Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body (38084 Views)

Total Blackout At A Ward In LUTH As Nurse Uses Torchlight On Her Head 2 Work(pix / Musician Plays His Saxophone While Surgeons Remove His Brain Tumour / See How Surgeons Transform Penis Into A Vagina For Transexxuals (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
mirexxx:
I dash her cheesy
where have u been...U didnt reply my mention,u replying this guy blackmailing me angry, is this thé love u promised cry
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Oyinayomi: 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
babeface3:
Just this evening, my landlord's son was wheeled out of the theatre and he narrated his experience:

While the operation was halfway in one of the famous private hospitals in Lagos, the generator developed fault at almost 8.30pm. A light that was part of the stretcher (or the theatre bed) probably rechargeable, switched on automatically. As the operation progressed, almost at the concluding point, the light also went dead. Then a big torch light was handed to one of the aids who struggled to get a vantage point without much success.

The light was then handed to him (patient) to hold on his chest while he lay still.

The sweat running from the chief surgeon's body was almost falling into the place being operated upon. He was wheeled out at exactly 9.30.

He told me not to mention the type of operation for some reasons.

Which way Naija, can we come out of this power problem?

. Naijiriya chai daris god o
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by mirexxx(f): 10:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ipledge:
where have u been...U didnt reply my mention,u replying this guy blackmailing me angry, is this thé love u promised cry
lol u love woman too much o
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
mirexxx:
lol u love woman too much o
am playing with her,i cant joke with u

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by babeface3: 10:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
Did you pass comprehension in secondary school l[email][/email] did you understand the post before replying. The problem guys like you have is not poverty but classified ignorance.
50calibre:

Shut up!! Can you and all the other ignoramuses on this thread shut the fuc*k up!! I get tired of seeing simpletons on this forum propagate ignorance.

Except it was just a superficial or non-invasive surgery on the chest, it is safe to assume that it was a heart or lung surgery. In that case, it is a major procedure which requires the patient be generally anaesthetised and intubated.

However, It is possible to perform major surgeries while the patient retains some level of consciousness. Typically, the patient will have to be heavily sedated to a point where they're just on the edge of consciousness... They can respond to basic commands, but nothing on the scale of holding a torch light into one's own chest while surgery is performed (are you insane?)

This is complex procedure which requires a higher degree of sophistication, one a hospital which can't provide steady electricity, most certainly don't have.

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by fejikudz(m): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
9ja sef
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by feeloscar(m): 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
shawnfamous:
Pple these days can lie jst 2 mk front page! Sm1 hu d operation is been carried on is awake and d surgeon askd him to hold torch while d operation goes on? In T.B joshua's voice! ''And The both of u re liers,u Guys deserve medals: Gold for d victim and a silver for d OP''
see ur lyk? Dem say mek u go school, u no gree see hw u d kolo. U 4 lyk no say some operatn no need mek person dey totally unconscious nah.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by ElPhoche(m): 7:33am On Apr 29, 2015
shawnfamous:
Pple these days can lie jst 2 mk front page! Sm1 hu d operation is been carried on is awake and d surgeon askd him to hold torch while d operation goes on? In T.B joshua's voice! ''And The both of u re liers,u Guys deserve medals: Gold for d victim and a silver for d OP''
Though I doubt the story, it is actually possible to be awake while you are being operated upon. Check up local anaesthesia, spinal and epidural blocks and you will understand....
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by saheed2532(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is one of the best fat burner used by body builders and female to reduce fat concentration in their system and look more healthy http://­ www.t5fatburners.com.ng/?t_id=SaheedUthman

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nurse And Her Mother Test Positive For Coronavirus In Epe, Lagos / See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) / Lady Dies Three Weeks After Her Sister Perished In The Ikoyi Building Collapse