Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

How To Design A Site That Can Accept Scratch Cards? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Design A Site That Can Accept Scratch Cards? (1315 Views)

I Need A Good Payment Processor That Can Accept ATM Payment On My Site / Didyouknow You Can Accept Payments Like Visa On Your Site With Netpay.com.ng / Help! How Do I Generate Pin Codes For Scratch Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Design A Site That Can Accept Scratch Cards? by kelvin200(m): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2006
Hi everyone. I am a website designer. but dont know much on the programing aspect of it. Please my questions is " what kind of programming language can i use to programme a website that will funtion like WAEC website"? I want the site to be able to use scratch cards. Please help. Thanks.
Re: How To Design A Site That Can Accept Scratch Cards? by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2006
You clearly lack the knowledge to create such a site, because you're not even asking the right question.

Why not ask a programmer to do it for you?
Re: How To Design A Site That Can Accept Scratch Cards? by mj(m): 8:38am On Sep 12, 2006
I'm still learning programming but I can give u the Idea of how it works.All the serial no. and pin code of the scartch cards have been entered in the data base,the script was writing like these.the cards should use the same serial no and pin code entered in the data base and it should allow to log in for 5times only with the same user(exam no.).I hope these help me.
Re: How To Design A Site That Can Accept Scratch Cards? by kambo(m): 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2006
u'll need a knowledge of 'regular expressions', me think ,
u'll accept the string of numbers entered by the user,
match it against the regular expression , and if its ok, u give a node and permit access,
the regular expression has to be tight! to prevent hacker attack-
and u'll sure git hackers testing the strength of ur security system.
Re: How To Design A Site That Can Accept Scratch Cards? by Bossman(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2006
As posted above, you must have a repository/database that  will hold your key/value pairs. Then when the user accesses your website you check your DB for a matching entry.

Any programming language can be used to achieve something like this. There might even be some packages out there that you can purchase. So, all you will need is a DB that contains your values. You can easily program how many tries you will give the user if there is no entry, and so on.

You need to first spec out what you are trying to achieve in plain english then post it here, then we will be able to provide better suggestions.
Re: How To Design A Site That Can Accept Scratch Cards? by kelvin22(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2006
Thank you guys for your kind effort to reply to this post. I m planning to go into programming soon. But I m starting with BASIC first. I just got some materials from the net. I hope that I will move futher if I finish with BASIC. I becomibg in love wqith programming. Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Web Design/multimedia/graphic Jobs In Lagos / The Agent Of Change Forum / Vacancy: Paid Moderators Needed On My Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.