Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

My Visit To Otuoke - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Otuoke (1257 Views)

My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) / My Visit To Olumirin Water Falls / My Visit To Elegushi Beach And Idanre Hills In Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Otuoke by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Here I would give a brief account of my long planned visit to Otuoke, home of our President. I have a natural penchant for travelling and adventures, so I had set myself the task of visiting the hometowns of our sitting presidents to see for myself the beauty or otherwise and appreciate how the locals perceive their son.
FFWD
My journey began on Saturday (25th April) from Enugu. During the journey, I took up the identity of a southerner (ofcus I am, by half) creating a relaxed atmosphere to determine how they perceive the current political happenings. Their perception was that of satisfaction and contentment. ffwd
After about 4hrs of a rather smooth journey, I'm finally here in Bayelsa, the glory of all lands, though not as glorious as the name may suggest but certainly a nicely planned and laid out town. What really caught my fancy was the Nigerian Naval Base Yenagoa, it was breathtaking, bordering the Atlantic with lakes scattered around its landscape. That's what a naval base should look like. ffwd
From opolo junction where I boarded a cab, my journey proper to Ogbia LGA, home to otuoke began. Noticeable was the presence of friendly looking security operatives of the JTF (Operation Pulo Shield) along the way, with their operational base at Opolo road.. I continued my interaction with my new co-journey men,seeking to further satisfy my curiosity. ffwd.
We were there within 30mins. Ogbia is a quiet and peaceful town, far from what friends had described to me. I was told that I'd be needing a canoe ride along the journey to which I wondered aloud if Mr President's town wouldn't have bridges. Alas, there were many of such bridges built by the Nigerian Army over many rivers that dotted the landscape. ffwd.
The cab driver dropped me at Otuoke junction with instructions where I approached a nice youth Okada rider, intimating him of my reason for visiting. He agreed to take me round otuoke and act as a tourist guide after we agreed on a reasonable fee of N200 and on condition that I keep my phone and camera away. Otuoke is a small town,with everyone going about their normal business. You'd hardly know a president lived there except for the numerous checkpoints mounted by soldiers of 5th Battalion. Among other places, he showed me round Federal University Otuoke, Skills Acquisition Centre, Magels Resort (a hotel belonging to Madam First Lady) manned at the gate by MOPOL with a sentry post of the Army, St Stephen's Anglican Church (where the first family worship whenever they are at home) and ofcus the cynosure of all eyes and centre piece of the village, Mr President's residence.
It's a sprawling 5-6 duplex complex (some still under construction) bordered behind by the waters of the creeks. Ofcus, it's heavily guarded........I'd stop there but not without saying that from my external observation, it's nothing compared to Obj & IBB's hilltop estates (which I have also visited), at best described as 'modest'.
My mission accomplished, my curiosity satisfied. Next stop is Daura, sometime later this year or next year.

Photo credit : online source.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Otuoke by toluhere(m): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
[,

Photo credit : online
[/quote]
ok
Re: My Visit To Otuoke by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
toluhere:
[,

Photo credit : online

ok
for security reasons oooo
Re: My Visit To Otuoke by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
Pls visit uniport to check for his doctorate certificate. Thanks in advance shocked
Re: My Visit To Otuoke by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 27, 2015
Keneking:
Pls visit uniport to check for his doctorate certificate. Thanks in advance shocked
noted
Re: My Visit To Otuoke by chukel(m): 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ur visit is incomplete. U didn't come to yenagoa, nikton road to see his array of mansions. Along the express, there is a road off it, opposite otiotio junction. That road leads to his gold mansion. U need to come back. U also need to see the wife's hotel( the largest in the state), Aridolf resort and spa. U have not finished. Better come back.
Re: My Visit To Otuoke by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
chukel:
Ur visit is incomplete. U didn't come to yenagoa, nikton road to see his array of mansions. Along the express, there is a road off it, opposite otiotio junction. That road leads to his gold mansion. U need to come back. U also need to see the wife's hotel( the largest in the state), Aridolf resort and spa. U have not finished. Better come back.
My broda, nobody gave me travelling allowance oooo, but I!' ve noted your comments, would surely put it in my travel schedule for October. The next 3months are booked up already.

(1) (Reply)

Missed Your Flight? Keep Calm and Do These... / Safest Means Of Travelling Long Distances In Nigeria By Road. / Italy Or France, Which Is Better And Cheaper To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.