Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State (52464 Views)

Fatal Accident Around Ibusa Asaba Express Rd, Delta State / Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals / 10 State Capitals In Nigeria With Low Crime Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
njays24:
Deltans,itshekiri'urhobos'ijaws'isokos,ibos, all hve been living peacefully in the state since its creation. No tribal bigot from other Nigerian tribe should use their tribalism to sow bad blood and enemity in delta. You people should face your tribe and leave delta alone. As far as am concerned this is a malicious and inciting thread.

you are right but not until after the tribal crisis in late 1990's that chased all the companies away. But we are embracing development now. people don't fight for tribes no more, they fight for politicians now.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by nkemdi89(f): 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
atlwireles:
Another useless thread.
What is useless about the thread? If you can't read, comprehend and appreciate someone else writeup then tell me what you can do or so far what have you contributed. How do you learn in school? Craving for attention alone on NL shouldn't be the best you can do.

3 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
WARRI! WARRI!! WARRI!!!!!

Who dem help? cheesy
Their father left lap grin
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by PhockPhockMan: 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
ndcide:
Any fool can easily know the intent of the writeup. He is writing this but have not written any piece that unifies delta state.

@op. are you close to prof Muoboghare? just curious.
I agree with you totally.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by jerryunit48: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
tracyorez:
@OP,no matter how you look at it,warri will always be more developed that asaba, because,the kind of things and infrastructures in warri are not in asaba.I have visited the two cities but I mean no disrespect to anyone when i say asaba is not upto a city,Now let's look at it this way,there is a sea port in warri,many oil companies reside in warri,talking about manufacturing companies,hotels don't wanna mention names(its only people that havnt visited warri that will mention grand hotel asaba,trust me) and so many more.Warri as a city has all what it takes to develop itself.Capital or no Capital.
My own little contribution though.
Asaba is not up tp a city Just listen to yourself , infact giving Asaba the capital is to me the best thing Babangida did , what do you want him to do when uhrobo isoko itchekiri and ijaw will not agree to a common ground ? Keep crying Asaba will always be capital as long as there is Delta state

6 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by tracyorez(f): 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
jerryunit48:
Asaba is not up tp a city Just listen to yourself , infact giving Asaba the capital is to me the best thing Babangida did , what do you want him to do when uhrobo isoko itchekiri and ijaw will not agree to a common ground ? Keep crying Asaba will always be capital as long as there is Delta state
First of all,I am not a deltan hun! So I don't bloody care if you couldn't comprehend my write up because if you did,you would have read through where I called it a city before stating MY OPINION.There is only one major road in asaba other than the express way as far as I know.Please I don't care if warri or asaba is the capital of delta,I was just giving the op reasons why warri is more developed and I cited examples so if you think otherwise,pls educate me and ofcourse with examples hun!
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by millionaireman: 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
If you know how much I love this competition between Asaba and Warri cities in Delta state.....
It makes for development of larger portions of the state.

In one state in the southeast, it's like a taboo for state capital people if government tries to site any meaningful development infrastructure in any location outside the state capital;

even the towns and zone that give oil producing name to the state remain rural.

All five universities and polytrchnics in Imo state are located around the state capital. Any attempt to relocate even one to another area is fiercely resisted by people of the state capItal.

There is a formula unique to only Imo state: two cities being develprd in one Owerri town : Old Owerri and New Owerri Capital Cities - they are the only places that have modern development infrastructures in the entire Imo state.

Well done Deltans. Love your competitive and balancing spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by ikechime(m): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
delta state, my dear state. how i wish you are a people united in common goal for all. let there be love and unity among your people. last funny moment i had last time i was at agbor was women riding okada. ;
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by jerryunit48: 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
tracyorez:

First of all,I am not a deltan hun! So I don't bloody care if you can't comprehend my write up because if you did,you would have read through where I called it a city before stating MY OPINION.There is only one major road in asaba other than the express way as far as I know.Please I don't care if warri or asaba is the capital of delta,I was just giving the op reasons why warri is more developed and I cited examples so if you think otherwise,pls educate me and ofcourse with examples hun!
Okay now i know you don 't know much about Asaba , just watch some nollywood films and see how many where done in Asaba
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by tracyorez(f): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
jerryunit48:
Okay now i know you don 't know much about Asaba , just watch some nollywood films and see how many where done in Asaba
If shooting nollywood movies made it a big city then those thick villages in some states that they shoot most epic movies are also cites just because nollywood movies are involved right?hun!.I am talking about infrastructures and development and I havnt even mention oil wells.
Please if you want to argue or convince me,be practical with examples.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by darejem4real: 6:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
Good
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by ikeyman00(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
@@@

as it is for the braininess only

only and only Biafra will save u

they come in here to talk about Niger-delta; nigggger-delta south south south to south south

but clearly u could see in actual sense there will be nothing like niger-delta

meanwhile moderator is busy deleting the truth just because of N3.50k

plz lets learn to accept the truth
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by 2kris(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
ogb5:
The agitation for delta state did not start during the Babangida regime as postulated in this write-up.

The land procured at Osubi for the creation of the Delta state capital is still state government property till date.

Request for a Delta state, with a capital around Warri/ Effurun and Osubi axis was already in existence in the 70s.

The Itsekiri's opposed the the citing of the state capital at anywhere near Warri, fearing it will reduce the dominance of the Olu and also force them to lose land to the state.

And for correction, Babangida chose Asaba as state capital because his wife was from Asaba, that was the genesis of the bad blood towards Asaba. A place like Kwale would have been far better than Asaba as state capital.
u just nailed it...abeg bros wetin be ur brand
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Foxie: 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
njays24:
Deltans,itshekiri'urhobos'ijaws'isokos,ibos, all hve been living peacefully in the state since its creation. No tribal bigot from other Nigerian tribe should use their tribalism to sow bad blood and enemity in delta. You people should face your tribe and leave delta alone. As far as am concerned this is a malicious and inciting thread.
Did you read the piece to the end at all? #pheww

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by tpiadotcom: 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
ogb5:
The agitation for delta state did not start during the Babangida regime as postulated in this write-up.

The land procured at Osubi for the creation of the Delta state capital is still state government property till date.

Request for a Delta state, with a capital around Warri/ Effurun and Osubi axis was already in existence in the 70s.

The Itsekiri's opposed the the citing of the state capital at anywhere near Warri, fearing it will reduce the dominance of the Olu and also force them to lose land to the state.

And for correction, Babangida chose Asaba as state capital because his wife was from Asaba, that was the genesis of the bad blood towards Asaba. A place like Kwale would have been far better than Asaba as state capital.

Did he say his reason for choosing Asaba was because his wife was from there?
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Ekstraz(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
literarymathy:

Insert Pictures:

5. Warri City view

This pix Made enerhen junction look nice
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
literarymathy:

For all intent and purposes, I may as well be an Anioma person. There's nowhere I stated in the article that I am against the location of the capital or that I'm an Urhobo person. Please be careful with accusations. Look at my previous threads and see my pattern.

the author refers to the Professor you quoted.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Ekstraz(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
ikeyman00:
@@@

as it is for the braininess only

only and only Biafra will save u

they come in here to talk about Niger-delta; nigggger-delta south south south to south south

but clearly u could see in actual sense there will be nothing like niger-delta

meanwhile moderator is busy deleting the truth just because of N3.50k

plz lets learn to accept the truth

Who your Biafra help?? Go sell spare parts abeg
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by ikeyman00(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
^^^^ mad man
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
tracyorez:

If shooting nollywood movies made it a big city then those thick villages in some states that they shoot most epic movies are also cites just because nollywood movies are involved right?hun!.I am talking about infrastructures and development and I havnt even mention oil wells.
Please if you want to argue or convince me,be practical with examples.

Lagos was used for movies those days and not Ogbomosho, and these movies were not village films, this showed that there was healthy development that was in Lagos and not in Ogbomosho.
But these film makers left Lagos for Asaba, why? Because lagos was saturated and congested as Warri is.
Unlike Warri, there is no tribal strife in Asaba talk less of actual fighting.
Asaba is comfortably close to the 3rd or 4th most economically important city in Nigeria, Onitsha.
Asaba was capital for the pre colonial Royal Niger Company.
The crime rate in Asaba does not even come close to that in Warri.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by grandlexuz(m): 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Thank you for the informative piece. I do mostly hear of Asaba in Nigeria films. Something about Manyi Asaba. The woman with the breast that gives riches.Lol. It sounded more like an Igbo town to me. From your write I bet it is save to say Delta State has a sizable Igbo population. You didnot mention Ijaws as group in Delta. Are they not a major tribe in Delta State?

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ekstraz:

Who your Biafra help?? Go sell spare parts abeg

who has Nigeria helped too?
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
grandlexuz:
Thank you for the informative piece. I do mostly hear of Asaba in Nigeria films. Something about Manyi Asaba. The woman with the breast that gives riches.Lol. It sounded more like an Igbo town to me. From your write I bet it is save to say Delta State has a sizable Igbo population. You didnot mention Ijaws as group in Delta. Are they not a major tribe in Delta State?

They are the Izon on people. They occupy warri south west, burutu, bomadi and patani local government areas. The current deputy governor elect is an izon man.
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
grandlexuz:

Anioma has more than 33% of the population in Delta, 9 out of the 25 LGAs, the Aniomas comprising of Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika and Oshimili speak igboid languages, Anioma culture has Bini influence.

My Grandma told me that when the current Oba of Benin, Oba Ereduwa was being coronated, the efigie (traditional staff of authority) needed for the ritual was no where to be found, probably looted by colonial robbers. A replica efigie was gotten from Iselle Uku an Anioma kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by jerryunit48: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
fr3do:

Anioma has more than 33% of the population in Delta, 9 out of the 25 LGAs, the Aniomas comprising of Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika and Oshimili speak igboid languages, Anioma culture has Bini influence.

My Grandma told me that when the current Oba of Benin, Oba Ereduwa was being coronated, the efigie (traditional staff of authority) needed for the ritual was no where to be found, probably looted by colonial robbers. A replica efigie was gotten from Iselle Uku an Anioma kingdom.
Really hits me hard ," igboid " Asaba speaks the same like onitsha even isele - uku and even ukala, pls. lets stop using this words when it comes to Asaba
Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
jerryunit48:
Really hits me hard ," igboid " Asaba speaks the same like onitsha even isele - uku and even ukala, pls. lets stop using this words when it comes to Asaba

even part of Onitsha speak exactly like Iselle Uku. I have to say Igboid because Ndokwa and Ika have unique dialects.

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by fr3do(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
Asaba is technically the first capital of Nigeria.
In 1830, the Igbos captured the Lander brothers, british explorers that landed in Asaba.
The Royal Niger Company had to move from Asaba to Calabar because of the Ekumeku resistance.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/37610/Asaba

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/11/asaba-as-nigerias-first-capital/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State by dhorlipizzu(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
ogb5:

Na sho...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Human Friendly Crocodiles At Agulu Lake Anambra State- Video / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) / Lakowe Lakes - A Beautiful Paradise In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.