Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks (1241 Views)

I Will Teach You Web Design Free Of Charge. / I Will Teach You Python / I Need Someone To Teach Me Python & Django **For a Fee** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by ife01(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
I need someone who will teach me hands-on Python intensively for about 3weeks.
Possible?
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Nature129(m): 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Go to Sambisa Forest and you'll see a cobra. I believe a cobra can teach you python well.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by graciousme(f): 11:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
Me too wink urgent help needed
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by zinaba(m): 11:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hey guys...if you need a personal tutor on python. contact me via my email.
duruj51@yahoo.com
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Borwe: 8:39am On Apr 26, 2015
Please stop learning this slow stupid language and just switch to java for everything.
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
Borwe:
Please stop learning this slow stupid language and just switch to java for everything.

a post not backed by facts.
how is python slow?

@ op, send an email to info@webdezzi.com
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Raikishi(m): 12:27am On Apr 27, 2015
I AM HARDLY EVER IRRITATED but this is one of the few comments that have made me want to puke...

Borwe:

PS: Not because am a python-head (which i am) but because it speaks bad about the mentality of many-a-programmer

'programming languages are tools meant to lessen the art of problem solving through code' java has its uses, c# has its niche and python is king in some areas. THIS IS NOT MY 2CENTS

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Borwe: 5:52am On Apr 27, 2015
Anyone here ever dared to use the so called super cool GUI creation libraries in python? Well I did. Shit looks easy at firest and gets you addicted to Python but when you go beyond creating some stupid hello world GUI to some more advanced ones, well Python starts looking like shit, lags like shit. It is said that simple games like Super Mario with 2d graphics will need a computer with i3 core, with about some 2+ ghz processors. I call that crap.
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Raikishi(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2015
Yes I Have... When I Started learning python the first thing i did was port all my preexisting C# applications to python for cross platform portability.

I DON'T DO WEBAPPS A FRACTION AS MUCH AS I WRITE DISTRIBUTED ENTERPRISE DESKTOP APPLICATIONS AND PYTHON HAS NOT FAILED ME

Borwe:
Anyone here ever dared to use the so called super cool GUI creation libraries in python? Well I did. Shit looks easy at firest and gets you addicted to Python but when you go beyond creating some stupid hello world GUI to some more advanced ones, well Python starts looking like shit, lags like shit. It is said that simple games like Super Mario with 2d graphics will need a computer with i3 core, with about some 2+ ghz processors. I call that crap.

Care to share the library/libraries you used?
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Borwe: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
Here is some prove for you...
Only reason python is cool is cause it is some how faster and easier when at writing code. But shit slow when it comes to performing the codes. WHat's the point of writing short code that lags and save 1 hour instead of writing java code that will run smoothly but probably need more code and more time to code.

Java code is compiled into byte code and then moved to the JVM to be turned to native code to excecute by the system.
Main steps after compiling java code to running it is:
ByteCode-->(by JVM)Native Code;

But Python code is written without byte code compilation. This is done in the back scene so before running a single line of code it it transformed to bytecode by the python interpreter then to native code all on the go. So everytime you run the program you have to generate bytecode over and over and over again. While Java compiles into bytecode for its JVM and excecutes only once. No need to recreate the byte code over and over again.

That is the main reason why Python sucks in performance compared to Java.
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by kudaisi(m): 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
Borwe:
Only reason python is cool is cause it is some how faster and easier when at writing code. But shit slow when it comes to performing the codes. WHat's the point of writing short code that lags and save 1 hour instead of writing java code that will run smoothly but probably need more code and more time to code.

Java code is compiled into byte code and then moved to the JVM to be turned to native code to excecute by the system.

But Python code is written without byte code compilation. This is done in the back scene so before running a single line of code it it transformed to bytecode by the python interpreter then to native code all on the go. So everytime you run the program you have to generate bytecode over and over and over again. While Java compiles into bytecode for its JVM and excecutes only once. No need to recreate the byte code over and over again.

That is the main reason why Python sucks in performance compared to Java.
Bro I've used Python extensively and equally Java. If you really knew this two programming languages like you claim you wouldn't even dare compare them with each other (as in they are not even related). They both have their perks and caveats. We should try to maintain some professionalism when writing up post in this forum abeg.

Some beginner programmer will read a your post on python being slow and skip learning python entirely cause you said so. VLC(and many more solid application such as GNU radio) is of the most fastest media player I've come across and it might interest you to know that it was written in python. Or try doing some Digital Signal Processing (DSP) with Java as against python...life go tire you. Even for Image processing I'll def pick Python before Java. I rarely write GUI application in python however I develop most of all my utility tools in python. That said because I use them both so much for so different stuffs, please don't compare them as it is not worth it. And don't discourage people from learning either of them.

The delay in your GUI might even be as a result of the code your wrote or the GUI framework your used. It's an hasty conclusion to say that python is slow as poo (Whatever that means)

1 Like

Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by kudaisi(m): 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
Borwe:
Choi!! You called Python silly and slow. In fact, i rest my case.
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by sisqology(m): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
kudaisi:
Bro I've used Python extensively and equally Java. If you really knew this two programming languages like you claim you wouldn't even dare compare them with each other (as in they are not even related). They both have their perks and caveats. We should try to maintain some professionalism when writing up post in this forum abeg.

Some beginner programmer will read a your post on python being slow and skip learning python entirely cause you said so. VLC(and many more solid application such as GNU radio) is of the most fastest media player I've come across and it might interest you to know that it was written in python. Or try doing some Digital Signal Processing (DSP) with Java as against python...life go tire you. Even for Image processing I'll def pick Python before Java. I rarely write GUI application in python however I develop most of all my utility tools in python. That said because I use them both so much for so different stuffs, please don't compare them as it is not worth it. And don't discourage people from learning either of them.

The delay in your GUI might even be as a result of the code your wrote or the GUI framework your used. It's an hasty conclusion to say that python is slow as poo (Whatever that means)

You read my mind
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Raikishi(m): 12:04am On Apr 28, 2015
I tweeted about this.... let me look for it and put it here for historical reasons.

**modified**

We have so many #programming languages because they are just tools, meant to lessen the difficulties of problem solving through #code.
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Raikishi(m): 12:42am On Apr 28, 2015
Borwe:

That is the main reason why Python sucks in performance
compared to Java.

1. Only reason python is cool? ::: It's not just about being a RAD tool or simplicity of its syntax. Extensibility, Portability, Community, Massive Libraries ETC ETC... i.e. python lets you get to the crux of the reason why you write code (to solve problems) without any overheads or unnecessary rites or rituals. (see code snippets below: 'all i want to do is print all numbers less than a given value')

//java
class ABC{
public static void main(String[] args){
for(int num = 0; num < 10; num++){
System.out.println(num);
}//end of for
}//end of main
}//end of class

#python

num = 0
while num < 10:
print num
num += 1

As you can see above i can get to the meat of the problem i want to solve in python without the needed overhead of creating a class, then a main method, and all that jazz.

2. Python is slower than java? ::: Programming languages have no inherent speed. Let me explain, what you decide to implement using a language is what can be timed not the language itself. (most times the speed difference will put java microseconds ahead of python, however some times i.e. karastuba's algorithm - python is faster)

3. Python is slow because its interpreted? ::: leaking roof argument.... google .pyc

SUMMARY::: Ever heard of a one trick horse, don't be a slave to technology sir. Flip it the other way and use it for what it truly is - i.e. Technology should never prevent you from doing a thing, on the contrary technology as a concept was born to drive productivity.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Borwe: 7:13am On Apr 28, 2015
Bro, I know about pyc. It supposed to be the bytecode compiled version of python raw code. As you said python is simple to read, understand and implement what you want while saving time. And you claim that there is no such thing as performance comparisons?

Hmmmm. Now here is where I laugh. Well you see Python bytecode or raw code all try to compile to native code at runtime, mean while native code is what c++ and c programs compile to before running. With this fact well, you see, python is going to be slower than c++ at everything due to the extra steps taken to run the program at runtime. On the other hand java is still faster than python but slower than c++ for this same reason. And if you go onto compare PHP, you will find out it's even slower than python, due to it's crappy, hence is only used on servers, Haven't seen any simple php program that runs stand alone in my life.

Now here is the reason why Java is faster than python. As you said python simplifies coding, making it easier to understand. But this simplicity causes difficulty during compile time and runtime due to it's different coding characteristics as compared to c++ or c. Meanwhile java coding is slightly similar to c++ coding, all main excecutables must have main methods, etc.. only real difference is limited memory managment on java as compared to c++ since the jvm handles everything. Now seeing that java codes are more similar to c++ codes than python will ever be the bytecode to native code process works better and faster since it is almost the same.

And what is this about different Languagess boosting tecnology?
WOW! all this many languages just try to imitate the idea java came up with, way back when you was even probably born(I know I wasnt). Python is using virtual machine to translate it's bytecode to native code, and this is one of the main characteristics of java. And java just tried to make c++ easier to learn and implement without the hustle of compiling or optimizing codes for particular machines, java would do that for you with jvm.
Picture this, Android started from back in 2006( lets make it in likes of java, hell it's main language for programming is java!!), and then Samsung, Blackberry, come up with their own versions Operating systems, which claim to be able to run android apps and do more(Make this python and all those other script languages, Ruby etc, claiming they can do what java does and more), but the down side is that they suck at performance on android apps( Yeah, I am talking about Tizen and Blackberry 10+ OS). So eventually Android is still king and this others are it's servants. grin grin grin grin)((Java rules over others grin grin grin why you think google didn't use python for android instead of java? because java has better performance. grin grin grin grin grin))
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
Borwe:

if you are building a serious gui app, you need to at least have a "thread creator" class which you ship your tasks to.
I have used tkinter, i currently use QT and i am yet to experience any of the nightmares you listed.

You dont do major tasks on the main thread, which is obviously the same thread the GUI is on. your app will freeze.
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Raikishi(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sigh(SMH) .... I have heard you!
Borwe:
Bro, I know about pyc. It supposed to be the bytecode compiled version of python raw code. As you said python is simple to read, understand and implement what you want while saving time. And you claim that there is no such thing as performance comparisons?

Hmmmm. Now here is where I laugh. Well you see Python bytecode or raw code all try to compile to native code at runtime, mean while native code is what c++ and c programs compile to before running. With this fact well, you see, python is going to be slower than c++ at everything due to the extra steps taken to run the program at runtime. On the other hand java is still faster than python but slower than c++ for this same reason. And if you go onto compare PHP, you will find out it's even slower than python, due to it's crappy, hence is only used on servers, Haven't seen any simple php program that runs stand alone in my life.

Now here is the reason why Java is faster than python. As you said python simplifies coding, making it easier to understand. But this simplicity causes difficulty during compile time and runtime due to it's different coding characteristics as compared to c++ or c. Meanwhile java coding is slightly similar to c++ coding, all main excecutables must have main methods, etc.. only real difference is limited memory managment on java as compared to c++ since the jvm handles everything. Now seeing that java codes are more similar to c++ codes than python will ever be the bytecode to native code process works better and faster since it is almost the same.

WOW! all this many languages just try to imitate the idea java came up with, way back when you was even probably born(I know I wasnt). Python is using virtual machine to translate it's bytecode to native code, and this is one of the main characteristics of java. And java just tried to make c++ easier to learn and implement without the hustle of compiling or optimizing codes for particular machines, java would do that for you with jvm.
Picture this, Android started from back in 2006( lets make it in likes of java, hell it's main language for programming is java!!), and then Samsung, Blackberry, come up with their own versions Operating systems, which claim to be able to run android apps and do more(Make this python and all those other script languages, Ruby etc, claiming they can do what java does and more), but the down side is that they suck at performance on android apps( Yeah, I am talking about Tizen and Blackberry 10+ OS). So eventually Android is still king and this others are it's servants. grin grin grin grin)((Java rules over others grin grin grin why you think google didn't use python for android instead of java? because java has better performance. grin grin grin grin grin))

PS: I feel sad when I see sum1 (especially Nigerian programmers) get stuck in the java/c#/haskell/python/lisp/c is king mentality. Someday you might get it... for now my advice to you is - "Shut up and write some code".
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by drealboy(m): 7:25am On Apr 30, 2015
Borwe:

you know u should provide benchmark to back up your rants.

language performance is debatable because language only have semantics not performance.
is like saying Arabic is faster than French.

language performance has to do with lots of factors like runtime,implementation, the coder himself & what have you.

sorting in o(n2) in Java is slower than o(nlogn) in python but then this is about implementation of a given task
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by ife01(m): 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
It's quite interesting what this thread turned into - a Python vs Java debate.
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by zinaba(m): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Quite an interesting post.
Java which represent just a tea cup and python,a huge snake.
...guess the winner.lol.
Re: Who Will Teach Me Python Intensively For About 3weeks by Borwe: 7:06am On May 01, 2015
Go for python if you are learning programming for the fun of it, go for Java if you are learning programming to make good GUIs and are interested in possibly learning c++ later on.

(1) (Reply)

Microscope Kit And Accesories Sales At Micostar Mall / Excel Macro VBA Programming. / Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.