Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. (50119 Views)

Best 100 Companies To Work For In Nigeria - By Jobberman / List Of Companies To Send Unsolicited Application / TOP 5 Nigerian Oil Servicing Companies You May Like To Work In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lero15:
Costain West Africa though.... They can lie o undecided

Some years ago, I wanted to do Industrial Attachment there, they said they don't recruit IT interns.

Later found out one of my friends did hers there.

SMH.

They didn't deserve you.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by oseiwe(m): 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
funny list.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Lero15(m): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
Naughtysite:

They didn't deserve you.
OK
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by zub(m): 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hello house.....pls and pls i need the career website or career email of COBEL CONTRACTING NIGERIA AND ITB....i really need to foward my cv to them. Thanks
azubuike.agbarakwe@outlook.com
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Nicepoker(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
Thatts cool.........who fit connect me to one of these companies
I'm working in a civil engineering firm,but tired of my company...... cry
try military engineering firm.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by osaaaaa: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
Yinkame123:
Why was SAIPEM missed out in the list?
sorry, saipem is not a construction coy
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Chiaka(f): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
My role model remains minister of health -Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu for
systematically helping to stop the spread of Ebola in Nigeria.
Nigeria will also be declared Polio free soonest. We need more people like him!!!
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by naughtyboi419(m): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
Dt list is nt ok widout my company landmac engineering
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by AJORE(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
gbishman:
Setraco's pay sucks, they give credence no expert professionals than the Nigerian ones. I am talking from experience.
< Gud..ve you work with them b4?....my former project manager is their abuja zone Area manager ( jihad ) Lebanese guy he only has certificate in computer ... Those Lebanese are thief
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
OP, u didnt add Cappa & D'Alberto, so surprised angry undecided

its about the oldest in Nigeria, these guys are prominent and connections like madt.

Forget
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Sammiehero: 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Kinda like this
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by brainzdh(m): 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Naija get reading problem, don't crucify the OP. He said..... "Here are some of these local players that are performing exceptionally well in the construction industry in Nigeria in no particular order. "
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by olubori1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
Chiaka:
My role model remains minister of health -Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu for
systematically helping to stop the spread of Ebola in Nigeria.
Nigeria will also be declared Polio free soonest. We need more people like him!!!
How is this related to the topic?
pls dnt detail this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by ewizard1: 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
I just need contracts from these companies!

I would be glad! grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by starlingbawa(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
olaxco2f:
ok

dιd yoυ ĸnow тнaт ....

•A person generally hates you for one of this 3 reasons:
1) They want to be you.
2) They jealous you.
3) They see you as a threat.

•A 14-year-old boy once broke into Buckingham Palace and stole Queen Victoria's underwear.

•Accidentally text the wrong person ? Don't worrt, immediately put your phone on airplane mode and once it fails to deliver, delete the message!

•Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits.

•Nigeria has more English speaking people than the United Kingdom.

•John F. Kennedy was buried without his brain after it was mysteriously lost...

And lastly

•Age 4: "I love Mummy."
Age 17: "I HATE HER."
Age 20: "Mum was right"
Age 57: "I wish my Mum was still here."

sad

:]Y

I really like this piece of write up. It made so much sense to me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Duru009(m): 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
U didnt put julius berger construction. Its one of the highest pay if not the highest pay in the country. I got a friend that earns close to 1million permnth.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Bigdreams(m): 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thanks for the info OP.

Click the image below:

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by COOLDK(m): 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
What about ABKAD CONSTRUCTION WORLD LTD (ACWL), though they are new and upcoming but they perform excellently.

www.abkadconstruction.com
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nicepoker:
try military engineering firm.

Military ginni?shocked
Odikwa very risky
I prefer police.........police is your friend........make I turn your friend wink
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by maskara01: 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
I wonder what was going the mind of that dude compiling this list? Maybe he or she meant to type "top 5 up coming" construction companies or "list of rejuvenated" construction companies!

A list that does not have the following

Julius Berger
CCECC
Cappa D'Alberto
Arab Contractors
Saipem
Hitech

How many of those companies listed in this thread are currently working on any meaningful Job as of now? What's their track record?

Please...get your facts right.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by maskara01: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Duru009:
U didnt put julius berger construction. Its one of the highest pay if not the highest pay in the country. I got a friend that earns close to 1million permnth.

N1m/month!!! Nigerians can lie! Generally construction companies are worst paid in the country.

How much does JB pay an Architect? Lol...

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by maskara01: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Duru009:

N1m/month!!! Nigerians can lie! Generally construction companies are worst paid in the country.

How much do JB pay an Architect? Lol...
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by expozey(f): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
Where you come put julius berger na?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by whatofyou: 8:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
expozey:
Where you come put julius berger na?

I thought the list was about five indigenous construction companies in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by ilori1930(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
whatofyou:

I thought the list was about five indigenous construction companies in Naija.
Is Costain West Africa an indigenous company too?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by EsperaSoft: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
ayo20:
Noted...what about ccecc

CCECC gini? O boy their salary no follow again o
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by saintaustine(m): 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hi-tech Construction Company, Ought To Be On The List.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by brianromel(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
Having worked for some of these firms and in the construction field a while back.

I would say the first poster got it right but with out costain and some others.

You need to divide the list by what area the different construction firms handle.

Whether they are

Structural based
Mechanical and electrical based.

Currentily

Morgan omonitun and chase stand as a first go to for structural jobs.

While Elalan faces both some times but are core structural based

MOA bruneli megawatts electriiks have been known to dabble into structural too but their core business are M&E.

One should not forget the facility management firms also, firms like

Provast(part of the Elalan group)
AB facilities
Are other firms to watch for.

But the list of firms on all three areas are large and new names keep popping up daily.

If one wants a career in constructions and with these firms. One first has to consider where on fits and what want can do for these firms and not just flinging cv's at them and hoping for the best.

I know Elalan, A B facilities, bruneli and a lot of others recruit on a daily basis depending on the constructions or services they are currently handling.

If you have experience/background in facility management, metal works, fitting installations, piping, safety, or just your basic laborer skills. Then there is a chance if you send your cv, the might call you for one of their projects.

But to get it right, always check that these companies have projects their currently handling
E. G sign boards outside a new project development around the island and other place, then copy details and mail or call asking if they need your skills.

Because that's when they are usually recruiting. Also check that your skill matches what the company is handling on the project. E. G Morgan Omonitun (structural), you skill payloader or bobcat operator.

That's how I got my first job with one of the major construction firms.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by brianromel(m): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
People say architecture jobs in Julius Berger. Please ask yourselves why would jb recruit architects.

From working with contract firms that work with jb I have come to understand that that job is usually outsourced to architectural firms internationally, locally to a few firms like James Cubitt

Big firms like Costain and jb only handle structural thousands road building and building carcass.

When a project is sited for development jobs are alloted to various firms.

Architectural
Structural
M&E

Find the area you role or skill fits and search and apply accordingly.

Don't waste your time going after the wrong firm with the wrong role.

E. G architect applying to structural firm, cappa dlbarto, jb, costain. Erong

Mechanical applying in an architectural firm, wrong

Most times you won't get a reply.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 28, 2015
osaaaaa:
construction salary in Nigeria is a ruse
well..not only in Nigeria. civil engineering is one of the least paid engineering discipline in the world even though it's one of the most dynamic.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 28, 2015
osaaaaa:

sorry, saipem is not a construction coy
well. it is, Saipem is an Engineering, procurement and construction company that operates in the oil and gas sector. While the likes of Julius berger operates in the building and road construction sector.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Lagos State Graduate Internship Program 2017 / Why Are Nigerians Scared Of G.N.L.D / Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.