Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Face Of Sharia. Very Touching! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Face Of Sharia. Very Touching! (1031 Views)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / Saudi Head Of Sharia Law Orders All Christian Churches Demolished! / The Evils Of Sharia - From A Muslim Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Face Of Sharia. Very Touching! by Ndipe(m): 7:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
Femi Awodele Friday, January 30, 2009

christiancouples.org
USA

ANNOUNCE THIS ARTICLE
TO YOUR FRIENDS

IS THIS WHAT "SHARIA" IS ABOUT?

hese pictures (below left) were forwarded to me this week, and it was painful (very painful) looking through it.

advertisement

I am imperfect and I have imperfect children, in-fact my wife and I had a meeting with one of our son's teacher this weeks for deliberate break in communication (aka lying), when I ask this son why he always said "no homework" when he had home work, his reply was "I want to play", we fixed that with consequences. At the same time we challenged him on what he has learnt in bible studies, and to always remember that even when daddy or mummy is not present, God is. I remember telling a few lies when I was this son's age.

Human nature looks for the easy way out of situations, Nigerians have adapted to a culture of corruption (from government officials stealing to 419 and yahoo boys) that we have no clue how to defeat (or better still we don't want to defeat), because of poverty. The country of Iceland never had a street riot in 15 years, but the current economic turmoil has brought the people out of homes to the streets protesting against their government for days, in record setting cold weather. In America two investment bankers faked their own death (one even crashed a $2 million jet) to avoid being persecuted; they both failed and are now in police net.

When times are tough people are creative in ways of surviving, some chose good creativity, while others choose criminal ways. Law makers in responsible countries make laws to punish appropriately and also rehabilitate the offender, especially if he/she is a minor. Iran is a country that has been under economic isolation for many years because of their policies and threats, it however seems the economic blockade is not affecting the government but its populace. Anyone (Iranian) who dare challenge the government about how the populace is suffering ends up in jail.

Poverty has turned many Iranian children into street beggars and some steal to exist (I'm not condoning stealing). Rather than provide avenues to take care of these children, the custodian of government in Iran are carrying out lop sided consequences (for poor kids), what they call "Sharia Law", with the no room for grace or rehabilitation.

Bad behavior deserves appropriate consequences (perhaps this child needed a privilege taken away or some ass whooping). Laws cannot save human soul nor can it help our infirmities as humans; laws are mirrors that points out our sin. Laws are supposed to be deterrents, they never change human mind. Change comes from the heart, with gradual transformation and renewal of the mind. (For Christians, which I am one, an encounter with Christ, who died and rose for our sins, bring about the change of heart and the mind renewal). Forgiveness and grace are strong principles in Christianity. In my 17+ years as a prison clergy volunteer, I have seen the grace of God in action - today I know ex-convicts who are good citizens. A great and well known example is Dr. Chuck Olson, the founder of Prison Fellowship (In America).

I have nothing against Islam, but I do have serious problems with "Sharia" laws if the pictures below are what Sharia is about. Is this what Islam is about? I welcome comments from Muslims on this forum.

I know this for a fact; all of us reading this article (including the person holding the boy down) at his age have stolen something or told a lie, so we all should be walking around with one arm or a missing tongue.

Is this the Sharia law that Arch-Bishop Rowan (the bishop of Canterbury) said would not affect British jurisprudence?

I am not happy.

William Femi Awodele is the Executive Director of Christian Couples Fellowship International, Inc. Omaha Nebraska and a board member of Nebraska Family Council, Lincoln, Nebraska.

Ndipe's comment: Click on the link below to see the pictures. Very touching and moving. Child Abuse!

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/awodele/013009n.html
Re: Face Of Sharia. Very Touching! by olabowale(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2009
@Ndipe: Femi should change his last name from Awo meaning "Voodoo, or Oracle" to something else, first. If as a muslim, I am, I have such a horrible name, I will change it. Thank Allah, my last name start with something normal.

Now, if Femi and you and other christians think that the Islamic Republic of Iran, under its Shia operation, is the true face of Islam, I see where all of you have 'goofed."

First, Islam is a non-hyphenated religion. Allah says do not divide or separate yourselves.

As to the little boy; the prophet (AS) said that the "pen is lifted for 4 groups of people." One f those groups are youth who are have not reached puberty. There is no compulsion on them to perform any Islamic obligations, yet. So to apply sharia on them, as amputating a limb, is completely out of Islamic jurispudence, in the way the Messenger (AS) applied it.

Muhammad (AS) was the singular person who knew the Wish of Our Lord most! If he showed mercies on children in such an unpresidented fashion, then anyone who showed harshness on them had not followed Muhammad, at all.

Finally, it shows the lack of mercy and sensitivity that the people who cut the hand of this little boy have. If actually shows their lack of knowledge of the Islam, Qur'aan and the Sharia laws it contains. No wonder they, the Shia abuse the companions of the Prophet (AS), Abu Bakr, Umar Khattab, Uthman Affan (RA). Allah revealed many verses of the Qur'aan based on the actions of these noble men.

If a man insults the companion of the prophet (AS), the man has actually insulted the prophet. No wonder he will have no regards to the well beings of children, the poor and those whom are under his authority.

What Femi Awodele needs to know, before he begins to curry favors from his masters, in addition to the 3 gods he serves, is to get a Qur'aan in Yoruba, and he can better understand Islam and its Sharia laws.

You too, Ndipe. Today, there is Qur'aan in Igbo language.
Re: Face Of Sharia. Very Touching! by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 04, 2009
Na wa o. The lengths some people would go to potray muslims as bad people. Firstly, that is not the face of sharia, secondly,added to what Olabowale said, crushing limbs for stealing is not part of sharia. And lastly, It is appalling that even without confirmation about the picture and the associated story, the poster already advised the readers to 'announce this article to your friends'. Why? What do you stand to gain from propagating hatred for others with false information? I don't even know how to accurately convey the disgust I have for what the Op intended to do with this thread. Some time ago, news came to nairaland, about a pastor who claimed to be an exorcist for little children and who did different inhumane acts to those children. How would you have felt if someone went about announc.ing that pastor's acts as 'the face of christianity' and encouraging spreading it to uninformed non-christians as another recommended practice in christianity? Am exhausted. This whole thing makes me sick.
Re: Face Of Sharia. Very Touching! by Lagosboy: 9:26am On Feb 04, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-227891.0.html

This topic was pasted above and even christians called it fake or magic.

How can anyone with brains and intellect call this the face of sharia without trying to verify if this is allowed in islam. It shows the extent people would go in attacking a faith at a time when tolerance should be preached.

This is absolutely false and the guy Awodele or woteva is an embarrassment to his christian folks as he dispayed naivity in its optimum manisfetaion and ignorance at its peak. In fact he lacks any intellectual depth and very shallow in thought to have swallowed the garbage he put on Nigeria world.

@ Poster

You too should use your God given intelligence before you post a topic here and call it "very touching". You went further by extending the falshood by even calling it "face of shariah" Haba!!. Speak to your conscience and do a simple google search to see what amptution in islam is about.

(1) (Reply)

The Least Shall Be The Greatest / Prophet T.b. Joshua Did Not Predict A Third World War / Can One Context Solely Convey An "Omnipresent" God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.