Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers (47011 Views)

### Do You Want Peer-to-peer or Biz Website Developed In Less Than 3 Days??? / witot netir lavagerv / Need Your WEBSITE Designed & Developed By Nigeria's No. 1 Web Solutions Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2015
“My name is Osine Ikhianosime and I am 13 years old. I am the co-developer of Crocodile Browser Lite. I write the code. My brother designs it,” Osine told TechCabal in his pitch mail.

Osine Ikhianosime is like any other any other boy his age and at the same time he isn’t. He loves playing soccer and is fascinated with learning new things, but not every 13 year old takes coding as a hobby – Osine does.

Born April 28, 2001, his interest in computers began at age 7. It was also at this age that he, along with his brother, Anesi Ikhianosime, who was 9 at the time (born June 1, 1999), came up with the idea of starting a company. First named Doors, with Microsoft’s “Windows” as inspiration, it had to be changed to BluDoors, when they discovered that the first name was already taken.

When they decided to learn to code at age 12 and 14 respectively, Osine said, “I didn’t let my uncle’s belief that it would be a tough feat to achieve stop me.” “I started with Java,” Osine said excitedly during our ensuing phone conversation.

“I learnt to code by myself. I started in 2013, I used sites like Code Academy, Code Avengers and books like ‘Android for Game Development’ and ‘Games for Dummies’,” said Anesi.

While both brothers write code, Anesi designs the user interface.

They both began developing an Android web browser, which they named Crocodile Browser Lite, about a year ago out of boredom. Due to their strong interest in technology, they decided to create a functional, fast browser for feature and low end phones because, according to them, “We were fed up with Google Chrome.”

Osine and Anesi launched the mobile browser on the Mobango app store before moving to Google Play Store to try and reach a wider audience. Their browser has around 100 to 500 downloads currently and they do not have ads in the app yet.

The brothers are Year 9 and Year 11 students of Greensprings School, Anthony Campus, Lagos.

According to their mum, Mrs Ngozi Ikhianosime, who is a Math teacher, “Oseni could already use a PC before could read, at age 3.” She says it’s all he does since he learnt to code. She also says that his school was also essential in his learning to code at such a young age, as the students have access to computer and internet facilities. At home, they each have their personal laptops.

She says of Anesi, who is in his final year of secondary school, “After Anesi is through with his secondary school education, will attend A levels, after which he will go to MIT in Boston for his first degree, because the university has the facilities he needs to learn well.”

Their father Mr Philip Ikhianosime, who is the Head of Management Services and Human Resource Manager at an Insurance Company says the boys developed interest in PC usage very early. He agrees as well that his children’s school were very instrumental in their continued interest in programming.

Anesi says that he’d like to develop another app that solves real social problems, such as traffic and communication.

The brothers are releasing a new version of Crocodile Browser Lite 3.0 this April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT-U1SCK8tk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT-U1SCK8tk&feature=youtu.be

http://techcabal.com/2015/04/23/meet-osine-and-anesi-the-nigerian-teenagers-who-built-a-mobile-web-browser/

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 28, 2015
lalasticlala:
Faba please always include your source link
tnk u sir i wil do dat

1 Like

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by DuchessLily(f): 10:46am On Apr 28, 2015
Wonderful!
Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 28, 2015
Faba:
These secondary school students taught themselves to code and, with encouragement from their parents and school, they’ve achieved something extraordinary.
Anesi and Osine Ikhianosime, 13 and 15 years old
respectively, are students of Greensprings school,
Anthony Campus, Lagos, and they developed an
Android based web browser called Crocodile Browser Lite sometime last year
That is the result you get from brilliant children going to a very good school with brilliant teachers,The moment i saw the name of the school i was not surprised anymore,that school are always producing technology gurus due to the facilities and quality education students get from there,but their school fees is damn expensive......that is why money is good..

31 Likes

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by eleojo23: 11:55am On Apr 28, 2015
The product of a supportive and conducive environment.
There are many people with a lot of potentials but because of lack of support and a conducive environment, they never get to put those potentials to use.

It is because of this that some people run to other countries where they will be able to use those potentials. You can't blame or criticize them for that. They are simply looking for a place where they will be able to do what they have passion for.
We must learn to appreciate and maximise the abilities and strengths that each individual possess by setting up structures and environments that will enable everyone to function at their best.

Any society that can do this, will be the envy of the world.

8 Likes

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by shaboti: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2015
Cool kids

2 Likes

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2015
Abeg jor...na internet crocodile we go chop
Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by james809: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2015
niceeee

1 Like

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by sweetguy26: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2015
Impressive!

1 Like

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:56am On Apr 28, 2015
Wow...

1 Like

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2015
9ja... with pride!!!

2 Likes

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by bunmioguns(m): 11:56am On Apr 28, 2015
cool
Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Eureka123(f): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Nice one kids!! The future Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates!!

4 Likes

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by ABUJA2020: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Nigerians....we will soon get there............
CHANGE IN THE AIR cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by seyizma(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Why dem come dey look as if dem commit crime

13 Likes

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Nigerians making us proud...

1 Like

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by MKO4ever(m): 11:58am On Apr 28, 2015
Good
Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by ednut1(m): 11:58am On Apr 28, 2015
oyinbo would soon come and thief dem o angry, in 20 years time u go hear, american scientists consolidate on bla bla bla (no mention of nigeria wud be there). but if na crime or drugs u go hear nigerian born immigrants grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Caracta(f): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Greensprings?

Of course cheesy

1 Like

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by seunwen2(m): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2015
crocodile kor monkey ni where Uc Web and Dolphin browser dey
Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Airforce1(m): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2015
His father is from Enugu state, his mom s from Imo state

So what does that tells you?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Middlefinger1: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
faba wia d link to download d browser, I wan test ham.
Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Ariyke: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Brilliant

2 Likes

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Na because hm go better school ni.. if to say na the school wey I go dem go dem No go even know wot computer is talkless of developing something...

1 Like

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by bodeoni: 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
They might just be the next Bill Gates and Paul allen, or Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers by holluwai(m): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
Gator browser coming...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google 2018 Most Searched Words In Nigeria / Kamuche Doris: Blogger Dies Four Days After Celebrating Her Birthday (Photo) / Mark Zuckerberg Meets With Nigerian Developers - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.