Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back (10692 Views)

04ka Has Ps2 Roms On Ps2 Emulator For Exchange.holla At Me Guyz / Do You Want Xbox? I Reside Here In Ota,ogun State.holla Me Now Before : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by avia: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2009
Guys nairalanders ps3 fanatics I need help
Am usin mtn usb connection
How do I get my ps3 online ,
Do I need any particular router,

Any of u guys usin evdo connection pls help me out
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 17, 2009
@ Avia,
Have no answer to this.
I think that the connection speed of mtn will be too slow to play online.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ogagusps3: 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2009
Actually my friend plays online with the mtn pc card. Its broad band and he does not exprience too much lag. He has a hard time voice chating with his bluetooth headset. If you want to use your connection to play online you need a 3G wireless router from mtn which costs 45k. This is a very expensive way share your connection but my friend has no such router, he simple bought an ethernet cable connected it from his ethernet port on his laptop to the ethernet port on his ps3 and switched off the firewall of his local area connection and on his ps3 went to network settings under the settings bar and selected wired connection and gave it an ip address, subnet net mask,default router and dns server. Completed and saved his settings, refeshed his internet connetion on his pc and he could stream media and play online. An ethernet cable costs #250.I am not sure it will work for usb modems.P.S Internet connection sharing should be enabled.The tab for windows xp is automatic but for windows vista wlan should be on.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ogagusps3: 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
Never try this with starcomms b/c they will cause ur pc to freeze. Buying the router is the less stressful way but it is expensive. Any connection that gives you 25KB and above when downloading is broadband. I know only 4 internet sevice providers in ph that give that kind of speeds and they are ipnx, mtn, starcomms and direct on pc. Instead of buying the 3g router get direct on pc with their desktop modem which costs #26200. When you get it connect it to your ps3 via its ethernet cable and start playing online. Its 21k for their 3 month subscription.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2009
ogagusps3:

Never try this with starcomms b/c they will cause ur pc to freeze.                                                                        Buying the router is the less stressful way but it is expensive.                                                                                 Any connection that gives you 25KB and above when downloading is broadband. I know only 4 internet sevice providers in ph that give that kind of speeds and they are ipnx, mtn, starcomms and direct on pc. Instead of buying the 3g router get direct on pc with their desktop modem which costs #26200. When you get it connect it to your ps3 via its ethernet cable and start playing online. Its 21k for their 3 month subscription.

So basically, one can play FIFA 09 online in Nigeria??

P.S. Who has played FIFA09's ULTIMATE TEAM??

1 Like

Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by vowiski(m): 8:08am On Apr 18, 2009
of course me
you know, why ask?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by avia: 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2009
Well 45k too xpensive for thee router
Would u know if it is one of those new ones havin usb tat u just pput in the usb evdo connection n share the network
Tat kinda router wud b the best I think
As for ethernet cable guess if I don get a router will have tpo look into tat
But for this doesn ur comp have to b on n connected all the time while on ps3
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 5:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
avia:

Well 45k too xpensive for thee router
Would u know if it is one of those new ones havin usb tat u just pput in the usb evdo connection n share the network
Tat kinda router wud b the best I think
As for ethernet cable guess if I don get a router will have tpo look into tat
But for this doesn ur comp have to b on n connected all the time while on ps3

What is the speed of the fastest broadband service one can get in Nigeria??
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ogagusps3: 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2009
The following isps are known by me to be broadband. Mtn,Netcom,swift,direct on pc,ipnx and multilinx evdo. I recomend them for online gaming. Mtn,netcom and ipnx have data limits of 3gig, 1gig and 1gig respectively.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by kosovo(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2009
i tought visafone acquired netcom? grin
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 11:33pm On Apr 20, 2009
ogagusps3:

The following isps are known by me to be broadband. Mtn,Netcom,swift,direct on pc,ipnx and multilinx evdo. I recomend them for online gaming. Mtn,netcom and ipnx have data limits of [b]3gig, 1gig and 1gig [/b]respectively.

The figures quoted are SPACE/SIZE. . . . . .
I am talking about SPEED (bit/sec) undecided
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 11:56pm On Apr 20, 2009
I think Nigeria will be hitting 3mb/sec for the 3g networks. This is a guess though. On my mobile broadband in my car, I can hit up to 7mb/sec and that is very slow in my opinion.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2009
Mai pipul,

Rejoice with me grin My PS3 160GB Uncharted Drake's Fortune has finally landed from Obodo Yankee! Its a fantastic machine and I thank all of you who generously shared your knowledge and experience with me. With much trepidation but following the advice I got here that PS3 is multi-voltage, I plugged it into my stabilizer and UPS and so far, no problem. Not even over-heating or any stuff like that.

Connecting wirelessly via my router to the web was a piece of cake. The PS3 connected effortlessly! Unfortunately, my home internet connection from SWIFT networks is very lousy so I get very slow browsing on PSN and Home. In fact, I have not been able to download demos since I got it almost one month now. Even to register on PSN dey too hard so I gave up for now. Maybe I'll switch to IPNX or something.

I also bought games like FIFA 09. Mindblowing picture! I will like to buy PES 09 now. My machine came from US and I hope US region games are available in naija. Small pikins dey house so I no go buy all those alien shooter and resident evil games. Dem too small for those ones. I bought Lego Star Wars for those ones; will also like to get dem Little Big Planet. Any recommendations for other games for kiddies? They already get Wii so these new games must beat the fun they're having with Wii

I got some blu ray movies. Now I'm hooked. After watching blu ray, can never appreciate DVD again. The only thing is the BD live. When I slot a blu ray into the machine, it attempts to connect to the web but because of the slow connection, it takes almost a minute or so before the film finishes loading. But if I switch off the router, the film loads and plays within 10 seconds. It does not do this with DVDs - whether the originals I bought from the US or the local Chinese pirated ones.

I connected to my LG HDTV via HDMI. The picture quality is out of this world - absolutely mind blowing but the sound is too poor. I bought the Planet Earth blu ray box set. The visuals are stunning but I could barely hear the narration. I did some research on the web and found out that most HDTV have very poor sound due to tiny 10w speakers. I'm now trying to buy a sound bar or other external speakers which I will connect to the PS3 via optical digital output.
I also bought the Bourne Trilogy blu ray box set. Mai pipul - if you watch that shyte on blu ray, you will be convinced that DVD is on the way to the mortuary. The picture quality is stunning. Its so radically different from anything I've ever seen on DVD. Now I'm looking to buy a blu ray player for my bedroomsmiley

The PS3 is certainly worth the investment [$500 for 160GB version] and I recommend to all who have the means to get it.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2009
online gaming in nigeria won't be fun as internet speed is below par and the ISP cannot be trusted.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2009
@blacklion

Welcome to the PSN.
There aren't many games on the PS3 that beat the fun [i]kids [/i]will have on the Wii. Yes, the Wii has more kiddie games.
Take a look at the Music, Sports and Racing games out there. There are some good ones they (and you) will enjoy.

You can turn off BD live from one of the settings menus.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2009
khai_khai:

@blacklion

Welcome to the PSN.
There aren't many games on the PS3 that beat the fun [i]kids [/i]will have on the Wii. Yes, the Wii has more kiddie games.
Take a look at the Music, Sports and Racing games out there. There are some good ones they (and you) will enjoy.

You can turn off BD live from one of the settings menus.

Bros, abeg no vex cheesy U know say your guy be JJC for PS3 so pls explanate where exactly in the settings menu ah fit turn off the BD live. Make ah jus fix the thing one timegrin

Also what can I do about the sound settings? The audio is very poor when playing blu ray or DVD movies but quite okay for games.

You're dead right that there seem to be a lot more kiddie games in Wii than in PS3. How man pikin go do after investing all this kudi in PS3?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by tboy1(m): 10:49am On Apr 22, 2009
blacklion:

I connected to my LG HDTV via HDMI. The picture quality is out of this world - absolutely mind blowing but the sound is too poor. I bought the Planet Earth blu ray box set. The visuals are stunning but I could barely hear the narration. I did some research on the web and found out that most HDTV have very poor sound due to tiny 10w speakers. I'm now trying to buy a sound bar or other external speakers which I will connect to the PS3 via optical digital output.
Go to audio settings in the ps3 menu and set it to HDMI output
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2009
tboy1:

Go to audio settings in the ps3 menu and set it to HDMI output

Its already set to HDMI in the PS3 audio settings. I'm not sure whether the problem is from the PS3 or a cable connection problem because the picture is perfect. I also suspect the TV speakers are not too good b/c even for DSTV, I have to set the both TV volume and the DSTV remote volume to almost the loudest to get any decent sound. This sound problem on PS3 is only with playing BD and DVD. When playing games e.g. FIFA 09, there is no problem with sound; I even have to reduce the TV volume.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 11:59am On Apr 22, 2009
10w speakers is still enough for your neighbour to come knocking on your door, asking you to turn it down!

Your tv speakers may be faulty.

Dont waste your money yet. Test your ps3 on another tv. It is also worth bearing in mind that a cheap HD cable will mess things up for you. Check your HD cable for loose connection or try another one.

If your problem persist, then it may be worth check the speakers on your tv.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2009
ElRazur:

Dont waste your money yet. Test your ps3 on another tv. It is also worth bearing in mind that a cheap HD cable will mess things up for you. Check your HD cable for loose connection or try another one.

Stop misinforming the public. . . . . .
There's nothing like a cheap HD cable.
HD cables are not analog equipments, they are digital and they are pulse-based.

It's either 0 or 1. There's no in-between. It either it works or it doesn't.
All the HD cables sold at more than £100 because they have 38K gold is a scam.
As long as one's TV is full HD(1080p), it will produce the same quality with any HDMI cable(£5 or £1000)
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

As long as one's TV is full HD(1080p), it will produce the same quality with any HDMI cable(£5 or £1000)

You keep following me round forums. Sounds like am being stalked. Nice. grin

Dude there are cheap HD cable that are not well made. Also as with most things cheap, corners may be cut resulting in audio loss and all that. I have had a similar experience. If you very much doubt me, please look these things up.

This dude is in Nigeria and most likely his stuff will be imported from China. And we all know how unregulated those things are.

PS
I am not keen on bickering with you here again. smiley
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by tboy1(m): 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yes there is!!!
First HDMI cable i used with my PS3 was rubbish (Cable came with a DVD player i bought) and sound quality was not as i expected. Went to PC world and got a better(i'd say more expensive) HDMI cable and the sound quality was way better.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2009
tboy1:

Yes there is!!!
First HDMI cable i used with my PS3 was rubbish (Cable came with a DVD player i bought) and sound quality was not as i expected. Went to PC world and got a better(i'd say more expensive) HDMI cable and the sound quality was way better.

grin

I bought one from lidl and while it worked, it just looked odd. So after enduring it for weeks, I went and bought a Gold-plated £19.95 from Pc world too and the difference is just there for me to see.

Cables are important. Even the audiophiles will tell you that. Phone up Richer sounds and see how they will recommend buying "a good and well made cable" for your tv et al.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2009
tboy1:

Yes there is!!!

Obviously, it's either something is wrong with your HD TV or some certain settings on your TV are wrong.

I have a cable i got from Asda(£9.76) and the old one i used to have from Comet(£80).
There's no difference in quality with the 2. I had this argument with ma friends who came over thinking the more expensive the cable is, the better in quality. Their jaws dropped. Digital signals are either 1 or 0. Stop listening to all those shop vendors who try to sell their expensive accessories.
With a 1080p HDTV, there's no difference in the quality(at least to the naked eye).
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2009
^^ You got pro evo and a ps3? If you do, you fancy a game?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by tboy1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Obviously, it's either something is wrong with your HD TV or some certain settings on your TV are wrong.

I have a cable i got from Asda(£9.76) and the old one i used to have from Comet(£80).
There's no difference in quality with the 2. I had this argument with ma friends who came over thinking the more expensive the cable is, the better in quality. Their jaws dropped. Digital signals are either 1 or 0. Stop listening to all those shop vendors who try to sell their expensive accessories.
With a 1080p HDTV, there's no difference in the quality(at least to the naked eye).

It was the cable and i proved it when i got home with the new cable
I've got the same TV in both the living and my bedroom with ps3 in each room
I connected the old cable in the living room and used the new one from PC world in the bedroom
I tried watching the same movie with the same vloume settings <10> and i was 101% sure the sound was crisp and louder in the bedroom.
My friend who was at mine also confirmed it cus i needed to be sure.
Went back to PC World the next day and got another cable.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2009
Guys, my cables were purchased in the US and they are Mediabridge Ultra High Speed HDMI 120hz version 1.3b Category 2 1080p for Blu Ray and PS3. That's what it says on the packaging. My guy who helped buy them is a techie and a gamer himself. Those are the cables he uses himself and he recommended them. I can't understand why I'm having these sound issues. They were $10 each; I bought two.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2009
tboy1:

It was the cable and i proved it when i got home with the new cable
I've got the same TV in both the living and my bedroom with ps3 in each room
I connected the old cable in the living room and used the new one from PC world in the bedroom
I tried watching the same movie with the same vloume settings <10> and i was 101% sure the sound was crisp and louder in the bedroom.
My friend who was at mine also confirmed it cus i needed to be sure.
Went back to PC World the next day and got another cable.

Do me a favour. . . . . .Go to Asda and buy one of their £10 HDMI Cable and try it.
Of course, the really cheap HDMI cable may have been made without shielding and therefore you would get interference. I'm not talking about the knockoff stuff. I'm talking about the difference between an OK gear 6 foot HDMI cable for £9.99 from Asda and the 24k gold-plated HDMI cable from Comet for £99.95. There is no discernible difference people!

Like i have said, in the digital world it is all or nothing.
There are no differences in brightness, clarity, tint, color, etc.
If your HDMI cable is not working properly your picture will get all pixelated, freeze up, etc. but you will not see a difference in flesh-tones.
The only snag here is the longer the length of the cheap HDMI cable, the more likely signals might get distorted due to signal loss.
But anything less than 6 ft?? There's no discernible difference.

ElRazur:

^^ You got pro evo and a ps3? If you do, you fancy a game?

I don't play pro evo!!!
If u have FIFA09, lemme whup your ass. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2009
blacklion:

Guys, my cables were purchased in the US and they are Mediabridge Ultra High Speed HDMI 120hz version 1.3b Category 2 1080p for Blu Ray and PS3. That's what it says on the packaging. My guy who helped buy them is a techie and a gamer himself. Those are the cables he uses himself and he recommended them. I can't understand why I'm having these sound issues. They were $10 each; I bought two.

Interference!!!! Check the devices that are close to your PS3 machine.
Is your TV full HD?? Did you set it to HDMI channel instead of Extension 1 or 2(designed for SCART cables)??
How long are the HDMI cables??
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Interference!!!! Check the devices that are close to your PS3 machine.
Is your TV full HD?? Did you set it to HDMI channel instead of Extension 1 or 2(designed for SCART cables)??
How long are the HDMI cables??

Yes, the TV is full HD - LG 42" with 1080p and the PS3 is set to the HDMI channel. The cables are 6ft. The other items nearby are home theatre, DVD player, Wii, DSTV sat box, stabilizer and UPS. There's a 2hp A/C about 8 ft away from the stand on which these items are kept.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2009
who's up for an online game this weekend?
late evening preferrably.
signify by raising ur hand.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2009
blacklion:

Yes, the TV is full HD - LG 42" with 1080p and the PS3 is set to the HDMI channel. The cables are 6ft. The other items nearby are home theatre, DVD player, Wii, DSTV sat box, stabilizer and UPS. There's a 2hp A/C about 8 ft away from the stand on which these items are kept.

One of these boxes may be responsible for the interference.
Use the trial n error method. Switch off other devices while your PS3 console and TV are on.
Check if you still get the same poor audio quality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Football Manager 2022 PC Official Thread / Open Box Hacked Ps4 Console 6.72 / Football Manager Mobile 2018( Real Names And Club Logos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.