Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

To Eat Healthy Is To Eat Right. Learn Tips To Eat Right Now! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / To Eat Healthy Is To Eat Right. Learn Tips To Eat Right Now! (829 Views)

See The Snake My Friend Uncle Killed For Her To Eat (photos) / If You Were Hungry Right Now, What Meal Will You Pick? (photo) / Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Eat Healthy Is To Eat Right. Learn Tips To Eat Right Now! by diet234: 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
The weekend is over and it is with no doubt, that a whole lot of people have ate food portions meant for 3 people at one go (unfortunately, including me). As we all already know, the description of our West African cusine is “heavy on starch, ‘mega’ heavy on meat and generous in fat”.

But, let’s take a closer look on our food portion sizes; In Africa, we are known for our ‘open house’ mentality and extraordinary sense of hospitality – we tend to prepare for unexpected guests by cooking for masses. And in our bid to ensure everyone is well fed, when they turn up we dish up very large portions. On the receiving end, as guests, our native hospitality demands we finish everything on our plates – this can program us to eat more than we need. Sometimes, we even judge a host’s level of hospitality (and status) by how much food and drink is available! With this emphasis on quantity it’s no wonder we are used to large portions. This is a BIG threat to healthy eating.

But then,

In your food preparation and eating agenda for the new week, highlight and adopt the following tips for healthy eating;
See them here - http://diet234.com/healthy-eating-is-eating-right/

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make Waakye / Cake @ It Peak / My Proposed Solution To Tomatoes Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.