Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back (10879 Views)

04ka Has Ps2 Roms On Ps2 Emulator For Exchange.holla At Me Guyz / Do You Want Xbox? I Reside Here In Ota,ogun State.holla Me Now Before : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 02, 2009
Why was the previous Ps3 thread locked?

I recently bought the PS3 80BG.
Its more than a game console, its a technological invention.

Try playing ur Blue ray discs on the PS3, plugged to ur LCD. Pure heaven.
Playing FIFA 09 is now addictive. Now the PS3 makes the PS2 look like garbage.

All PS3 lovers, holla back. wink
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2009
Two guys turned that thread into a pissing contest. Cursing each other out.

I have a PS2. Since I got the PS3, I've only turned the PS2 on once. It's like the PS3 has made me intolerant to non-HD graphics.
I'll have to play the PS2 when I have time though. Because I still have God of war 2 not played.
Anyway, I play PES09, MotorStorm 2, GT5P, LBP a some others.
Very little time these days. School is in the drivers seat.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
Oh, a case of two fighting? cheesy

I luv describing the PS3 as pure heaven.
But why didn't they make the PS3 capable of playing PS2 discs? That would have been really cool.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
BlueDiva:

Why was the previous Ps3 thread locked?

I recently bought the PS3 80BG.
Its more than a game console, its a technological invention.

Try playing ur Blue ray discs on the PS3, plugged to ur LCD. Pure heaven.
Playing FIFA 09 is now addictive. Now the PS3 makes the PS2 look like garbage.

All PS3 lovers, holla back. wink

Bluediva. . . . . .register online and lemme kick your ass on FIFA09.
When u are online. . . . . .add Hannibaal as a friend so i can be kicking ur ass every evening. grin cheesy
PS3 is pure heaven. . . . .Any man without it has no balls.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2009
Bluediva. . . . . .register online and lemme kick your ass on FIFA09.
When u are online. . . . . .add Hannibaal as a friend so i can be kicking ur ass every evening.
PS3 is pure heaven. . . . .Any man without it has no balls.

I heared a certain Mr Sauron was the reason the previous thread was locked. Yet you accuse me of being a nuisance? grin

No doubt you'd beat me at the game, but then, my son would take u to the cleaners. Seriously he's so good. tongue

Seriously, since i came back to Naija, can't play online games, dial up connection is so slow. Really frustrating.
It takes so much time to even log on to NL. If i go to the US/UK anytime soon, i'll buzz u on the Devils thread.
I still got skillz, i'm sure u'll beat me though.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2009
BlueDiva:

Oh, a case of two fighting? cheesy

I luv describing the PS3 as pure heaven.
But why didn't they make the PS3 capable of playing PS2 discs? That would have been really cool.

Some earlier discontinued versions play PS2 games.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2009
BlueDiva:

I heared a certain Mr Sauron was the reason the previous thread was locked. Yet you accuse me of being a nuisance?  grin

Read the previous thread from the beginning and tell me if i am guilty.
I was only correcting Blacklion and 2 bats came at me at the speed of light. . . .I had to straighten em up.

No doubt you'd beat me at the game, but then, my son would take u to the cleaners. Seriously he's so good. tongue

Check the EA sports leaderboard. . . . . .I am number 23rd in the world ranking and that is because i havent played in a week.

Seriously, since i came back to Naija, can't play online games, dial up connection is so slow. Really frustrating.
It takes so much time to even log on to NL. If i go to the US/UK anytime soon, i'll buzz u on the Devils thread.
I still got skillz, i'm sure u'll beat me though.

Get broadband connection/wireless. . . .
Ma fingers are itchy. . . . .I havent pounded a known opponent in about 3 months. grin cheesy
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
Damn, u must be really good.
Seriously considering broadband.
U are as guilty as sin. Spewing out venom? What happened to the chivalry? grin
U're supposed to be a gentle man. tongue

@Khai-Khai
Why was it discontinued na? I still have my PS2 intact though.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2009
BlueDiva:

Damn, u must be really good.
Seriously considering broadband.

U cannot enjoy the PS3 without playing online.
That is where u get to meet the best of the best gamers all over the world.
And sometimes. . . . .what u play ONLINE is different from the normal game.
Games like CALL OF DUTY 4 is sick online. . . .U will get hooked all night.

U are as guilty as sin. Spewing out venom? What happened to the chivalry? grin
U're supposed to be a gentle man. tongue

Read from page one. . . . .Ma posts were directed to Blacklion and these roaches came crawling saying i am spewing hokum.
It's one thing to be sure of what you are saying. . . .It's anutha thing to be wrong and dissing the guy that is right.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by kosovo(m): 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
@~Sauron~
Read the previous thread from the beginning and tell me if i am guilty.
I was only correction Blacklion and 2 bats came at me at the speed of light. . . .I had to straighten em up.

For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated;
they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the
injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear for his vengeance.

gay.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 03, 2009
Gentlemen please, this is a new topic. Put the beef aside.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2009
who has played MK vs DC united on PS3?
that game gives me orgasm each time i go online.

Im done with football games. i just cant get my head around it. always getting brushed.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
who has played MK vs DC united on PS3?
that game gives me orgasm each time i go online.
Im done with football games. i just cant get my head around it. always getting brushed.

I don't play anything other than the fifa football series. From 05 to 09.
Have other games for the kids though, MDK, Metal Gear Solid, F1, Quantum of Solace etc
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by texazzpete(m): 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2009
BlueDiva:

I don't play anything other than the fifa football series. From 05 to 09.
Have other games for the kids though, MDK, Metal Gear Solid, F1, Quantum of Solace etc

I thought Metal Gear Solid was an M-rated game? Unless your kids are >18 years old they shouldn't be playing that

The PS3 is pretty nice, not sure i'll go into superlatives like ' pure Heaven' etc, but it's convenient to have a game console easily serve as a multimedia device.
What i like best about it is it's region free gaming. My Xbox 360 is NTSC and since i travel mainly in Europe it's hard to get new games. The PS3 will play anything you throw at it, though.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2009
texazzpete:

I thought Metal Gear Solid was an M-rated game? Unless your kids are >18 years old they shouldn't be playing that

The PS3 is pretty nice, not sure i'll go into superlatives like ' pure Heaven' etc, but it's convenient to have a game console easily serve as a multimedia device.
What i like best about it is it's region free gaming. My Xbox 360 is NTSC and since i travel mainly in Europe it's hard to get new games. The PS3 will play anything you throw at it, though.

True, but u'd be suprised how often people flout the PG rule cheesy
Not justifying it though.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2009
BlueDiva:

True, but u'd be suprised how often people flout the PG rule cheesy
Not justifying it though.

PG rule?? grin grin grin
I remember the problems MANHUNT caused in the UK in 2004.
A kid stabbed his mate and when he was asked why he did it, the poor kid said it was because i played MANHUNT on PS2.
Trust the media, they got the game out of the shelves within minutes thus stirring the curiousity of other PS2 fans.
People who already owned the game went on Ebay selling it at 10 times the price. . . .Buyers were disappointed after paying thru their nose.

PG rule sucks. These kids play em games either way(when their parents are out).
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by texazzpete(m): 7:55am On Feb 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

lol. Just like they already know where to download pr0n when their parents aren't around grin
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ps3fanboy: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2009
All ps3 lovers. You can get the following games on the cheap

GTA IV
Battlefield badcompany
Bourne identity
Condemned 2
PES 2008
Call of Duty 4

All games almost new. only played once by your truly

All games are N5,000 each. By 3 games at a go and you get all 3 for N14,000

This offer to sweet as brand new games are like 10k.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

[b]PG rule?? grin grin grin[/b]I remember the problems MANHUNT caused in the UK in 2004.

And why is Mr Stats laughing?
Never heared of PG, or u prefer Rating?

ps3fanboy:

All ps3 lovers. You can get the following games on the cheap

GTA IV
Battlefield badcompany
Bourne identity
Condemned 2
PES 2008
Call of Duty 4

All games almost new. only played once by your truly

All games are N5,000 each. By 3 games at a go and you get all 3 for N14,000

This offer to sweet as brand new games are like 10k.

Can get those games cheaper at amazon.
Your price is reasonable though.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Tmoni(m): 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
the best ever game on PS3 is Call Of Duty (4 & 5),

those who have played 4 who understand when i say Iniyayo Magazine or Stun Grenata

would be nice to play with Nlanders, my name on PS4 & 5 is Tmoni, am outta town but shld get to ma console by saturday, Anybody whos on it should add me, lets get some Zombies,
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2009
texazzpete:

lol. Just like they already know where to download pr0n when their parents aren't around grin

Exactly ma sentiments.

BlueDiva:

And why is Mr Stats laughing?
Never heared of PG, or u prefer Rating?

U don't catch the drift. . . . .All i am saying is those PG rules are irrelevant.
Em kids still play adult games.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ Sauron,
Well i'm always on the defensive when dealing with u grin
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by kosovo(m): 5:20am On Feb 06, 2009
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 1:38pm On Feb 06, 2009
Guys, I'm delighted to see this thread. Was really put off when the other thread was locked. Abeg, no fighting pls make dem no lock this one too. One love pls grin

@ bluediva, please which other kids' games on PS3 can you recommend for a 10yr old boy and a 6 yr old girl?

@ All,

Can someone pls help clarify some issues with PES09? Is there commentary throughout the game on the PS3 version or is it only when a goal is scored?

Also on the PSP version, is there commentary throughout or only when a goal is scored?

Thanks for all your efforts!
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2009
My pipul, pls can some one educate me -

Is Playstation Network available in Nigeria? I've been told its only available in Europe and America and that if you try to log in from naija, your IP address will be logged and rejected like ebay. Has any one had this experience?

If its not available in naija, then how does one download firmware updates etc? Can they be downloaded from the web?

What about Playstation Store? Will they accept Zenith Bank credit card to buy games or music?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 2:25pm On Feb 06, 2009
blacklion:

@ All,

Can someone pls help clarify some issues with PES09? Is there commentary throughout the game on the PS3 version or is it only when a goal is scored?

Also on the PSP version, is there commentary throughout or only when a goal is scored?

Thanks for all your efforts!

There's a commentary throughout the PES 2009 game(although very inferior to FIFA09).
I will advise you get FIFA games cos people with super-fast broadband in the UK still complain about lagging problems on Konami games.
In Nigeria, it would take an act of God for online gaming to PLAY well on KONAMI. FIFA's EA servers appear to be more effective.
Playing FIFA 09 on PS3 is like watching a LIVE GAME on SKYSPORTS with good commentaries from Andy Gray/Martin Tyler.

blacklion:

My pipul, pls can some one educate me -
Is Playstation Network available in Nigeria? I've been told its only available in Europe and America and that if you try to log in from naija, your IP address will be logged and rejected like ebay. Has any one had this experience?

I am sure there will be at least one EA server providing services for South Africans
Surely, online gaming is FREE.

If its not available in naija, then how does one download firmware updates etc? Can they be downloaded from the web?
What about Playstation Store? Will they accept Zenith Bank credit card to buy games or music?

System updates are free and u get notifications to download on your PS3.
Recent football news, injuries and Premiership results are displayed too but u need a fast broadband service for convenience.
I have not played online from Nigeria before but ma educated guess would be with a Visa/Mastercard, u should be able to buy whatever u want.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 2:39pm On Feb 06, 2009
Hi Sauron,

Just to be clear, are you saying you can get system updates without being registered on PSN and with no PSN master account?

If I buy FIFA09 for PS3, can I play it online without a PSN account? In general, can one play PS3 games online without having a PSN account?

I really wonder if the EA server for South Africans will cover Nigeria as well. I'd love to hear from any one based in naija who been able to register a PSN account from naija.

Some US and European websites will accept Visa/Mastercard credit/debit cards issued by Nigerian banks but some won't. Also, some sites won't even allow you to log in from naija e.g. hulu.com
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2009
blacklion:

Hi Sauron,
Just to be clear, are you saying you can get system updates without being registered on PSN and with no PSN master account?
If I buy FIFA09 for PS3, can I play it online without a PSN account? In general, can one play PS3 games online without having a PSN account?

PSN registration is free. . . . .Connect ur PS3 online(wireless/ethernet) and register.
U cannot play online without registering but u can play the game without a PSN registration.

I really wonder if the EA server for South Africans will cover Nigeria as well. I'd love to hear from any one based in naija who been able to register a PSN account from naija.

The EA servers in South Africa should cover for other African countries(i am not sure though)

Some US and European websites will accept Visa/Mastercard credit/debit cards issued by Nigerian banks but some won't. Also, some sites won't even allow you to log in from naija e.g. hulu.com

U will be able to register online cos it's free. There is no need for EA to restrict Naija IP addresses.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2009
I'm a little confused. I'm actually talking about the Playstation Network servers. I imagine these are controlled by Sony Computer Entertainment since EA is just a game maker, right? Does EA have its own servers for its games?

Anyway, my question right now is - if PSN is available in South Africa, can PS3 owners in Nigeria can register on PSN using SCE's servers in South Africa?

I don't really understand how this PSN works. If its online, then I suppose any one anywhere in the world can register as long you own a PS3, right? Like I said earlier, I've been told PSN is only available in Europe and America. And possibly South Africa.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2009
blacklion:

I'm a little confused. Who owns the servers for South Africa? Playstation or EA? I thought EA was a game maker?

The EA servers in South Africa are owned by EA sports.
To play me online with FIFA 09, you need the EA servers in South Africa to make that happen.
This is why i am not sure if Konami(PES developers) have a server in Africa but i know EA SPORTS have a base in South Africa.
Ever since the online gaming are incorporated into games, all the game makers have introduced the use of servers to connect PS3 gamers all over the world.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2009
@ bluediva, please which other kids' games on PS3 can you recommend for a 10yr old boy and a 6 yr old girl?

Little Big Planets 7yrs and above
Fifa 09 3yrs and above
Lego Star Wars 3yrs and above
The Simpsons
Need for speed 12yrs above
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2009
@ bluediva and sauron,

thanks for the tips and knowledge sharing grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Disadvantages Of Buying A Hacked Or Hackable Ps4 / Football Manager 2009 "fm 09" / Top 10 Android Sport Games To Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.