Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl (30120 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Jummyjagz(f): 12:13am On Aug 23, 2015
Clarakings cry cry
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
scozy:
agbenu whats wrong with ur bbm u av been off for some days now
Pls aunty clara giv me ur pin!
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
[right][/right]Please we'r begging!..help us 2 complete it!Please we'r begging!..help us 2 complete it!Please we'r begging!..help us 2 complete it!
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by vickkyruby(f): 10:40am On Aug 27, 2015
Clarakings!!
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by janedearie: 10:20am On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Cedar06: 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Update plssss
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Olaxtra: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Clara ooh!!!

Update please!!!
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
So sorry I went off like that. Went to grab my better half and off the moon we went. Buh am back now...with full force!

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Olaxtra: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
Clarakings:
So sorry I went off like that. Went to grab my better half and off the moon we went. Buh am back now...with full force!

Aiit ooh.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Asapchow(m): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
followed.
don't let me down
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Plz I don't know what is happening to my thread. I have tried updating twice but it ain't showing. MOD, what could be wrong?
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Oga Seun, I am experiencing a little difficulty here updating my work. I click on 'submit', and I don't see the work again. Plz help!
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Olaxtra: 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
Help our writer ooh!!!

#following
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2015
Who did I offend o. MOD help me out na!!! Still can't update.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
"Why would they declare war on us? What have we done to them? Is war the best possible solution?" The words tumbled out of my mouth simultaneously as Dera glared me into silence. The sound of a gunshot had us running into the house. The pandemonium roused father from sleep and he stared at us questioningly. I waited patiently for mother to explain.
"It is Ome people. They have declared war on us. They are all over the village with arms and ammunitions."
The confusion on Father's face seemed to dissipate a little as he dressed up hastily and made as if to go out.
"You can't go out there, its no child's play. This is war."
Just then, the sound of bullet that settled on our roof gave mother's word credence and Father reluctantly sat on the bed. A loud banging on our gate sent tearful Peter running into mothers arms. My legs were barely supporting my frame. The banging came again, this time accompanied with chants of war songs.
"This is our land! This is our heritage! We have come to recover!"
Mother quickly pushed us under the bed and carefully concealed us with clothes and bags save for little hole enough for my roving eyes. The fear of what would happen should those bandits break into our compound sent my heartbeat doubling in octaves.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Olaide59(f): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
I'm glad u're able to update at last. Nice one
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
Olaide59:
I'm glad u're able to update at last. Nice one
Yea I am though its a bit stressful. Had to type few words and then modify it as many times as possible. The result of this is that the updates are gonna be short. Tnx tho.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
Father added more locks to the already secured door as the banging continued. My urinary tract responded to the ferocity at which my heart is pumping blood and I allowed the liquid to flow freely.
"Water is touching me." Peter shouted.
"Sssshhhh" Mother hushed him into silence.
Pangs of guilt hit me like the cold harmmattan breeze and I swallowed in shame as Dera swore under his breath. The warm liquid had found its way into his clothes and he must have noticed that it is no ordinary water.
Father rummaged in the drawer for a fraction os second and emerged with his life-long radio. I wondered if the gadget would even work after five long idle years were there to be a battery to power it on. He fumbled with the object and after a while, I heard him wince out in pain. A soldier that lodged in the radio had bitten him out of frustration for disturbing its peace.
The banging had ceased but the songs continued. Father had settled down to nurse his pain after killing the mischievous ant. Mother who was sweating profusely dabbed her eyes occasionally to prevent the tears from spilling. Every other person remained quiet. After what seemed like ages, the war songs faded out in the distance and the whole neighborhood was engulfed in silence. We crawled out gently from under the bed soaked in my own waste. I tried to pretend that it was water but one look from Mother said it all.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
The neighborhood had maintained the silence even at dusk. We had changed into another clothes after I shamefully mopped under the bed. I had never felt such embarrassment before my entire family and so I felt awkward throughout the evening. Father had managed to remove some locks from the door but no one had stepped out of the compound for fear of what lay beyond the compound.
"Papa Nene" I heard a voice call out almost in a whisper. I moved closer to the window and the voice called out again from over the fence.
"Papa Nene, its me Pa Ibe. Open the gate for me." I called for Father's attention and he hesitated for a while before answering the caller.
"Come quietly to the gate, I will open it now.
Both hurried inside the house as if being pursued by an antelope and Father locked the door behind them. We greeted Pa Ibe as he sat down and wiped the beads of sweat that creased his forehead.
"Ibe you are very brave to be on the road after what happened today. How is your family?"
"I should have warned you earlier today my friend, my friend. I saw it coming, so I sent my family to my wife's maternal home across Udom river yesterday."
"How bad is it?"
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by udison(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Just Arrived..holding a coke and a porp corn..My personal cinema...nice work Clarakings
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by sod09(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nice story
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Olaide59(f): 8:05am On Sep 11, 2015
Nice one sis
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Ragner(m): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
And Clarakings abandoned us again
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
"It is really very bad. They captured Onowu and took him as hostage. They have really staged a war and our people are preparing to repay them in the same coin. They have already started recruiting both men and youth for the war and the way I am seeing it, there would be many casualties. The Ome people killed three persons today that went to farm in the said land. I will advise that you stay put in your house as very few persons are aware that you have returned. Focus on recovering from your many days of torture. War has no regard for any man".
"I have heard you my friend, thank you so much. But how safe would my family be still in this place?.
"For now there is nothing much you can do. We are suspecting that the Ome people had secured all the boundaries leading outside Isieke with their warriors. It will be in everyone's interest to remain in Isieke for now till we break the siege. So let them be here for now. I will be leaving because the darkness is growing thicker and human souls will soon be a prey for the spirits."
"Ka chi fo".
"Goodnite my friend"
Father secured the gate after Pa ibe left. We hadn't even eaten dinner and the way mother sat hurdled in a corner, she was far from thinking about dinner. The tension that settled in the house had lessened after Pa Ibe left. At least, we have some knowledge about the situation at hand. Peter yawned loudly stretching at the same time and this attracted mother's attention. I smiled at him secretly grateful for this one thing he did.
"Nene go and make the remaining garri let's make do for dinner". My eyes pleaded with Dera to come and assist me and he followed me willingly. His stomach must have felt the heat of the day.
"Do it quietly". Mother said and I nodded .
We hurriedly made the garri. I didn't even bother to pound it in a mortar for fear of making noise. I only managed to turn it in a bowl and dished the soup before it could boil properly. We were onto the last lap of the garri when we heard a loud knock on the gate. We stilled for a moment and the knocking continued.
"Is there any grown man in this compound, this is the people of Isieke". A voice said from outside the gate.
Father quickly washed his hands and stood up.
"You can't go out there. Remember what your friend, Ibe said". Father sat back.
"Is there any man?" The voice shouted again.
"No" Mother shouted so much for them to hear and the knocking ceased but not for long.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Rukkydelta(f): 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
Nice update
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Olaide59(f): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2015
Following
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Afz9095(m): 12:03am On Sep 25, 2015
Ur updates re 2 short nd nt regular, pls do somthing 2 it b4 ur readers loose interest. Anyway tanx 4 d update.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 25, 2015
Thank You Sooooooooooooo Much!
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
After sometime that it would take a spittle to dry off elapsed, the knocking came again and this time louder than the first.
"Since there is no grown man in this household, we desire to see the occupants of this compound!" A voice thundered from behind the gate.
"Its just me and my children!" Mother shouted in an unsteady voice.
"Isioma you are lying!" A familiar voice replied and we stilled for a moment. I was contemplating on whose voice that could be when the name hit me like a thunderbolt. Uncle Mathew!
"I know that your husband is in there. Open this gate to prove me wrong or the youths of Isieke will bring down this gate!"
"Francis, stay in here let me go and reason with them".
"You know Mathew is one person that could never reason with you in this village. He is only interested in doing anything that will bring me down".
The knocking on our gate turned into a bang and it appeared as if Uncle Mathew would carry out his threat.
"I would find somewhere and hide. Listen to me, your father is not around ". Father said to us before dashing behind the house. Mother tearfully went to open the gate and the youths sauntered in and broke into a war song.
"Comb the compound and bring him out. Every man must fight for our land!" Uncle Mathew commanded and they all disappeared into different corners still chanting war songs. Uncle Mathew strode to where Mother stood and muttered to our hearing.
"He is not only a fool but also a coward".
Mother eyed him icily and spat on the ground.
"Better a coward than a Jezebel" mother tool some steps away from him.
I darted glances at the youths that were ransacking everywhere, my heart in my mouth, expecting them to come out with father at any time.
"You would be sorry you never married me".
"Do your worse" mother said through her tears while Uncle Mathew smiled mischievously.
"He is not anyway here" the youths said to a disappointed Uncle Mathew.
"Did you search everywhere?"
"Yes Sir" they echoed in unison.
"Let's go then." They turned to leave and he leaned very close to mother's ear and whispered.
"I will be back".
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
Immediately they left, mother heaved a sigh of relief and sat down on the pavement and Dera hurriedly went to lock the gate. I went in search of my Father behind the house carefully calling out his name softly. He emerged from behind the bathroom all clothed in mud. I quickly fixed water for him to wash up before he joined us in the house. Mother had stopped crying as Peter snored away in his arms.
"This is worse than I anticipated. Who would have thought that our peaceful village will turn to a war land. I just hope this fracas ends soon because feeding will soon be a problem". Mother said staring into nothingness. I brought out the mat from under the bed, carried Peter from mother's arms and laid him on the mat.
"I have been thinking of a way you and the children can leave this village at least for the time being".
"Pa Ibe said its not safe to leave the village yet and besides if we are leave, you must come with us because you are not fit for war yet".
"Don't worry about me, God will take care of me". We turned to look at Father simultaneously. His new found faith in the God he once insulted was a surprise to us. He seemed to notice and began to explain.
"While in the prison, some persons came to preach to us about the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Prior to that time, I had attempted to commit suicide twice but the warder intercepted me and I kept cursing this man in my mind. I never knew that God was using him to save my life because I lost so much blood in my last attempt before he saw me. After that, I lost all hopes of living and even dying too. Life was meaningless to me coupled with the ill treatment meted out to prisoners. Living was intolerable for me until a group of persons came to minister to us. I found hope in the words that the said to us and strength in the little that they taught us. I instantly gave my life to Christ and since then I have felt a lot better knowing that I have this very hope" Father stopped to wipe a tear that have escaped unto his cheek.
"I know that I have lived a terrible life before now but I am new man now and I promise to be a better husband and father." Father finished as tears flowed from my eyes. I had never seen father this emotional before. Mother turned her face to wall and I wondered at her reaction. Mother seemed to have other problems bothering her other than the family issues and I could not stop thinking what it might be.
"Only time will tell" I thought to myself as father signaled us for our first ever family night prayers.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2015
Nice story, will surely keep reading.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
Clarakings:
Immediately they left, mother heaved a sigh of relief and sat down on the pavement and Dera hurriedly went to lock the gate. I went in search of my Father behind the house carefully calling out his name softly. He emerged from behind the bathroom all clothed in mud. I quickly fixed water for him to wash up before he joined us in the house. Mother had stopped crying as Peter snored away in his arms. *To be continued*
pls we're waiting!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] / "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" / From PHCN, With Love……

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.