Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,913 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. (493 Views)

US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) / Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) / Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:35am On Apr 27, 2015
This is advice that all of us need to read.
Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves.
In 2013 Trent Bell was shocked to find out that his friend – a husband, father of four children, and an educated professional – was sent to prison for 36 years. It haunted him to think of his friend’s decisions and loss of freedom and also of the times he could’ve turned himself around.

The pictures below are part of the Reflect project. Bell photographed inmates and fused them with letters they had written to their younger selves if they could turn back the hands of time.

“Our bad choices can contain untold loss, remorse, and regret,” the photographer explains on his website, “but the positive value of these bad choices might be immeasurable is we can face them, admit to them, learn from them and find the strength to share.”
http://www.lifebuzz.com/prison-letters/?utm_source=pm&utm_medium=trending-mobile&utm_campaign=related_test

1)“If you think something might be a bad idea, believe it! Don’t do it.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:37am On Apr 27, 2015
2)“I believe in you, so many people do, you just have to believe in yourself.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:38am On Apr 27, 2015
3)“We let drinking and drugs shatter our dreams and our potential future.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:39am On Apr 27, 2015
4)“Never lose the person you really are because it may be too late by the time you find yourself again.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:41am On Apr 27, 2015
5)“Be quick to smile, slow to anger, and treat all people with respect they deserve. That is how you will avoid becoming me.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2015
6]“Every decision you make affects everyone around you, most importantly your own future.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2015
7)Life is far from over, Jamie. The mistakes we made in the past are the mistakes we will learn from.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:43am On Apr 27, 2015
cool“You must be willing to forgive those that ask or deserve for forgiveness in order to be forgiven yourself.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:44am On Apr 27, 2015
9)“Just know that people will always try and test you, and no matter what you think, only a real man can walk away.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by ademega(m): 5:45am On Apr 27, 2015
10) “I have spent most of my life behind bars and you are worth much more than that.”

Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by Eastherbunny(m): 6:27am On Apr 27, 2015
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me to make the world better
Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by chidekings(m): 6:27am On Apr 27, 2015
How do u expect me to read it,when they are blocking my view
Re: Letters Convicts Wrote To Their Younger Selves. by succyreal(m): 7:09am On Apr 27, 2015
nice words of wisdom and warning

(1) (Reply)

The Low-grade Accessory Move From The Parts / My Father's Will / 20 Year Old Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Peckham, UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.