WILL GET THE LANDING COST."

Cosjo so you mean the dealers shouldn't include the 10% Federal Government sales tax and state tax and also their profit.It will be better if the dealers just come to Niaraland and give the car out for free

We all know that there will be some miscellaneous expenses and taxes, but some greedy dealers are on this forum, by the time you make your calculations you can add one or two together to give you the differences, some dealers are really greedy, i will soon name names, we want 17 digits full vin number lipsrsealed
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
zerofobia:

I only wanted the serious buyers to have the VIN posted to them via e-mail while the history be made known on nairaland with incomplete VIN no, so that novice buyer may seek advice on the result  from the experienced people in this site as well.
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Cosjo(m): 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2009
igwe 1:

I only wanted the serious buyers to have the VIN posted to them via e-mail while the history be made known on nairaland with incomplete VIN no, so that novice buyer may seek advice on the result from the experienced people in this site as well.

THE LONG AND SHORT STORY BE SAY WE WANT CAR ADVERTS WITH 17 DIGITS VIN NUMBER, ANYTHING SHORT THAN THAT IS DISHONESTY SHIKENAH. angry angry
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by RemKen: 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2009
Cosjo, sorry, I'm battling with my codes - that's what I do. I don't know Akuya except he/she is one of the few nairalanders I communicated via their emails, I might have communicated you before too. IF you check my post, this is my third post, but you know what? I read almost all post, especially on Auto forum.

To ALL; pls lets try and tolerate ourselves, IF YOU LOOK WELL, YOU WILL FIND WISDOM IN WHAT THAT MAD MAN IS DOING THAT MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH AT HIM,

Love everyone EVEN your enemies for they are the only set of people that will HELP you discover your true SELF and MOST TIME PUSH US TO OUR PROMISE LAND,

Shalom!!!
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
igwe 1:

[size=14pt]I only wanted the serious buyers to have the VIN posted to them via e-mail [/size] while the history be made known on nairaland so that novice buyer may seek advice from experience people on NL as well.

igwe 1:

[color=#000099][size=14pt]I only wanted the serious buyers to have the VIN posted to them via e-mail [/size] while the history be made known on nairaland with incomplete VIN no . . .

Shuo, see this our Mr fair-and-Consistency Sanitisation Officer, he even repeated it twice in case we had forgotten he said it before grin

Who appointed you Lord of the Manor, why was it wrong when Inspired_men, Viperman and co were doing exactly this undecided O ga o, when did this section turn to "what is good for the goose is not good for the gander" shocked Monopoly at the highest order lipsrsealed

Igwe keep goofing you hear, don't let me stop you grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2009
igwe 1:

. . .People meet each other everyday and Igwe's own has turned into an extra ordinary thing . . . smiley smiley smiley

firearmy:

I was able to meet with Igwe over the weekend in his new office. . .

RemKen:

[size=14pt]. . . I don't know Akuya except he/she is one of the few nairalanders I communicated via their emails . . .[/size]

Cosjo, abeg which cream are you using that is making this people confess so grin I have to meet you to collect some too cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't worry, us Yabaleft residents have to have a mouthguard and tranquillisers before we are allowed visitors, so don't worry I wouldn't bite, lol grin Meetings galore, can't wait, off to dig out my Sunday best, I have to look good for the date grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
Busy_body:

Shuo, see this our Mr fair-and-Consistency Sanitisation Officer, he even repeated it twice in case we had forgotten he said it before grin

Who appointed you Lord of the Manor, why was it wrong when Inspired_men, Viperman and co were doing exactly this undecided O ga o, when did this section turn to "what is good for the goose is not good for the gander" shocked Monopoly at the highest order lipsrsealed

I'm pretty sure we have trouble makers amongst us.
Though, Snake ain’t gonna give birth to a cat, you‘d better know that.
Why not give your own contribution or walk away.
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
igwe 1:

I'm pretty sure we have trouble makers amongst us.
Though, Snake ain’t gonna give birth to a cat, you‘d better know that.
Why not give your own contribution or walk away.

Senseless cop-out grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
Busy_body:

Senseless cop-out grin grin grin

like husband like wife grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by olivetree: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2009
Igwe na wah for you. which one be partial disclosure again?

let full VIN be displayed, and as always, LET BUYERS BEWARE. Many pple come here to advertise cars at outrageous prices. Before you buy, take a drive around Lagos or wherever you are and price cars, that way you can come to a conclusion if the prices on nairaland are ok or not, cos am baffled at the kind of prices pple attach to their cars on here.

Also, dont rely on vin alone, take a trusted mechanic or friend along to check the state of any car you are buying.

For those not conversant with where to uy cars, if in Lagos, go to berger, sunrise, agidingbi, airport road, sango ota, tincan etc and you will be surprised at the array of cars you see and their prices. Dont let somebody come here and use grammar deceive you.
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2009
igwe 1:

like husband like wife grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hope you are not talking about my hubby Dr Agabaibu like that angry angry angry cheesy
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2009
olivetree:

. . . For those not conversant with where to uy cars, if in Lagos, go to berger, sunrise, agidingbi, airport road, sango ota, tincan etc and you will be surprised at the array of cars you see and their prices. Dont let somebody come here and use grammar deceive you.

shocked shocked shocked Did he just go there shocked shocked shocked You better hope Igwe and his cohorts don't see this lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
olivetree:

Igwe na wah for you. which one be partial disclosure again?

let full VIN be displayed, and as always, LET BUYERS BEWARE. Many pple come here to advertise cars at outrageous prices. Before you buy, take a drive around Lagos or wherever you are and price cars, that way you can come to a conclusion if the prices on nairaland are ok or not, cos am baffled at the kind of prices pple attach to their cars on here.

Also, dont rely on vin alone, take a trusted mechanic or friend along to check the state of any car you are buying.

For those not conversant with where to uy cars, if in Lagos, go to berger, sunrise, agidingbi, airport road, sango ota, tincan etc and you will be surprised at the array of cars you see and their prices. Dont let somebody come here and use grammar deceive you.
Thanks brother, It just how to make it work here so that people can do business on an equal play ground.
I support whatever will make this forum conducive for all of us.

The only reason for VIN to the best of my knowledge here is to run a VIN check on it of which am strongly in support of.
But now we all have consolidated our agreement on complete VIN disclosure, suffice it to say that any advert without VIN is out of order.
cool cool cool
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by SisiJinx: 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2009
Busy_body:

Who appointed you Lord of the Manor
, why was it wrong when Inspired_men, Viperman and co were doing exactly this undecided O ga o, when did this section turn to "what is good for the goose is not good for the gander" shocked Monopoly at the highest order lipsrsealed

Rotflmao!! God Bless you oooh! I had to scroll up to see if Seun had finally caved and made him moderator, when I didn't see that. . . I Scrolled down to see if Nairaland is now owned by Oluwaseun Osewa and Igwe 1.

Isn't it just amusing when some people start believing their own press??!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Cosjo(m): 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2009
Busy_body:

LEAVE AZUKA ALONE OH, His Oga has given him the latest Order to scrap Vin Numbers so they can continue to rip off Innocent Nigerians, Same Igwe that was shouting Vin disclosure now has started supporting Sending full VIN numbers to email alone.

Why do you think him Oga never Advertise any car this Year Because him Know say we dey Watch to Winchi Am, lipsrsealed Enough RIP off all in the name of Honesty. Google will expose you FULL VIN NUMBERS OHHHHHHH angry
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
igwe 1:

. . .The only reason for VIN to the best of my knowledge here is to run a VIN check on it of which am strongly in support of. . .
cool cool cool

Igwe, pull the other one cool
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by igwe11(m): 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Rotflmao!! God Bless you oooh! I had to scroll up to see if Seun had finally caved and made him moderator, when I didn't see that. . . I Scrolled down to see if Nairaland is now owned by Oluwaseun Osewa and Igwe 1.

Isn't it just amusing when some people start believing their own press??!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
kiss
I know you will come here. smiley smiley
Isn't what we agreed upon now?
grin grin
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Isn't it just amusing when some people start believing their own press??!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ROFLMAO grin Chei, you are a baaaaaad influence, you know grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2009
Cosjo:

. . . Same Igwe that was shouting Vin disclosure now has started supporting Sending full VIN numbers to email alone.

Are you calling Igwe my lolo, wishy-washy angry angry angry tsk tsk tsk grin  Ha I no fit shout    lipsrsealed
Re: Welcome To New Auto Section by SisiJinx: 7:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
Busy_body:

ROFLMAO grin Chei, you are a baaaaaad influence, you know grin grin grin

Bwahahahahaha! Me ke? Noooo ooh! You give me the liver to be bad. cheesy cheesy

Cosjo:

LEAVE AZUKA ALONE OH, His Oga has given him the latest Order to scrap Vin Numbers so they can continue to rip off Innocent Nigerians, [size=18pt]Same Igwe that was shouting Vin disclosure now has started supporting Sending full VIN numbers to email alone.[/size]

Why do you think him Oga never Advertise any car this Year Because him Know say we dey Watch to Winchi Am,  lipsrsealed Enough RIP off all in the name of Honesty. Google will expose you  FULL VIN NUMBERS OHHHHHHH angry

Rotflmao!! Do you think he has problems with his memory because this kind bold face switcheroo is baffling ooooooh!!

I for one I'm not gonna talk too much. . . I say we give him room to hang himself. Surely after this blatant pandering to a certain group, people will be hard pressed to take him seriously. We are not as brainless as he thinks we are. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tokunbo Honda Discussion Continues For Sale / Lovely Rides For Rent (weddings,club Parties,movies E.t.c) / TODAY !!! © Selling My Restored Classic Volkswagen Beetle ©

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.