Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira (654 Views)

How Come This Could Be, I Never Believed It / Hot: How To Activate 20GB Free For 20naira On Mtn / What Is This Baby Doing In This Picture? Has To Be Seen To Be Believed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira by odimbannamdi(m): 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
What can 20naira do for you?

Buy you 4 satchel water? 4 milkose sweets? 1 satchet milk?

20naira bought me a service i never believed i could ever get again at that price, at least not in this present Nigeria.

I went to visit an old classmate at Agric area of Lagos. On getting to the bustop, i needed to get a bike to his house.

So i went to the bikers stand, approached an hausa biker, told him my destination precisely and asked him how much.

Guess what he told me?

20naira!

the sun was too hot so i was sure the hausa biker wasnt joking with me, maybe i didnt hear clearly.

"How much?" i asked again. "20naira" he replied in his hausa accent.

I was overghasted and flabberwhelmed!

i thought to myself "maybe this house was just the next 3houses away and this guy wanted to rip me off my 20bucks"

but then, 20naira is worth the trial.

so i hopped in, balanced very well and promised to give this biker 3 dirty slaps if he tries to play a fast one on me.

we come dey go....we come dey go....we come dey go....we come dey go....

the ride lasted for a whooping 4minutes at normal bike speed!

i alighted, reached for my wallet and gave him the 20naira note on me. Expecting him to protest, claiming he was joking when he quoted that price, i waited patiently

he simply collected it, muttered "nagode" and proceeded to turn his bike.

i was utterly surprised. so its for real!

"na 20naira una dey collect normally?" i asked. "yes Oga. some dey collect 30naira, some 20naira"

i thanked him and we both parted ways.

i now treat every 20naira note in my wallet with dignity and respect.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira by SuperSuave(m): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
grin God knows my love for hausa people knows no bound. They are never greedy, they will never forget their people when they make it, the rich among them doesn't like to see the poor suffer, they sell their goods cheaply you'll even think they stole it.
I remember when I wanted to buy a playboy slippers, my friend advised me to buy from the hausa at #500 I dismissed the idea thinking the ones igbo guys sell at #1500 is of higher quality. Naso I buy #1.5k palm dey think say I dey wear quality. grin the footwear igbo will sell at #2500 or 3k, hausa will sell at #1,200 or #1,500.
Shoutout to all hausa people out there, you guys are wonderful. I just wish I could speak their language.
Re: I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira by oismail(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
Okada?
I cant and i won't believe this!
In Lagos?
Aby dem say make the mallam bring N20 note for ritual ni?
Just wondering!
Well, Lagos sef get class;
Very very low class
Very low class
Low class
Semi average class
Average class
Above-average class
Semi high class
High class
Very high class
Very very high class
And the executive class.
Pls, just try and identify the class where that environment belong

1 Like

Re: I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira by SuperSuave(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
oismail:
Okada?
In Lagos?
na true o angry cos Ilorin sef okada na #50 even if na from your sitting room to kitchen
Re: I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira by ardeks(m): 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
No surprise at all, that's Hausas for you.
Re: I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira by mdbissalla(m): 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
oismail:
Okada?
In Lagos?
Just wondering!
Well, Lagos sef get class;
Very very low class
Very low class
Low class
Semi average class
Average class
Above-average class
Semi high class
High class
Very high class
Very very high class
And the executive class.
Pls, just try and identify the class where that environment belong

na u sabi, so for your mind na poverty cause dis one ba
Re: I Got A Service I Never Believed I Could Get For 20naira by suptol(m): 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Funny wink. Good for you.

(1) (Reply)

(photo): It Is Only In Nigeria That This Can Happen!.. / Happy New Month Romancelanders: Wish Any Romancelander Happy New Month / Yoruba’s Are The Problem With Nigeria – Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.