Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:42 AM

Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? (27507 Views)

Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / Blind Couple Who Have Been Married For 40 Years Tell Their Love Story / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by oloyede252(m): 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
sequence to this thread " Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands?.many females are of the opinion that husband's have No business with their wife salaries, which now beg the question "Do You Think Married men should tell their wife how much they earn"

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
Of course! The husband/wife has every right to know

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by eitsei(m): 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Of course! The husband/wife has every right to know
that means your husband also has same rights to know how much you earn

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
Different couples, different arrangements. I personally would want to know how much he earns and will also let him know of my earnings. I plan to have some sort of joint account with my spouse where we'll probably deposit agreed amounts monthly that will be used to settle common expenses. Separate to our own individual personal accounts.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 18, 2016
1bkaye:
Different couples, different arrangements. I personally would want to know how much he earns and will also let him know of my earnings.

Marry a modern man with a very good heart then.
Many Nigerian men the minute they find out their wives have money they assume it is now time to share financial responsibilities 50/50 but these men will never ever decide to share child care and house keeping 50/50.
No. Na the wife work be that.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by eyinjuege: 6:11am On Oct 18, 2016
Well, most men that don't want wahala will let their wives know how much they earn, otherwise the expectations will be too much.
Most people assume you earn more than you actually do and make unreasonable demands.
If as a man your salary isn't so great, and you can hardly keep up with payments, you had better let your wife know and face the reality. Her expectations and demands won't be unreasonable, and within your salary scale.
Some men even hand over their salaries to their wives. She supplements it with her own to run the house, pay household bills, school fees and all what not.
Though if you earn so much monthly, you can still get away with not letting her know cos you can always meet all demands. In fact, you see some really rich guys who live moderately, drive small cars, stays in a nice but small apartment who don't like an ostentatious lifestyle. Their wives will even be pitying them that they're demanding too much, not knowing they're wealthy cheesy.
But all in all, its a good idea to let your spouse know your earnings so you can all plan your spendings wisely.
She knowing how much you earn doesn't mean she's gonna be in charge of your finances especially if you don't trust her spending habits.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by sisisioge: 7:19am On Oct 18, 2016
Absolutely!
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:

Many Nigerian men the minute they find out their wives have money they assume it is now time to share financial responsibilities 50/50 but these men will never ever decide to share child care and house keeping 50/50.
Lol definitely, I actively try to screen out and then avoid guys with that mindset, it's only fair on both of us that there's a balance of duties i.e. if financial responsibilities are say 30/70 I expect a fair ratio balancing that out to be reflected in other things

1 Like

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Akposb(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2016
Seriously questions like this make one wonder what sort of expectations that people of this present age have on entering marriage. Salary on any ground shouldn't be a secret. Any attempt to make it so could be a recipe for trust issues. Marry someone you can call a companion so that you don't have to consider such issue like this as an option.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Tinalex(f): 8:14am On Oct 18, 2016
Its not a must,in so far as he takes care of the bills in the home. what do I need the amount he earns for?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 18, 2016
oloyede252:
sequence to this thread " Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands?.many females are of the opinion that husband's have No business with their wife salaries, which now beg the question "Do You Think Married men should tell their wife how much they earn"

When did TENDER and TELL become synonyms?

The problem wasn't telling, the problem was/is tendering all the money she worked for all through the month to her horseband.
So, go edit you topic_ Should a husband tender his salary to his wife? The keyword here is TENDER!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by jashar(f): 9:22am On Oct 18, 2016
kai!!!!!!!

lemme not say what is on my mind.............
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by oloyede252(m): 9:23am On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:

you believe a man has No business with his wife salary because he will share financial responsibility 50/50 while child care and house keeping will not be shared equally. my question is how is it possible to share child care equally

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2016
oloyede252:

you believe a man has No business with his wife salary because he will share financial responsibility 50/50 while child care and house keeping will not be shared equally. my question is how is it possible to share child care equally

Wake up at night to carry crying baby as often as your wife does it, bathe and dress kids, clean and change diaper, prepare pap/baby formula to feed since you can't breastfeed, play with them when they are crying of boredom, take them to hospital when they are ill, take them to school and bring them back when they close from school, assist them with homework, teach them how to handle bullies, teach them how to do housework to help out at home, discipline them properly when they misbehave etc

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by cococandy(f): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Exactly
PaperLace:

The problem wasn't telling, the problem was/is tendering all the money she worked for all through the month to her horseband.
So, go edit you topic_ Should a husband tender his salary to his wife? The keyword here is TENDER!
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by oloyede252(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:

Wake up at night to carry crying baby as often as your wife does it, bathe and dress kids, clean and change diaper, prepare pap/baby formula to feed since you can't breastfeed, play with them when they are crying of boredom, take them to hospital when they are ill, take them to school and bring them back when they close from school, assist them with homework, teach them how to handle bullies, teach them how to do housework to help out at home, discipline them properly when they misbehave etc
so now tell me if you have seen any man not doing all that for his child?
you speak as if most Nigerian men are not caring. wtf if your father or any of your relatives is not doing that for his child you don't need to make silly generalization.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by oloyede252(m): 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
PaperLace:

there is No need to edit the topic. the topic was based on the various comments from the thread not the thread itself.many female have the opinion that husband's have No business with wife salaries. and going by that it will be equally acceptable to say wife have No business with her man salary. this the basis for the thread.

so make comment based on the topic.thank you

4 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by oloyede252(m): 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
cococandy:
Exactly
exactly? please make comment based on the topic.

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
oloyede252:

so now tell me if you have seen any man not doing all that for his child?
you speak as if most Nigerian men are not caring. wtf if your father or any of your relatives is not doing that for his child you don't need to make silly generalization.

First of all respect yourself and don't bring any of my parents up again because I can equally bring yours up and insult them if you try me.
Secondly no, Nigerian men do not take care of children to the same extent their wives do. They only pitch in occasionally or only when they don't have a choice but to assist. Denying that fact all you want doesn't stop it from being true.
The typical Nigerian man will never agree that he and his wife have equal responsibilities towards home based child care.

30 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by cococandy(f): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
oloyede252:

exactly? please make comment based on the topic.
Comprehension issues

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by eitsei(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:

all these to me are just normal things even though not yet married I play with kids, pet them and help out with their homework because I like kids.. I don't see how it's going to be a problem when it's going to be my own child

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by oloyede252(m): 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
cococandy:
Comprehension issues
lol. you gat issues

1 Like

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by oloyede252(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:

First of all respect yourself and don't bring any of my parents up again because I can equally bring yours up and insult them if you try me.
Secondly no, Nigerian men do not take care of children to the same extent their wives do. They only pitch in occasionally or only when they don't have a choice but to assist. Denying that fact all you want doesn't stop it from being true.
The typical Nigerian man will never agree that he and his wife have equal responsibilities towards home based child care.
there is No need for insult..I see, child care is your main problem.in an average family anywhere in the world women do More than men in taking care of their children so I don't see it as a Nigerian problem.
what your problem with Nigerian men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by TheArchangel(f): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
oloyede252:
there is No need for insult..I see, child care is your main problem.in an average family anywhere in the world women do More than men in taking care of their children so I don't see it as a Nigerian problem.
what your problem with Nigerian men.
Same thing na, if child care = 70 :30
Then bills should be split 30:70. Nobody should cheat the other. Period.

15 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by oloyede252(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
TheArchangel:
Same thing na, if child care = 70 :30
Then bills should be split 30:70. Nobody should cheat the other. Period.
I don't care if they split bills 30/70 or 50/50.my question is that should men tell their wife how much they earn as the women believe their husband does not have any business with their salaries.

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by TheArchangel(f): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
oloyede252:

I don't care if they split bills 30/70 or 50/50.my question is that should men tell their wife how much they earn as the women believe their husband does not have any business with their salaries.
OK. Noted.
Moving on to the next thread......

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Fairgodwin(m): 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
No, they shouldn't.
Yes, they should.

I sincerely think this question is a no-brainer.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by grownaira: 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Yes.
Why not?
She's your wife for God's sake and not your gf. The (future) mother of your kids.

Meanwhile, for your livestock feed production, pls contact us for your good quality soyabean cake and groundnut cake. Direct from factory. Good price.
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by carlosta: 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
So she will start calculating how much you've been spending on her? You earn 2m in a month and buy her handbag of 2k you think she will be happy with that knowledge. That's bad for business. Only spells doom

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by abike12(f): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ideally , both members of a household should be aware of the household income so as to adjust expectations, make plans and for budgeting purposes. Some marriages work well in less than ideal situations. Personally, I would need to know to before marriage (he will also know mine) and also because in this system you can't run a household or file taxes without that information.

4 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by hectorswag(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
What if I'm a business man with multiple streams of income and my monthly earnings isn't a fixed amount and with high and low margins?

She will tire to find out grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by AreTheyBitches(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
1bkaye:
Different couples, different arrangements. I personally would want to know how much he earns and will also let him know of my earnings. I plan to have some sort of joint account with my spouse where we'll probably deposit agreed amounts monthly that will be used to settle common expenses. Separate to our own individual personal accounts.

seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships / Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.