Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body (38091 Views)

Total Blackout At A Ward In LUTH As Nurse Uses Torchlight On Her Head 2 Work(pix / Musician Plays His Saxophone While Surgeons Remove His Brain Tumour / See How Surgeons Transform Penis Into A Vagina For Transexxuals (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol how ironic.
I joined Nl because I wanted to be part of the romance section, but I can't stand that place anymore....thanks to those kids and jambites Lol they talk nonsense and there is absolutely nothing to gain or learn in there except for the few annoying-hilarious threads Lol
Let just ease daily stress...politics section is very Nice oo ..If We remove d fight...nairaland improved my writting skills,when nairaland was still for only sane people
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lifebender:

Hmmmmmm.Ok u got my attention.
Go back,read all my post on this thread,then tell mii the effect of anesthesia on patient,after that come here and post something sensible.I'd av called u names(bastard got mii,its a ref to ones moma).But i found ur mums lesson missing in your life,.And if u're too lazy to go thru the thread again,click on my profile,then my post and then,read the ones that has to do with this thread.After that go google the effects of anesthesia for surgery(including CO2).Thk u.

[size=18pt]And dont you EVER,EVER i say quote mii on #land again.Tis a warning[/size]
rubbish! you compared me to a bi1tch first because i was trying to tell ur ignorant self the concept of anaesthasia. Now i paid u back in ur own coin and ur all over d thread crying foul like a 2months old baby.. first to do no dey pain na.. grin Now, who's mum's lesson is missing in his life?

And yeah i quoted you.. do ur fccking worst.. mtcheww
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by shawnfamous(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
drnoel:

Are u minding them. The scenerio he gave can not even be seen in a bollywood or nollywood movie. Even tales by moonlight will refuse such a script.
abi oooo! Jst hear story ooo! Person jst go fabricate 1 story cm gv us
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DBestDoc(f): 2:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
50calibre:

Shut up!! Can you and all the other ignoramuses on this thread shut the fuc*k up!! I get tired of seeing simpletons on this forum propagate ignorance.

Except it was just a superficial or non-invasive surgery on the chest, it is safe to assume that it was a heart or lung surgery. In that case, it is a major procedure which requires the patient be generally anaesthetised and intubated.

However, It is possible to perform major surgeries while the patient retains some level of consciousness. Typically, the patient will have to be heavily sedated to a point where they're just on the edge of consciousness... They can respond to basic commands, but nothing on the scale of holding a torch light into one's own chest while surgery is performed (are you insane?)

This is complex procedure which requires a higher degree of sophistication, one a hospital which can't provide steady electricity, most certainly don't have.

I thought you knew better oo. May be you should start by defining what SURGERY is.
From the OP, the region of the body where the surgery was carried out wasn't specified. From your definition, cardiothoraciic surgery is the only kind that qualifies as surgey to you. grin

Any part of the body can be operated on, it is invasive if an incision is made and non-invasive when other procedures that require minimal cut are employed. For all we know, it could be a not so bloody and uncomplicated procedure that was performed on the OP's friend.

Personally, i've had a procedure performed on me, i was awake all through chatting with the surgeons and asking questions. Lidocaine was used as the Anaesthesia, it was injected around that region and i even had to call their attention when it started wearing off so more dose was given and i left right after the whole ish...

I decided to use my personal experience as an example and not some other patient's.....its very possible for a patient undergoing surgery to help out in the process if its not gona disrupt the procedure....

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
kinglekan:

U bera don't allow that silly boi called Ipledge play mind games with you.

Haha please I'm confused grin

Ipledge please can you defend this? Lol
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Baby i get many haters...If false ask lala247
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ipledge:

Bro welcome to my world cheesy
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by kinglekan: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

He can't oooo!! I knw him vewi well. Don't let him cajole u with sweet words.

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by kinglekan: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Ipledge:

Mirexxx come and see ipledge oooo!! Caught in the act again. grin
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Please tell her
Lala247:

Bro welcome to my world cheesy
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
kinglekan:

Mirexxx come and see ipledge oooo!! Caught in the act again. grin
Tell me a girl u want,i will give her to u and u must leave me alone
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by drnoel: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
DBestDoc:

Why do you think it's not real? From your username, i'm guessing you are a medical personnel. But your statement reeks of ignorance.

No offence intended.

Lol no offense taken but if u only knew better u would know it's not true. Besides my username has nothing to do with my profession but my initials.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by kay1one2(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
shawnfamous:
[sup][/sup] anaesthesia ko appendicitis ni

Are you being paid to embarrass yourself? !

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by drnoel: 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
DonX001:

Are you any form of doctor by any chance, or any form of medical or paramedical personnel, or a student in that field?
I'd like to know what you do, if you are.

So that if I tell u, u would look 4 another stuff 2 say shey. My profession is not important here unless u are looking 4 professional advice. Just know the OPs scenerio reeks of ließ and made up tales. If u doubt then pls ask the OP to state what type of surgery his friend had?
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by kinglekan: 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ipledge:
Tell me a girl u want,i will give her to u and u must leave me alone

*whispers* Missclasssy!!

tongue
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lol d chic sending ppl to me left right n centre lol shes hurt men .. @ kingkekan
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by kay1one2(m): 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
drnoel:

Are u minding them. The scenerio he gave can not even be seen in a bollywood or nollywood movie. Even tales by moonlight will refuse such a script.

If you get a brain you won't die!

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by drnoel: 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
DBestDoc:

I thought you knew better oo. May be you should start by defining what SURGERY is.
From the OP, the region of the body where the surgery was carried out wasn't specified. From your definition, cardiothoraciic surgery is the only kind that qualifies as surgey to you. grin

Any part of the body can be operated on, it is invasive if an incision is made and non-invasive when other procedures that require minimal cut are employed. For all we know, it could be a not so bloody and uncomplicated procedure that was performed on the OP's friend.

Personally, i've had a procedure performed on me, i was awake all through chatting with the surgeons and asking questions. Lidocaine was used as the Anaesthesia, it was injected around that region and i even had to call their attention when it started wearing off so more dose was given and i left right after the whole ish...

I decided to use my personal experience as an example and not some other patient's.....its very possible for a patient undergoing surgery to help out in the process if its not gona disrupt the procedure....

Pls don't mind that simpleton who u quoted that was talking rubbish. Someone is undergoing a cardiothoracic surgery and is awake enof to hold torch light. [size=38pt]That's the biggest lie of the century [/size]
Then again it's only on NL that one hears such ambiguous lies.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by drnoel: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
kay1one2:

If you get a brain you won't die!

Aro is not far from where u stay.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
DBestDoc:

Can you please explain your statement?
D guy was very high on anaesthesia wen he imagined all that
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
This bullshit must stop. Vote for me.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ipledge:
Hummm many haters or many gfs? angry angry angry
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
kinglekan:

He can't oooo!! I knw him vewi well. Don't let him cajole u with sweet words.

Hummmm....
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol whispers [size=4pt]many gfs[/size]
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Who are u going to believe me or him? cry cry
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DonX001: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
drnoel:

So that if I tell u, u would look 4 another stuff 2 say shey. My profession is not important here unless u are looking 4 professional advice. Just know the OPs scenerio reeks of ließ and made up tales. If u doubt then pls ask the OP to state what type of surgery his friend had?

No point replying you.
Its obvious you're not a medical doctor, u're just one of those peeps that attach the name 'Dr' to their names for some form of prestige.
Or maybe you're an academic doctor in Fisheries or something, but definitely not a medical doctor.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lala247:

Lol whispers [size=4pt]many gfs[/size]
Hummmm....I thought as much sad angry
Thanks hun cry
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ipledge:
Who are u going to believe me or him? cry cry
Lol definitely him angry
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Hummmm....I thought as much sad angry
Thanks hun cry

Lol ipledge were is mirexxx
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lala247:

Lol ipledge were is mirexxx
Too bad! Guys crushing girls hearts since 1900 smh
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Too bad! Guys crushing girls hearts since 1900 smh

Lol ... But its not his fault they wont leave him alone
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol definitely him angry
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nurse And Her Mother Test Positive For Coronavirus In Epe, Lagos / See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) / Lady Dies Three Weeks After Her Sister Perished In The Ikoyi Building Collapse