Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

What Type Of 'school' Is Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Type Of 'school' Is Marriage? (580 Views)

If You Don't Have This Type Of Aunty In Your Family, Then You're Missing Alot / Is Marriage Compulsory? / What Will You Do If You Walk Into This Type Of Situation? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of 'school' Is Marriage? by jearile(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
She said "you are too nice not to be faking it. I thought guys like you have become extinct because frankly it's like forever since the last time I met a 'perfect' gentleman."
Then I replied, "there's something called 'training yourself for the future'. You don't wish to be a good father/husband because if you are not a good man, you cannot be a good husband/father - you can't give what you don't have. So if I want to be a good husband, I must start now by being a good man - 'perfect' gentleman."

Thinking outloud - My humble opinion:
Marriage is a 'school', the preacher said and many more preachers will keep saying but notwithstanding, personally I think they are not referring to a 'kindergarten school' - it's not a creche. You know, I believe it's even bigger than a "high school" because you don't get the kind of freedom from your parents like the one you get in college; so I believe it should be seen as a College that you've made up your mind not to graduate from save death. While some went through Jamb (courting, in the right sense of it) before marriage, others went through common entrance exam (dating, as in, I see you today, sleep with you tomorrow) before marriage. The issues that come up in marriage are way too complex to be term as "subject". The appropriate term that match these issues is "course". In marriage, we expect our spouses to have had at least no matter how little an idea about how a 'school' is - the husband knows his responsibilities and the wife knows her responsibilities. Listen, this is not a prayer but a fact; if you think it's a kindergarten kind of school these preachers are talking about, marriage will certainly bore you but it's never too late for you to redefine that thought because not everyone will appreciate a wife or husband that lacks knowledge of his/her duties. You allow your husband to ask for his meal and when he does, you say "honey, please help yourself in the kitchen" because you are watching Telemundo - just one month old marriage. When he gives you money, he expects you to know what to do with it especially when it's for the family. In kindergarten, they teach you everything but in college it's really the opposite; more often than not, what they do is called lecturing. They expect you to have got some level of maturity and strength - you don't cry or run away over every little thing that hurts. That you paid her bride price does not make her your 'property', she's your life partner. She shouldn't just be seen as the mother of your children but as your wife. Men please let's know this.
In nutshell, a better way to put it will be: marriage is a 'school' not meant for boys and girls. It is meant for men and women who already know (in considerable extent) and are still willing and ready to know more than they do from their spouse and emulate genuine neighbours (who can be liken to fellow college mates - married people)... Learn to forgive, learn to appreciate, learn to compromise, learn to apologise, learn to tolerate, learn to plan, learn to live your size, learn to hold on to love, learn to stay together and happily forever, and most importantly learn to depend on God in your marriage - a family that prays together, stay bonded forever.
A woman beater is still a boy; a man that engages in throwing tantrums with a woman, is still a matured boy... Any woman that depends on a man, even for recharge card, is still a girl; a woman that easily insults and rude to a fault is still a matured girl.

Let's embrace knowledge. God frowns at divorce. Married men and women praying to be single again is enough. Heaven is tired of hearing such prayer point.

CHANGE is the only constant thing. Change for the best - it begins now!

Copyright 2015 - Sir Jerry.com
I Listen! I Think!! I Learn!!! - That's my signature
Re: What Type Of 'school' Is Marriage? by rudebouy: 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
Dis is such a nice piece.

I neva marry oh, but Wow!

Thumbs up men!
Re: What Type Of 'school' Is Marriage? by KanwuliaJara: 3:48am On Apr 28, 2015
Continuing education! cheesy
Re: What Type Of 'school' Is Marriage? by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 28, 2015
Adult education. smiley
Re: What Type Of 'school' Is Marriage? by eleojo23: 5:35am On Apr 28, 2015
Marriage is a school where you get your certificate on admission even before you write any exam.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? / How I Escaped Divorce / Some Beautiful Untold Moments!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.