Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State (53108 Views)

Fatal Accident Around Ibusa Asaba Express Rd, Delta State / Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals / 10 State Capitals In Nigeria With Low Crime Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
barcanista:
@OP delta has gone beyond this..

Im not trying to bring up ethnic bashing. Im just trying to present facts so that non-Deltans will know.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by ignis: 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
Warri is more developed than Asaba.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Seuncoded(f): 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
xo what now teach us
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Rajosh(m): 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
what! they even have two airports while Kogi has none. Hmm. next year, we must vote out that inefficient governor. Change we need,change we shall get.

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by chigoizie7(m): 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Na pictures I came here to watch and not to read all those long epistle
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by kliq(m): 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
cool
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by LKO(m): 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
literarymathy:

That's true. However, you'd agree with me that for now, it's not bad to write an article about it. Atleast so that others can learn. No knowledge is wasted.

Why waste ur precious time on a nonenity. D lowlife doesn't deserve ur attention. Ignore it(is not a human).

7 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by dgitrader(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
literarymathy:

Im not trying to bring up ethnic bashing. Im just trying to present facts so that non-Deltans will know.

The topic does not truly reflect the beatiful content of your thread, you may review to make it better. Also a good number of folks really misunderstand the essence of the article.

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
dgitrader:

The topic does not truly reflect the beatiful content of your thread, you may review to make it better. Also a good number of folks really misunderstand the essence of the article.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try and change the topic. May something like "The Beauty of Warri and Asaba in Pictures" will be better.

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Baroba(m): 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
literarymathy:

I'll just laugh it off here because this is getting too long and you are adamant to state your problem. I sense that you are among those who bash anyone who is in an inkling better than you are.

Why don't you just ignore him and keep this thread moving, nice write up..

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
ignis:
Warri is more developed than Delta.

Sometimes it better for someone to shut up than saying trash...

Warri is more developed than delta,just listen to yourself...

Smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by ndcide(m): 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
Any fool can easily know the intent of the writeup. He is writing this but have not written any piece that unifies delta state.

@op. are you close to prof Muoboghare? just curious.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
ndcide:
Any fool can easily know the intent of the writeup. He is writing this but have not written any piece that unifies delta state.

@op. are you close to prof Muoboghare? just curious.

lol. cheesy

Please read the content well na bros. I am not in support of anything. I tried to be objective. My point is that Delta State has two capitals and its stunting the growth of Asaba. It may be a good thing or a bad thing. But the government has to look into it.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fejikudz(m): 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
nice write up

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Buchman1(m): 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
asaba yeah capital of those who believe in anioma .

it is partitioned based on ethnic preferences .

asaba is anioma capital . take it or leave it . drop it or live by it .
In your face dufess! Asaba is the capital of Delta state, South- South Nigeria! That the seat of government and it will remain so

7 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Why should the capital of a state be an issue. Unlike in Nigeria where state capitals are the usually the most developed cities, in the US, capitals are usually located in smaller and quieter towns. That is why NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Baltimore are not the capital cities of New York, California, Illinois, Florida and Maryland. We have to do away with the mindset that the capital must be the most developed part of the state where most of the state resources are pumped into then people won't mind where the capitals are located.

5 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
I just mourn those that think Warri is one dirt place to be cus of the trash they've been fed on.

in Ay's voice " Warri Warri Warri....their dad Mhen!"

I rep Warri Mhen!

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
The author of this article is a filthy tribalist, he is part of the school of thought that ignorantly do not conside Anioma 'delta'. I have to say that the so called old delta province should find a name for themselves (I suggest UIIII standing for Urhobo,Ijaw,Itsekiri,Isoko and Izon).
Besides, Aba is not capital of Abia, its no big deal.

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Macelliot(m): 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
ignis:
Which is more developed? Warri or Onitsha?
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Buchman1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
ignis:
what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Metrofox(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
atlwireles:

If you ever read one, you will not open this thread.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Warri is a over populated town with conflicts and crime here and there.
The Ogiamen controversy comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Metrofox(m): 4:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
literarymathy:

lol. cheesy

Please read the content well na bros. I am not in support of anything. I tried to be objective. My point is that Delta State has two capitals and its stunting the growth of Asaba. It may be a good thing or a bad thing. But the government has to look into it.

The op has written a very expository & intellectual piece here.. quite objective too.. It's meant for sound minds & i understand the disappointment of people used to opening threads on celebrity gossip grin nice one Op.. another intellect can tell us if having two capitals is good or bad after doing his research

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
fr3do:
The author of this article is a filthy tribalist, he is part of the school of thought that ignorantly do not conside Anioma 'delta'. I have to say that the so called old delta province should find a name for themselves (I suggest UIIII standing for Urhobo,Ijaw,Itsekiri,Isoko and Izon).
Besides, Aba is not capital of Abia, its no big deal.

For all intent and purposes, I may as well be an Anioma person. There's nowhere I stated in the article that I am against the location of the capital or that I'm an Urhobo person. Please be careful with accusations. Look at my previous threads and see my pattern.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by tracyorez(f): 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
@OP,no matter how you look at it,warri will always be more developed that asaba, because,the kind of things and infrastructures in warri are not in asaba.I have visited the two cities but I mean no disrespect to anyone when i say asaba is not upto a city,Now let's look at it this way,there is a sea port in warri,many oil companies reside in warri,talking about manufacturing companies,hotels don't wanna mention names(its only people that havnt visited warri that will mention grand hotel asaba,trust me) and so many more.Warri as a city has all what it takes to develop itself.Capital or no Capital.
My own little contribution though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
If say Warri is a capital, you can also say Ughelli, Agbor, Sapele, Iselle Uku, Ogwashi Uku and Abraka are capital.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Remii(m): 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
ovadoze:
The moral of the story is??
What is wrong in having a state capital and a commercial capital, afterall many non Nigerians think Lagos is our capital, Umuahia is d capital of Abia state while Aba is more developed and more populated likewise Awka and Onitsha being the state and the commercial capitals of Anambra.
Irrespective of the political undertone, I like what is happening in Delta, let there be a developed Asaba and a developed Warri to reduce overpopulation in major cities.
same goes for most states in US, Austin is smaller compared to Houston and Dallas in Texas, Tallahasi is smaller compared to Miami in Florida, etc etc

4 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Deltans,itshekiri'urhobos'ijaws'isokos,ibos, all hve been living peacefully in the state since its creation. No tribal bigot from other Nigerian tribe should use their tribalism to sow bad blood and enemity in delta. You people should face your tribe and leave delta alone. As far as am concerned this is a malicious and inciting thread.

4 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Afam4eva:
Why should the capital of a state be an issue. Unlike in Nigeria where state capitals are the usually the most developed cities, in the US, capitals are usually located in smaller and quieter towns. That is why NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Baltimore are not the capital cities of New York, California, Illinois, Florida and Maryland. We have to do away with the mindset that the capital must be the most developed part of the state where most of the state resources are pumped into then people won't mind where the capitals are located.

bro you are right to some extent. In Canada, the capital city of Ontario (a province) is Toronto (beautiful and very develop city). but the capital city of British Columbia is Victoria (small city less populated city) not Vancouver (a mega city), Alberta is Edmonton not Calgary. Worst is the Capital of Canada is Ottawa not Quebec city

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
njays24:
Deltans,itshekiri'urhobos'ijaws'isokos,ibos, all hve been living peacefully in the state since its creation. No tribal bigot from other Nigerian tribe should use their tribalism to sow bad blood and enemity in delta. You people should face your tribe and leave delta alone. As far as am concerned this is a malicious and inciting thread.

I love the boldened section of your quote. By the way I'm a Deltan. I have roots with ALL the ethnic groups in Delta State. I believe in ONE Nigeria and ONE DELTA. I am only a historian and an educationist. This thread is for enlightenment and directed at non-Deltans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead / Burial Of The 26 Nigerian Girls Killed In Mediterranean Sea (Pictures) / Drone View Of The New Oshodi BRT Terminus - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.