Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

NL Of Our Dream - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / NL Of Our Dream (1110 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

NL Of Our Dream by abdul01(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
Oga seun I hail oh!

Observation(in addition to d ones I and some other peeps here have made b4):

How come other social networks like twitter, facebook n co have public APIs that 3rd party devs harness and make intelligence from these data thereby making a living for themselves and NL has none.

Please u need to sit up oh as boys are not smiling! if its for u to hire developers from outside d country to help with (re)building NL, then it won't be far-fetched since dis is d practice of world-class tech coys (e.g google hires d best brains around d world and even hired d creator of python to help build maintain and expand their empire, same thing for other super-startups like linkedIn, dropbox, facebook n co).

Please u really need to take NL to a higher level as I see NL having a potential of facebook, twitter and even google if you are really serious. There's a lot I wanna say, but I'll just leave it like this for now. Cheers!
Re: NL Of Our Dream by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
How come other social networks like twitter, facebook n co have public APIs that 3rd party devs harness and make intelligence from

this blows my mind https://github.com/BillCruise/BountyBot?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3147316398
Re: NL Of Our Dream by thewebcraft(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
abdul01:
Oga seun I hail oh!

Observation(in addition to d ones I and some other peeps here have made b4):

How come other social networks like twitter, facebook n co have public APIs that 3rd party devs harness and make intelligence from these data thereby making a living for themselves and NL has none.

Please u need to sit up oh as boys are not smiling! if its for u to hire developers from outside d country to help with (re)building NL, then it won't be far-fetched since dis is d practice of world-class tech coys (e.g google hires d best brains around d world and even hired d creator of python to help build maintain and expand their empire, same thing for other super-startups like linkedIn, dropbox, facebook n co).

Please u really need to take NL to a higher level as I see NL having a potential of facebook, twitter and even google if you are really serious. There's a lot I wanna say, but I'll just leave it like this for now. Cheers!
I use nairaland API (PHP)
Re: NL Of Our Dream by abdul01(m): 6:22am On Apr 29, 2015
thewebcraft:
I use nairaland API (PHP)
Abeg tell me about it cos I haven't heard of such b4.
Re: NL Of Our Dream by abdul01(m): 6:24am On Apr 29, 2015
Jregz:
How come other social networks like twitter, facebook n co have public APIs that 3rd party devs harness and make intelligence from

this blows my mind https://github.com/BillCruise/BountyBot?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3147316398

Nice one.

Here's a nice read to corroborate my post.

http://www.techcabal.com/2013/05/22/big-question-if-nairaland-is-nigerias-tumblr-why-hasnt-it-been-acquired-yet/
Re: NL Of Our Dream by thewebcraft(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2015
abdul01:

Abeg tell me about it cos I haven't heard of such b4.
Whats your email address so I can send it

(1)

Urgent Vacancy / Modern Web Apps With React And Redux – Tutsplus / Control It All With HC-05/HC-06 Bluetooth Module

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.