Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? (3573 Views)

A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics / Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) / Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
Please is it permitted for an engineering graduate to refer to him/herself with the title 'Engr.' without registering with COREN and/or NSE?
Re: Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? by Corinthians(f): 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
No,

You must have been certified by NSE or COREN before you can call yourself "Engineer"
Re: Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
Corinthians:
No,

You must have been certified by NSE or COREN before you can call yourself "Engineer"
Thank you. That was what I thought until i went to a school of recent & the principal was boasting of having an engineer as their jet club tutor.
On introducing the person to me I discovered he was my two-year junior colleague in the university. I didn't talk sha but I was a little amused. I was expecting a registered engineer cheesy
Re: Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
0rex:

Thank you. That was what I thought until i went to a school of recent & the principal was boasting of having an engineer as their jet club tutor.
On introducing the person to me I discovered he was my two-year junior colleague in the university. I didn't talk sha but I was a little amused. I was expecting a registered engineer cheesy

He wanted to impress you.
Re: Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
westmest:

He wanted to impress you.
grin
Re: Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? by somtoto(m): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
you can't use "engr" but u can use "engine" for now.....until u are certified by COREN

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
somtoto:
you can't use "engr" but u can use "engine" for now.....until u are certified by COREN
cheesy yes oo
Re: Can A Graduate Engineer Use The Title 'engr' Before His/her Name? by Tinkinguy(m): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2015
The principal can do that, it doesn't mean anything, at least that is his understanding.
unless the guy in question addresses himself as a registered engineer, then there comes the problem.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Scary Times For Banks Temporary Staff - GT Bank Letter To Staff / Can A Science Student Study Business Admin/Mgt In Germany? / ICAN MAY 2016 Diet(professional Level)....lets Rub Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.