Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! (33074 Views)

Dalung Redeploys Senior Sports Ministry Officials / Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 / Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by chyket(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:

I believe after the scrapping and merging, the following ministries should exist:
1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
6. Energy (merger of petroleum and Power)
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs
Constitutionally now,the minimum numbers of Ministries we can have is 36 because the constitution specifies that we must have a minister from each state of the federation.
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by PassingShot(m): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2015
sazycul:
please lets be mindful the way we talk about buhari before he bars nairaland forum.
Buhari to scrap nairaland and merge it with linda ikeji blog.
we never see anything

Ignorance is a serious disease.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by zomoears(m): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:

I believe after the scrapping and merging, the following ministries should exist:
1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs

Modify no 14. Information and communication

Additional;

16. Mines and industry
17. Social Welfare(women affairs and youth)
18. Power should be separated from petroleum.
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by dannex(m): 9:47am On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:

1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs
haa! What of ministry of Niger Delta? Make una no find trouble o.
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by agabaI23(m): 9:49am On Apr 28, 2015
omenka:
Absolutely!! I'd like to see the Pilgrimage Board scrapped as well. They serve to purpose to me.
This is one thing I will like to see. Anyone who wants to be religious should not involve the state.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by discusant: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2015
sazycul:
please lets be mindful the way we talk about buhari before he bars nairaland forum.
Buhari to scrap nairaland and merge it with linda ikeji blog.
we never see anything

Western Education is Haram has taken over Nigeria, but some people don't know yet.

Nigerians may return to the era where Nigerians had no mobile phone network while market women from Ghana, T ogo, and Cotonou had.

Ban this, probe this , scrap that - no talk of creativity - all these flow from the mindset of dictatorship.

When you scrap this, ban this, how many jobs have you created? You may even end up rendering people jobless.

Above all, when you scrap and ban, how much can you build with the money saved, compared to the inconveniences your ban and scrap may cause to the citizens and the system?
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by handsometokunbo: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:

1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs

Energy and petroleum ll be too much for a minister to manage. The best thing he could do is to appoint a Minister for each ministry without all these Ministers for state for energy and all that rubbish
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari should please merge AIT with NTA! cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 28, 2015
that is commendable..... I pray God complete what he had started in Nigeria. Truly, GOOD LEADERSHIP IS THE KEY
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 28, 2015
lionduke:

Aviation and transportation are two different things, they can't be in the same ministry.
Not really.....it would be MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION ( transportation is transportation...by air,land,sea its all the same)

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2015
discusant:

Western Education is Haram has taken over Nigeria, but some people don't know yet.

Nigerians may return to the era where Nigerians had no mobile phone network while market women from Ghana, T ogo, and Cotonou had.

Ban this, probe this , scrap that - no talk of creativity - all these flow from the mindset of dictatorship.

When you scrap this, ban this, how many jobs have you created? You may even end up rendering people jobless.

Above all, when you scrap and ban, how much can you build with the money saved, compared to the inconveniences your ban and scrap may cause to the citizens and the system?
He 'barred' not 'ban'....why won't he probe...so he shld let things slide?.....ehen we shld continue running a wasteful government yeah? Smh

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:

1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs

transport
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by galadima77(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2015
satelliteDISH:

Yea! scrap them all. Baba GMB, even if u like scrap off my moniker. i no go vex as long as it is for a better Nigeria.

guy!!! u sound like a great patriot. I dey feel u joh!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by crackhouse(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:

1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs
pls how many ministries do we have now?
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Popemax(m): 10:28am On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari in English voice
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by mikolo80: 10:46am On Apr 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Could come under Health.
How does desertification and erosion come under health
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by mikolo80: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Could come under Health.
How does desertification and erosion come under health its that commerce and labour that is suspect
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by bigtt76(f): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2015
Yes o with like 3 ministers each shei - Substantive Minister - Minister of State I and Minister of State II to satisfy Federal Character naaa ...dis country sef undecided

CFCfan:

1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by folahann(m): 10:51am On Apr 28, 2015
Also the useless ministry of police affairs should be totally scrapped. Also collapse Ministry of Niger Delta into NDDC, min of petroleum into NNPC, min of sport into NSC, min of trade & investment into finance. etc
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Joeoku78: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2015
It is now nigeria have a good government after 16 yrs of profligate regime. Buhari is the man. God bless him for nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by ibnjarir93(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Well...nothing new....the DG of the NSC is already a full cabinet position...and has been for several years.
Bros you are only being disingenuous. Scrapping the position of minister of sports to avoid superfluity is something new.
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by jaybee(f): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Well...nothing new....the DG of the NSC is already a full cabinet position...and has been for several years.

Then why did the clueless one still retained the Minister of sports and all the paraphernalia of office and all support staff and the bogus ministry bureaucracy. Why duplicating office? is it to patronize some PD-Pigs?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by erico2k2(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:
It's a step in the right direction. We don't need unnecessary bureaucracy in government. I like the idea of the NSC being left alone to fashion out sports development policies for Nigeria.

The next ministry to be scrapped should be the information ministry. In its place, an official presidential press secretary should be the link between the media and the FEC meetings. The NTA and Radio should be granted greater editorial independence.

More to follow...
There goes freedom of the press.
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by bajosky: 11:46am On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:

1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs
16. NIGER DELTA
17. INFORMATION &NATIONAL ORIENTATION
18. YOUTH
19. JEGA AFFAIRS
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Bimpe29: 11:52am On Apr 28, 2015
All that will make Nigerian Project prosperous are welcome.
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by danny301: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Scrap aviation ministry also and allow the directors of the different agencies to do their things instead of appointing a minister who knows nothing next to aviation to be busy buying bullet proof cars.
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Mcleo007(m): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
onuwaje:

What about environment?

That's a needless portfolio at the Federal level... It should be limited to the states.
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:
The next ministry to be scrapped should be the information ministry. In its place, an official presidential press secretary should be the link between the media and the FEC meetings. The NTA and Radio should be granted greater editorial independence.

More to follow...
Well said bro!
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by onuwaje(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mcleo007:

That's a needless portfolio at the Federal level... It should be limited to the states.
I don't think so sir..
Den u wud say that each state shud cater for all affairs within their boundaries.. cos if a portfolio as sensitive as environment shud b scrapped den it is a matter of national security
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by Cindino20(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
CFCfan:

1. Defense
2. Foreign Affairs
3.Justice ministry
4. Finance
5. Commerce
7. Works and housing
8. Health
9. Labour
10. Education
11. FCT
12. Aviation
13. Agriculture
14. Communication
15. Internal Affairs

Science and technology?? angry
Re: Buhari To Scrap Sports Ministry! by dawtune(m): 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mcleo007:

the ministry of environment can never be scrapped and it can't be limited to the states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help On Multi Goal & Other Betting Tips / Kayode Tijani Dies In Lagos At 55 / #lampardout: Fans React After Lampard Drew First Match As Chelsea Manger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.