Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:04 AM

Holyghost... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holyghost... (707 Views)

Unilag Holyghost Service! / Don't Miss This Month's January Holyghost Service. (theme: No More Losses) / Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holyghost... by misreal(m): 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
once I believed in God not because I knew he existed,but because I was from a christian home.I grew up believing that anyone who didn't attend church was a devil.although I wasn't a regular church goer.
nevertheless,I always had this silent intuition that they exist a God,who loves me and will definitely work for my good.so I decided,to start up a relationship with him,just to be sure my intuition wasn't playing pranks on me.
firstly I gave my life to Christ,what the Christians called being born again.after this phase,I was confused because I really wanted to access God but I still didn't know how to.
secondly,I got the baptism of the holy ghost,what the Christian
s called speaking in tongues. believe me,I never truly believed in it.but I do now.
after all these, I felt I was going to start seeing God face to face but unfortunately, it wasn't so..I knew I needed to get to know this Jesus more,so I decided to ask my pastor for tips.he told me two things I could never forget.
1.pray consistently in tongues and
2.study the bible more...due to my hunger,I did exactly what he said but it seemed it wasn't getting me anywhere.so I decided to seek to know God more..I kept at it,staying for hours in prayers.the first thing that happened to me was shocking...
I HAD FORGOTEN THAT I HAD NOT MASTUBATED FOR MONTHS..secondly, the reality of his presence became a daily activity..now all I want is the holy ghost.I love him so much..THE HOLY SPIRIT IS REAL MY FRIENDS.forget what anybody told you and seek God for yourself today. this is my story,yours can be better.he loves us equally for God is no respecter of perSONS.
Re: Holyghost... by johnw74: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2015
I don't understand the praying in tongues that you talk about,
when you pray in tongues, do you know what you are saying?
Re: Holyghost... by Emteebee(m): 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2015

Re: Holyghost... by misreal(m): 9:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
johnw74:

I don't understand the praying in tongues that you talk about,
when you pray in tongues, do you know what you are saying?
1cor14:14..for if I pray in unknown tongues my spirit prayeth but my understanding is unfruitful.
Re: Holyghost... by misreal(m): 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
Emteebee:
you don't believe is inconsequential.

(1) (Reply)

Seventh Day Worshippers And Their Vegetarianism. What's The Connection Please? / The Book Of Malachi In Original Bible / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/06/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.