Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess (64306 Views)

John Fashanu Dressed As Donald Trump At US Election Party In Abuja / John Fashanu And Rachel Bakam Loved Up At A Cocktail Ball In Lagos / John Fashanu: I Paid My Gay Brother Justin £75,000 To Prevent Him Coming Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2015
I think the issue is that they are constantly meet new people in parties and events - so it is easy to stray. It is just like dating a girl that always goes to Night clubs, it is easy for her to cheat.

LyfeJennings:
God forgive me.
But NO MAN MARRIES A SOCIALITE AND MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF THE WEDDING. They might have kids but never will that marriage last a lifetime. When I check my IG page and see all these very gorgeous society ladies getting married in a glamorous way, I just smile cos I know their divorce is as sure as the wind that blows before a rainfall..
Well, that is their own cup of coffee, they sure can deal with it

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by buchai: 11:46am On Apr 26, 2015
John Fashanu i believed ur lying to us and i can not forget the day you kissed a small girl on stage that dance very well dat incident comes with your name in my moment anytime i here your name mentioned. With that i conclude your lying to us.
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by emmabest2000(m): 11:49am On Apr 26, 2015
LyfeJennings:

Yobo no fit lailai escape am. Their divorce sure die. Its just a matter of time. It could even take decades but it is very sure
Bad belle , your wishes will come back to u Mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by onila(f): 11:52am On Apr 26, 2015
she shldnt have married that fashonu guy

hes nuts
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Toks2008(m): 11:56am On Apr 26, 2015
LyfeJennings:

IF ONLY U KNOW WHAT MATHEW ENDURES.
If U ever have a 10 minutes chat with Omotola's husband about his marriage to her. I swear U go open mouth for 10years. Oh, U think Omotola is a saint? U think she's never cheated? Or say she doesnt ride her husband when the fame and money take over her. Women are made for the good times alone. They dont last forever, the good moments all have an expiration date.

Irrespective of my experience i am tempted to agree but please not all women at least most women from countries outside naija will love you unconditionally.
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by 50calibre(m): 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
How many wives did this dude marry. He has a pretty mixed race daughter from a Spanish woman.

How the hell did he marry a lesbian naija chic? he also had a fa*ggot brother who committed suicide.. what a weird family.

4 Likes

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Fourwinds: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
D two both of dem are nonsense raise to power rubbish......grammar

2 Likes

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by DeRay98(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/john-fashanu-says-wife-tried-5584439

Goldfish like Fashanu and as gentle as he is will be attracted to gold diggers any day. Lots of these gold diggers use their drop-dead pretty looks to fish-hook their target and spend their money like water.
Sorry oh, Fash you better be careful from hired assassins who might come as robbers...

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
Is Adaeze's mum not the one they call pastor?... Hehehe. She is a Pastor in Parenthesis.
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Hopeyemi53(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
Celebrity Marriage always end that way, lot of critics and frame. I fear for their Children
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Being close to John Fashanu, you can tell that he is egomaniac, always doing his best to put himself in the limelight even when he doesnt have to. Adaeze's mother Abigail had always thought she could be a celebrity and pushed the daughter to become one after losing hope she could be one. When Yobo tied the knot and she became a side-attraction, she met the sex-maniac, egomaniac Fashanu, and 2 individuals whose sense of false status engineered a mutually magnetic sense of celebrity attainment in a myopic mirage kicked-started a relationship which was naturally improper but socially possible. May be John Fashanu was banking on an expectation that Yobo's influence might launch him into the light and land him a coaching job, it didnt happen. Abigail is true to nature a type that could do with a few plastic surgery at anyone's expense to look younger than the daughter, anyway. So, shit has happened and we should be spared these nauseating tales of a failed romance. Fashanu must have slept with that maid, forget that story of having models as romance partners. Schwarzenegger slept with his maid too.

5 Likes

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
Toks2008:

Are you for real?

Aww hell yea
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by cap28: 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
Fashanu's ex breaks silence over their split:

[b]He was a great lover.. but John broke my heart when he cheated; Fashanu ex breaks her silence over his affair.

THE beautiful ex-girlfriend of John Fashanu told last night how he broke her heart after cheating on her with one of her closest friends.

Spanish model Marisol Acuna Duenas split with the star of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! after nine years living together when she found out about his affair.

At the time Marisol had a three-year-old daughter - now a teenager

"We had met when I was an 18-year-old language student and John was an apprentice footballer who had just turned 17," she said.

"I quickly realised I felt something for John that I had never felt before and we developed a bond that lasted for nearly a decade and I thought was unbreakable.

"I trusted this woman as a friend yet she was sleeping with my man. I thought John and I were for ever until the day I found out he had betrayed me. "

The pair were by then living in a three-bedroom house in London's exclusive Maida Vale area and John was on his way to building an estimated pounds 6million fortune playing for Wimbledon.

The woman that stole Marisol's heart was the wife of an entrepreneur John used to do business with.

Breaking a 13-year silence to speak for the first time of the day in 1991 her world collapsed around her, Marisol, 40, recalled: "He was kind, generous, romantic, a good father and a great lover, everything you could want in a man.

"I thought this woman was a friend. John did business with her husband and we used to go out together and have dinner round each other's houses.

"The day I found out John and her were having an affair, something broke in my heart.

Marisol set an elaborate trap for her friend in a bid to find out the truth. "I confronted her one day on the phone and told her: 'You're having an affair with John'. She denied it and I hung up on her. I set a trap for her and she fell into it headfirst.

"I rang her back half an hour later and told her I was really sorry for accusing her but I was under a lot of stress because John was having an affair with someone.

"I told her I was leaving him and asked if she could lend me pounds 6,000 so I could move out and find somewhere of my own. Half an hour later her chauffeur arrived with pounds 6,000 in an envelope.

"I knew then my suspicions were right, she felt guilty and was resorting to an act of desperation to cover up her infidelity. I gave her driver the envelope back and told him to hand it back and tell her where to put it. I confronted John as soon as he got home. He denied the affair but moved out that night."

Even today Marisol cannot bring herself to pronounce the other woman's name. "Her husband divorced her soon after and he is now dead. He was a very important man who had many business interests," she said.

"There was never any thought in my mind of having John back because, even though I was still in love with him when we split, I felt I couldn't trust him any more after what happened."

With his athletic frame and good looks, soccer star Fashanu, 40, was a magnet for women when he was A footballer

He charmed a string of beauties with his charisma and good manners. Just as Marisol was drawn to him, so were countless others. Fashanu - targeted in a string of newspaper kiss-and-tells - gained himself a reputation as a ladies' man with several lovers on the go at once.

THE pair met as teenagers when Fashanu was an apprentice with Norwich City. Marisol had taken a break from her accountancy studies in Spain to take an English-language course at East Anglia University.

Daughter Amal - now 14 and living with her mum in Madrid - was born in 1988 when Fashanu was playing for Wimbledon.

"Moneywise, we were doing well when we split." Marisol said. "Our neighbours at the time included Annie Lennox, Boy George, the singer Mica Paris, and Robbie Williams.

"We had already put Amal on the waiting list for three exclusive private schools, including Saint Christina's in St John's Wood where she ended up.

"We wanted for nothing but it wasn't always like that. When we first met, John was earning so little I was the one who fed us out of my au pair's wages.

Recalling the break-up of her relationship with John, she added: "I don't seek to excuse him for the affair.

"But with the background he had, given up for adoption and brought up with his brother in a town of white people, I think the insecurities that gave him made him feel such fear of having just one thing and losing it thatWomen literally fell at John's feet he went for several. If you put a plate of caviar in front of someone who loves caviar they're going to eat it aren't they?

"John had money, good looks and charisma and he had women literally falling at his feet. I saw what they were like when I went out with him.

"They'd thrust pieces of paper into his hand with their addresses and phone numbers on them in front of me."

Marisol denies claims she and John have had a stormy relationship since their split.

They hit the headlines in 1992 when she reportedly lost her fight to make John pay pounds 3,000-a-term towards Amal's school fees.

"It's true we went to court over maintenance when John and I split up," she said. "But that was because I wanted a set of payments laid down in law to cover my daughter through her education.

"John never tried to wriggle out of any payments. We just had a small disagreement.

"I got what I wanted. John agreed to pay for Amal's schooling whatever the price and pounds 450 a month towards her maintenance until the age of 18. The money's always in on the dot."

Marisol - who now works as an international relations manager for Iberia Airlines - says the pain she first felt when she split with John has passed over the years. He married former model Melissa Kassa Mapsi in 1997 and the couple have two sons.

"Emotionally I don't feel anything for him any more," Marisol says. "But if he called me with a problem, I'd be there for him 100 per cent.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/I'M+A+CELEBRITY...%3A+He+was+a+great+lover..+but+John+broke+my+heart...-a0101132140

[/b]
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by dnawah(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
she look stave;
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by unmask: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
Lol..... He said he has never seen a woman with so much appetite for money.... Guess we can say.... Welcome to naija

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by vislabraye(m): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
Fashanu always in one news or the other.
Match fixing scandal
Problem with Kodjo Williams
Exchange of words with Kanu
Another divorce

Na wa oooo...

Well, as for Joseph Yobos mother inlaw, i don't know much about her .
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by millionboi(m): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
kennygee:
Who has read that book "Why men marry bitch.s?"?
who author d book nd hw can i get it
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Missmossy(f): 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Their history alone says a lot. I reserve my comment.

2 Likes

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by sinola(m): 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
I thot there was a tym it rumoured that he wss getting married to Adaeze yobo's mum....?
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by baby124: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Lmao. Two people with suspicious histories when it comes to relationships. Though I believe Adaeze's mum a lot more than John. I only believe John's story about his wife liking money. She has to keep up with status na.

I truly expected more from a single mum. You have to be careful who you bring into your children's lives. I mean you have a daughter that is married, and you married a fool that is capable of airing dirty linen in public. I hope your inlaws respect you and your daughter. This is terrible and John is a big fool for bringing such dirty stories in public without regard for both their kids. I suggest they work on their issues and John, stop being the man your father was. Stay one place and stop blessing unfortunate women with your dirty deeds. Oloriburuku man. Both of you should not go and trap unsuspecting a innocent people into your lifestyles. Just stay together. One and the same imo

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
LyfeJennings:

IF ONLY U KNOW WHAT MATHEW ENDURES.
If U ever have a 10 minutes chat with Omotola's husband about his marriage to her. I swear U go open mouth for 10years. Oh, U think Omotola is a saint? U think she's never cheated? Or say she doesnt ride her husband when the fame and money take over her. Women are made for the good times alone. They dont last forever, the good moments all have an expiration date.
I heard that too when I went to Benin. You know Omotola's husband is from there. People said that the man is the one holding up the marriage.
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by ceejay4real(m): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
Joseph Yobo beware o! Like mother like daughter!
Adaeze go show you pepper when the money stops flowing. I have said my own sha. Good luck!
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by femi4: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
yaskarahyelhope:
Y dis guy no be basketballer? Sorry to say and frankly speaking, I never liked this guy for once. I hope he has a child to his name? Malliage!!!
Abeg, help me pronounce your moniker
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by LyfeJennings(m): 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
emmabest2000:
Bad belle , your wishes will come back to u Mumu

Nothing to hate man. Its just my own perspective of their life. Why not learn to be a bit civilized when Ur views are against another man's
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by tochstorm(m): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
Princecalm:
What happened to this words:
for better for worse
for richer for poorer
in health and in wealth
Good days turning sour.
and bi sexual or lesbian or not.
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by LyfeJennings(m): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
crowns2:

I heard that too when I went to Benin. You know Omotola's husband is from there. People said that the man is the one holding up the marriage.

I honestly don't know the guy but I have this strong feeling he does a lot of very hard work to keep his marriage and he takes a lot of unbelievable sh?ts which HE would never admit in public

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
Tushkid74:
.."how can I kill this huge man who is an expert in karate?"
Muhehehehehe grin

That part of the story really got me laughing.

Two grown ups, behaving like kids! Incredible!
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by estheremma(f): 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
people will crucify me for saying this but its true.Ada n her mum have d same kind of life they are attracted to success n glamour.what this woman is doing now her daughter will do to yobo in future.i wonder how yobo did not notice that they are opportunists.any day any man cant meet their standard they dump him asap.u guys will remember in future that i said it

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by homesteady(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
heiii! See gbese! gringrin
I believe the wife story more tho'

But I also don't trust the wife, her kind of person can be very mischievous!
Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by chidexxy007(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
somtyms, I go just dy wonder hw d children of ds kind ppl dy feel seeing their parents misbehaving in public

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess by godwin120alex: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Lies everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood / EPL: Details Of Man City’s Contract For Cristiano Ronaldo Revealed / Obafemi Martins' Mansion And Cars In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.