Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) (1924 Views)

256k/512k Broadband Internet In Lagos? / Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria / To Create Broadband Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by k9(m): 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2006
A company in lagos is offering their equipment for broadband internet at a special discount price of 40K for the month of September ONLY. 24/7 128Kbps bandwith for N7350. But you must pay for 3 months access at a time. So if you want broadband internet and have exactly 63K then send me a mail to 7929529 AT multilinks DOT com, or call 0802-3529-325 and let me know. I will only refer you to someone (my insider) in the company as the offer isn't even public. But remember this offer is for the month of SEPTEMBER ONLY and is only available in select parts of lagos where they have service (I don't know all the areas)
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by LoverBwoy(m): 1:55am On Sep 11, 2006
why is the offer not made public? 
what a weird strategy  sad
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by otokx(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2006
This thing sounds like arrangee no ni
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by sholatech(m): 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2006
I am interested but i need to know the company!
The company will determine the nature of support that they can give me and my company.
Also, does it cover surulere and marina lagos?
Are they operating on the licensed or unlicensed frequencies?
I cant pay for 3 months upfront if i dont know if its a company that will last that long.
If im satisfied with these initial inquiries, i will get one for my house and another for the office.
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by k9(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2006
Is it new for things about Nigeria or Nigerian companies to be wierd?

Arrangee? suit yourself. I only seek to help. Nothing prevented me from going solo.

Did I not say I will refer you to some one in the company? 3 months upfront sucks as well and that's why I haven't bought from the company in the past 5 months I knew they offer broadband. This price reduction was a breath of fresh air. and I'm willing to take the gamble, even though the company does have a recognizeable name

I have said my last on the issue. I have done my bit.

Peae out. smiley
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by Bossman(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2006
Wow! Those prices are pretty high! Am I missing something? First, what's the broadband upload/download speed of the broadband service? For most people the most important speed is the download speed anyway.  128kbps for 7000 Naira?  I get 115.2 Kbps while using my mobile as a modem on my laptop. Are these the average prices for broadband in Lagos?

My wireless broadband service at home 4mbps up/down is just $50.
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by k9(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2006
"Wow! Those prices are pretty high!", Welcome to our world. It's obvious you don't live in our world, or do you? Nah! But really where are you? First off, the major dial up services in lagos advertise 115.2 kbps as the speed they offer. but this is a hoax as the KBPS is really measured in BITS not BYTES (8 bits = 1 byte) So in actual sense they are giving us 14 kilobytes at 15K naira or $110/month, So whatcha wanna say now?, Speak up I can't hear you, Didn't think so, lipsrsealed

So a company comes along and offers me 7K Naira for a 128 KBPS (bytes now) why won't I jump on it. Unless of course they are trying to hoodwink us like those theiving PTO ISP's. but I'm not having that. But then again even if they are, isn't that cheaper than 15K naira

Yes this is the average price of broadband in lagos, but then again there aren't that many companies in lag that offer broadband, unless some small communnity type undercover companies. the cheapest price I know for broadband is 6K, and the highest I know is 20K (and I bet my life all of them are shared bandwidth). Whenever you wanna make comparsions, NEVER compare Nigeria to any country in the west. Start from home like Ghana and co. Then you'll be fair.
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by Bossman(m): 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2006
Did not mean to undermine what you were trying to offer. Just was not aware that broadband prices were so high in Nigeria. I obviously do not live there. But, I have a sister who does and is about to sign up for the so called broadband. Now I see why most people just do their internet access via their Mobile's GPRS connection. Unless they really have to use a PC, then they will head to the Cafe. I was just advising someone in one of the programming forum to get a broadband connection in order to be able to download quite a few large files. Not knowing that the broadband speeds are not really broadband.
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:55pm On Sep 12, 2006
Accelon, 21st Centuries, IPNX should be towed to EFCC's Office, my friend who comes to browse at my office swears that i do not have 256KBPS, now i know why, the bastard techno-assed ISP salesman and their bastard managers cheat on bandwidth, @300k per month, why would they do that. NETCOM offers 300kbps @6k per month and u get your 300kbps flat. these bastard ISPs charge you millions for have the service and are good at lowering your bandwidth later so u can upgrade, I swear they will not make it to heaven
angry angry
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by twinkledew(f): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2006
@ Bossman,
come on. you can not compare ur $50 to 7,0000 Naira. strategy and lifestyle is different.
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by twinkledew(f): 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2006
@ largewh,

cheesy
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by alextim: 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2006
Guys, this is proposal of DOPC (Direct on PC) in September
N40k for Alvarion wireless equipment and N7350 per month for 128kbps unlimited Internet access
I dont believe in 128k quality unlimited wireless internet for N7k (not in Nigeria, not now, ) sad
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by pranil(m): 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2006
Startec in Abuja has the best offer going - 10,000 Installation and 7500 pm for 64/96 or 12500 96/128 Three months in adavnce. How do they do it Wi- Max. and the equipment is thereirs so no buying of equipment. If u do not continue for 2 or months they will come and take the equipment.
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by Afam(m): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2006
N40K is good for the equipment and the price for 128kbs is fantastic only if you can get this in reality as there is a disconnect between what people offer and what they deliver.

Asking the company to give a guaranteed minimum bandwidth will do the magic, if the person isn't sure he/she will start to stammer while answering that simple question.
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by Bubus(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2006
Beware of 419
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by pranil(m): 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2006
I will pay only when I check the badwidth. Anyway nobody Gurantees the continuity of badwidth. It is definately not a sacm as Startec is one of the three ISP's who bidded and one ISp licnse for Abuja

Other being suburban who has already started wifi hotspots in some parts of Abuja. But any service is as good as the backbone which is any way horrible in Nigeria
Re: Do You Want Broadband Internet @ 40K (lagos Only) by jammin(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2006
friends, where i'm from 115.2Kpbs is FREE!!!! my connection is currently 2048Kbps or 256 KB/sec. a new company is now offering 4096Kbps or 512KB for the SAME PRICE!!! you're really getting ripped off.

(1) (Reply)

Printer Technician Wanted At Sango Ota / Pls I Need A Laptop / Windows Vista Business Product Key Needed Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.