Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,039 members, 7,953,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners (32405 Views)

Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? / 15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Caught My Neighbour's Kids Having Sex...should I Tell Their Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by gospi: 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
People get married for various reasons. A lot of reasons people get married for won't be revealed to their partners even wen asked trust me, cos wen u know d real reason ur partner is marrying or agreeing to marry U, you mite not just wana go ahead.

You would hear reasons like, I need a companion,because I love him/her bla bla bla...

While these mite be true ,deep down are som reasons u don't want to hear...which are possibly d main reasons she is accepting ur proposal or why d guy is proposing...
Here ;

1.For Ladies ;THE WEDDING CEREMONY

Hmmmm. This happens especially wen ladies attend dia friend's wedding ceremony, they love the whole paparazzi..wearing wedding gowns, people gathering for their sake,reception,everybody is looking at me, snapping pictures.d whole PARTY TINGy... Forgetin dat d weddin ceremony lasts for A DAY and d marriage is (suposd) to b forever .Take dis out and a lot of ladies won't be so eager to get married...

2.Guys:THEY NEED A HELPER ( Especially a house help)
Hmm. 90 percent of African Men get married for this reason. A guy goes to work comes back and there is no food .. He tells himself "mehn I need a wife" No dear.. U need a cook. Most guys will propose when they seee u as someone that can cook very well, sweep d house, wash dia clothes,wash dia plates...name dem...all oda tins are secondary to dem...
Guys untill you stop mistaking the word "HELPER" for "HOUSE HELP" ,I guess we hav a long way to go in marriage.

3.For both guys and ladies : THEIR PARENTS WON'T LET THEM BE.
This reason tho... If not for parental pressure a lot of singles won't be so eager for marriage..
You hear singles say "my mother has told me that if I don't want her to die bfor her time den I should get married",So dis guys goes out searching for Her for dat reason,not like dats wat he would hav done if left alone by parents.
D lady also accepts d guys proposal and inside her she's like very "Wow at last my mum won't die bfor her time "!!!
Marriages like dis do not last.As much as we Love our parents let's be careful not to let them push us into tins we ar not ready for.

4. For guys and ladies: KIDS
Minus kids ,like 80 percent of singles wll still remain Singles for life but because they want kids and they want them to grow up wit a mother or father ,hence dey want to get married.
As much as I acknowledge the fact that kids are very important,that shouldn't be the topmost reason for getting married...What if the kids don't even come?

5.For guys and ladies (especially guys);SEX
We all know that a lot of guys don't joke with sex,for so many if not for sex they won't get married. For ladies who love sex so much :they want to get married and have legal sex.
Yea I know a lot of people hav sex dese days witout getting married..But som feel guilty after d act cos they know its not right.
So to hav sex and feel good about it they want to get married.
Sex shouldn't be ur top most priority for marriage, U would hav lots and lots of it wen married and with time u wll understand that there is more to marriage than just sex.

There are several other reasons like
All my friends are getting married,Menopause getting close to menoSTOP(lol)...,money etc

Like I said earlier don't expect to hear dis reasons from people when you ask..
Very few people marry for companionship,for love or because of what they want to give.
Almost everyone is about what they want to get from the other person and what marriage offers.

If I think about WHAT I WANT TO GIVE in marriage and you think about WHAT u want to give ...Why won't marriage work?

Selfishness kills try being Selfless at least sometimes.

So for singles ;Why do you want to get married?
For the married: Why did U get married?
Abeg talk true cheesy

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by initiate: 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
Aint these reasons good enough for you?

from your post, if I marry I get
a helper to take care of domestic needs;
no more disturbance from parents, families, colleagues at work, sisters in church, small girls in the area who want to buy phone
I have kids to carry on my name and to play with and to inherit my billions
and assurance of sex everynight

so wats wrong with that? more than good enough reason to get married. in fact if you don't get this then wats the poit?

25 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by gospi: 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
initiate:
Aint these reasons good enough for you?
U mean if a lady tells u "baby d only reason I am accepting ur proposal is cos my mum won't get off my case.." U wll b like "grin ok no prablem let's go ahead" grin.
U havnt said y wana get married smiley

9 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by KanwuliaJara: 4:42am On Apr 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 28, 2015
True
Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by gospi: 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
tpiadotcom:
What is with nairaland and nutjobs.

This one even named his or herself, gossip.

Shame nor dey.
I know u ar not blind smiley
Its "gospi" not gossip

12 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by jamex93(m): 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
na wa o

this your points contains bad reasons than good oo
Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by josephobaro(m): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
strolling
Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by DollyParton1(f): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
[size=18pt]For a badass, leg curling, eyes rolling, heart pounding, body twitching, explosive (morally right) sex[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lol...my plane is huge and complex. So steering it alone can be boring. I need a co-pilot. But not just any co-pilot, I need a very capable one. Preferably someone with 20/20 vision like me. That way we can conquer everything in our line of sight. cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by gospi: 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
Yayyyyyyyyyyy! FP cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Chris95(m): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
grin - I luv dis smiley die! It can ansa 2 anyfn! Damn! Y dnt I av dis on my watsapp.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by spongeisback: 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
Love and companionship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
[size=34pt]I GO FOR SEX[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
Baseless reasons
Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by BTT(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
Just wanted to get married. For whatever reason imaginable.
Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Trailblazer1(m): 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
undecided
Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by millionboi(m): 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sex

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by ednut1(m): 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
most nigerians gals marry nowadays to escape poverty grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by beek: 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
some get married cos of financial security even if their partner looks like a frog as long as d money is there no probs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Matttthew(m): 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
All those er baseless n pointless....
Having good reason would be better like....
To promote God love
His existence
To get a real second.... A real helping hand, an advicer.. A prayer one... The one dah encourage.....

Everything no b sex or materialistic now..... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Social status
So the lady will stop being referred to as 'that spinster'
Or people will stop thinking she has spiritual problems angry

7 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
nah

These reasons are not secrets.

You should have said something like
* financial security
*social status
*sympathy/ pity

Etc

5 Likes

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by Ushiefrank(m): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
gospi:

I know u ar not blind smiley
Its "gospi" not gossip

Lolz I bliv u blind man can not comment
Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by MrBasketball: 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nigerian girl marries nowadays to feel among.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners by lammnora: 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
i dont get

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking / Roles In The 'nigerian' Family / Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.