Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

The Two "TRIBES" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Two "TRIBES" (1359 Views)

Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes / Which of the Women of These Two Tribes Gossip Most / I Don't Know Much Outside Northern Nigeria, Tell Me A Little About Your Tribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
I have been opportuned to live with Nigerians from different ethnic backgrounds and religion. By far the most ethnocentric and sentimental of them all are the YORUBAS and the IGBOs. My reasons are numerous and are based on observations marred with objectivity, some of which are;

1. An average Yoruba person believes only a Yoruba man knows everything and can serve in any capacity, something of which any other man cannot.
2. An average Igbo man believes his clans men are the economic nerve of Nigeria and without them, Nigeria will die of penury. #wrong Nwanem.
3. An average Igbo man will prefer to eat in an 'Igbo restaurant ' than any other when he's outside his region (he thinks no one cooks better than them).
4. An average Yoruba person will dialogue in his native dialect with his kinsman even in an heterogeneous gathering! Family house corpers!
5. An average Igbo person will sell something cheaper for his kinsman than he would an alien tribe.

Now to the south south people of Nigeria, the most neutral and objective set of humans I have met yet. They give little credence to ethnicity, they relate to anyone from any ethnic group. They aren't hostile to visitors and they have no crass for 'tribal nationalism'. #Warri #Ogoni #Eket #Calabar #Benin #Ekeremor...

My sincere observations and opinions

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
I noticed

1 Like

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thugnificient:
I noticed
Thought I was alone.
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2015
I agree on all grounds. South southerners are the most liberal Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
literarymathy:
I agree on all grounds. South southerners are the most liberal Nigerians.

Exactly my point
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by akinboyepelumi9: 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
Freemanan:
I have been opportuned to live with Nigerians from different ethnic backgrounds and religion. By far the most ethnocentric and sentimental of them all are the YORUBAS and the IGBOs. My reasons are numerous and are based on observations marred with objectivity, some of which are;

1. An average Yoruba person believes only a Yoruba man knows everything and can serve in any capacity, something of which any other man cannot.
2. An average Igbo man believes his clans men are the economic nerve of Nigeria and without them, Nigeria will die of penury. #wrong Nwanem.
3. An average Igbo man will prefer to eat in an 'Igbo restaurant ' than any other when he's outside his region (he thinks no one cooks better than them).
4. An average Yoruba person will dialogue in his native dialect with his kinsman even in an heterogeneous gathering! Family house corpers!
5. An average Igbo person will sell something cheaper for his kinsman than he would an alien tribe.

Now to the south south people of Nigeria, the most neutral and objective set of humans I have met yet. They give little credence to ethnicity, they relate to anyone from any ethnic group. They aren't hostile to visitors and they have no crass for 'tribal nationalism'. #Warri #Ogoni #Eket #Calabar #Benin #Ekeremor...

Bro, U need to add the Hausa(s) too for d list to be complete! They are guilty of some of this too and that's why we are Nigerians! No wonder when the Super Eagles play any other National Team, we expect to beat THEM!

2 Likes

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
akinboyepelumi9:
Bro, U need to add the Hausa(s) too for d list to be complete! They are guilty of some of this too and that's why we are Nigerians! No wonder when the Super Eagles play any other National Team, we expect to beat THEM!
I get your point. But that of the Hausa is not as toxic as those mentioned in my post.
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by akinboyepelumi9: 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
Freemanan:

I get your point. But that of the Hausa is not as toxic as those mentioned in my post.
ok bro.
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by ojeota(f): 7:44am On May 01, 2015
I totally agree with the op. This is the reason why these two tribe are always against each other. They are the most tribalistic people I have met. The A's people are always welcoming.

2 Likes

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 01, 2015
ojeota:
I totally agree with the op. This is the reason why these two tribe are always against each other. They are the most tribalistic people I have met. The A's people are always welcoming.

Well noticed!
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by ChristyG(f): 8:01pm On May 01, 2015
Is this some sort of consoling thread for nigerians from minority tribes?cos saying that those from d ss are not tribalistic is a big FARCE.where do the likes of dokubo and anniko briggs come from?they are also tribalistic just in smaller numbers.what do u say about ijaws,itsekiris and urhobos killing each other in warri(is that how non tribalistic tribes are to behave to each other?)pls spare us ur stories cos they dont make sense...u forgot the north,or what would u say about them killing corpers from the south when buhari lost in 2011,is dat how non tribalistic tribes behave?majority of nigerians from all tribes are tribalistic and that is the bitter truth,some are just more vocal than others
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 7:31am On May 02, 2015
ChristyG:
Is this some sort of consoling thread for nigerians from minority tribes?cos saying that those from d ss are not tribalistic is a big FARCE.where do the likes of dokubo and anniko briggs come from?they are also tribalistic just in smaller numbers.what do u say about ijaws,itsekiris and urhobos killing each other in warri(is that how non tribalistic tribes are to behave to each other?)pls spare us ur stories cos they dont make sense...u forgot the north,or what would u say about them killing corpers from the south when buhari lost in 2011,is dat how non tribalistic tribes behave?majority of nigerians from all tribes are tribalistic and that is the bitter truth,some are just more vocal than others

Read the thread again please! I didn't say SS is not tribal! Please read again!

1 Like

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by ChristyG(f): 8:17am On May 02, 2015
Freemanan:

Read the thread again please! I didn't say SS is not tribal! Please read again!
abeg u should read ur own thrash again and see it it makes sense.u wrote they are most neutral and objective(false)they are not hostile to other tribes(false)they have no crass to tribal nationalism(absolutely false).they are just as ethocentric and sentimental as those u are accusing.they are just in smaller numbers and less vocal
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 02, 2015
ChristyG:
abeg u should read ur own thrash again and see it it makes sense.u wrote they are most neutral and objective(false)they are not hostile to other tribes(false)they have no crass to tribal nationalism(absolutely false).they are just as ethocentric and sentimental as those u are accusing.they are just in smaller numbers and less vocal

"Lesser number" is the Yoruba populated than the SS? Dude, please read the words! Not the caption!
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by ChristyG(f): 2:22pm On May 02, 2015
Freemanan:

"Lesser number" is the Yoruba populated than the SS? Dude, please read the words! Not the caption!
am not a dude,both yoruba and ibo are more populated than d ss.not to talk of when u break it down to their respective tribes(ijaw,itsekiri,efik,ibibio,urhobo,edo/benin).u dont have a point to support ur nonsense thread
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 02, 2015
ChristyG:
am not a dude,both yoruba and ibo are more populated than d ss.not to talk of when u break it down to their respective tribes(ijaw,itsekiri,efik,ibibio,urhobo,edo/benin).u dont have a point to support ur nonsense thread

Okay! I get it. You are one of the victim of my post! Well, I am Freeman David! I attack issues not personality and I don't call people names! Read the thread!
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by ChristyG(f): 2:54pm On May 02, 2015
Freemanan:

Okay! I get it. You are one of the victim of my post! Well, I am Freeman David! I attack issues not personality and I don't call people names! Read the thread!
hehehe u are still empty and cant defend ur thread.tell us how the ss are neutral and non tribalistic(even when they kill each other)u cant explain....pls unfollow me,i dont follow hypocrites and two faced pple
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 02, 2015
ChristyG:
hehehe u are still empty and cant defend ur thread.tell us how the ss are neutral and non tribalistic(even when they kill each other)u cant explain....pls unfollow me,i dont follow hypocrites and two faced pple

Visit Warri/Yenagoa/Calabar/Benin/Uyo/PH... If you experience hostility, then am wrong! or ask anyone who have stayed in these places. Killing themselves in SS? Tell me which tribe in the world have not for once experience ethnic clash?

I can't unfollow you! It will display a quarrel... I attack issues!

1 Like

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by kemiola89(f): 4:58pm On May 03, 2015
Your observations seem true... In Nigeria, the Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas are the three major ethnic group causing confusion/conflicts in the country, with each one claiming superiority over the other.

The world would be a better place when we start seeing an individual for who they are and not basing our judgements on ethnic ground, recognizing the humanity in us and treating people as equal.

2 Likes

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 03, 2015
kemiola89:
Your observations seem true... In Nigeria, the Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas are the three major ethnic group causing confusion/conflicts in the country, with each one claiming superiority over the other.

The world would be a better place when we start seeing an individual for who they are and not basing our judgements on ethnic ground, recognizing the humanity in us and treating people as equal.

Your last paragraph confirms your humanity.

2 Likes

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by daxlasaint(m): 1:20pm On May 04, 2015
Freemanan:

I have spent almost ten yrs in Yoruba land.... 6 at Akure and another 3 and still counting btween ogun and lagos.... Yorubas are the most tribalistic pple I have ever met. They may be nice to u but they will never accept u as their equal or better. The worst and funniest example of their tribalism happened to me when I was in the university... we were in class waiting for lecturer and me and a friend were conversing in urhobo when a girl in front of me ( who incidentally had been gisting in Yoruba with her friend) turns to us and says "why are u pple speaking delta here? Its very tribalistic of you" the argument that ensued is best imagined! Lol.

3 Likes

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 8:44am On May 05, 2015
daxlasaint:

I have spent almost ten yrs in Yoruba land.... 6 at Akure and another 3 and still counting btween ogun and lagos.... Yorubas are the most tribalistic pple I have ever met. They may be nice to u but they will never accept u as their equal or better. The worst and funniest example of their tribalism happened to me when I was in the university... we were in class waiting for lecturer and me and a friend were conversing in urhobo when a girl in front of me ( who incidentally had been gisting in Yoruba with her friend) turns to us and says "why are u pple speaking delta here? Its very tribalistic of you" the argument that ensued is best imagined! Lol.

Smh.... God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by PeterKbaba: 1:49am On May 07, 2015
daxlasaint:

How did she know you were speaking a delta language.... lie busted!!!
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by Nobody: 6:32am On May 07, 2015
PeterKbaba:

If I hear Ijaw language I will know the speakers are from Bayelsa/Delta so I need no Professor of rocket science to decipher it for me. #Busted
Re: The Two "TRIBES" by daxlasaint(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2015
PeterKbaba:

So iif u are in the same dpt with someone for over 3 yrs and you know the person is from delta... when u hear the person speakiing a languauge unknown to you, you will assume he's speaking arabic abi Abeg get sense small na. Smh

2 Likes

Re: The Two "TRIBES" by daxlasaint(m): 9:55am On May 07, 2015
Freemanan:

If I hear Ijaw language I will know the speakers are from Bayelsa/Delta so I need no Professor of rocket science to decipher it for me. #Busted

Abeg chop knuckle my brother! His lie detector is very faulty or unintelligent!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Odun Kan Gbako Ni Awon Olori Ooni Ile-ife To W’aja Maa Fi S’ofo / How Bori (animism) Thrived In Hausa Land During The Pre Islamic Years / The Passion - An Exhibition Of Paintings By Chike Onuorah @terra Kulture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.