Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

OMG: Father Gets Letter From The Government Man Telling Him He's Dead (photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OMG: Father Gets Letter From The Government Man Telling Him He's Dead (photo) (1011 Views)

Pericoma Okoye Is Dead (Photo) / Yvonne Nelson's Father Is Dead (Photo) / Actor Festus Aguebor Is Dead (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OMG: Father Gets Letter From The Government Man Telling Him He's Dead (photo) by love2nicee: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
A father-of-two has been sent a letter from the Government telling him he is dead.

Peter Moore was shocked after receiving the document from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) last week.
The letter was addressed to the 'representative' of Peter William John Moore and apologised for the family's 'recent bereavement'.
It added that officials needed to sort out whether Mr Moore had paid enough - or too much - tax.
The 47-year-old pottery factory worker, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, yesterday demanded an apology from the Government.

He said: 'I don't know how that kind of mistake could have been made.
'I used to work away in the week so if that would have happened my wife could have really started to worry.

‘She opened the letter when I was out of the house. Fortunately I came back home about five minutes after she read it so she knew it was a mistake but that might not have always been the case.
'I rang the tax people and the lady on the other end said she couldn't believe it. I was just really shocked, it's just all a bit strange.'
Mr Moore's wife Debbie, an accounts assistant, said she was left ‘gobsmacked’ until her husband walked through the door.

The 43-year-old added: 'It's really not nice getting a letter from HMRC - especially when what they're saying hasn't really happened. I was gobsmacked.

'When I read it I thought it was a scam or some sort of joke. I showed it to Pete when he came in and he got straight on the phone to the tax office.'
The letter from the Government department read: 'I am sorry to hear about your recent bereavement and recognise that this is a difficult time for you.

The letter was addressed to the 'representative' of Peter William John Moore, pictured outside his home last week, and apologised for the family's 'recent bereavement'. It added that officials needed to sort out whether Mr Moore had paid enough - or too much - tax
'I AM SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR RECENT BEREAVEMENT': PETER MOORE'S LETTER FROM THE TAXMAN
Dear Sir/Madam,
Estate of MR PETER MOORE
I am sorry to hear of your recent bereavement and recognise that this is a difficult time for you. When someone dies, I need to work out if they paid the right amount of tax before their death. In many cases, HMRC repays tax to the estate.
I need to know details of the person responsible for finalising their affairs. This person can be known as the executor, administrator or the personal representative.
[...]
The personal representative may want to nominate somebody like a solicitor or an accountant to act on their behalf. If so, they can use the other side of this letter to do this.
[...]
Yours faithfully,
Derek Hughes
Deputy Director, Personal Tax

'When someone dies, I need to work out if they paid the right amount of tax before their death. In many cases, HMRC repays tax to the estate.
'I need to know details of the person responsible for finalising their affairs.'
A spokesman for HMRC said: 'We don't talk about individual cases but when we make mistakes we aim to put them right fast and apologise.'

http://sabi9ja..com/2015/04/omg-father-gets-letter-from-government.html

Re: OMG: Father Gets Letter From The Government Man Telling Him He's Dead (photo) by temitemi1(m): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
Dead man walking grin grin grin
Re: OMG: Father Gets Letter From The Government Man Telling Him He's Dead (photo) by Mrcapability7: 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
sentence dead ALIVE... Meanwhile rest in pearl
Re: OMG: Father Gets Letter From The Government Man Telling Him He's Dead (photo) by angelTI(f): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
cheesy The government wanted to kill the man before his time

(1) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj, Meek Mills Arrive Vegas For The Mayweather & Pacquiao Fight / Kenya Lawyer Offer Barack Obama Goats, Sheeps And Cow To Marry His Daughter / Toke Makinwa Breaks Youtube Record In 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.