Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Frustrated - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Frustrated (3575 Views)

I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here / A Frustrated Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frustrated by aakinyosoye: 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
I actually need to let off the lid off my emotions undecidedI actually need to let off the lid off my emotions
Re: Frustrated by Arsenalholic(m): 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
aakinyosoye:
I actually need to let off the lid off my emotions nd it seems I don't have anyone to talk to because we seem very okay outside, facebook and whatsapp are equally not good options for me.
I need to know if I am the only person married to a woman who constantly criticises almost all I do, find faults here and there and generates quarrels from almost nothing.....
the bad part is that, nothing is ever her fault.

rather I should understand that she has hormones and sometimes they take the better of her.
I am accused of never understanding with her and not understanding women, even though I work with them{ am senior registrar( trainee) obgyn.}
its really driving me crazy...
I am sorry for my ranting. I just need to vent and yes, I need help
I

@Bolded, You don't need to be.

Sometimes it needed, to make you feel better.

Anyways just for the laughs...

2 Likes

Re: Frustrated by Ewuro4: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
OP you're allowed to vent. Hit the gym and blow off some steam. It's okay. over a decade hallmark and can tell you it wasn't all a smooth ride, lots of patience and letting things slide for peace sake. But you deserve to be happy and nagging about it won't help you either. It takes two but since you're the one mostly yearning for attention and change, I'd advice you to work on your communication with her, call her , maybe your hands on her nape during convo, rubbing softly grin ( that's one of his tricks and my head just cool down and I surrender grin)... My lovely wife.... Blah blah ( you know what she's complaining about so adress them with that approach) and talk about it. Try it. It gets better with time.

That reminds me Edwife.. I watched "Keeping my man" and didn't like the ending atall. I mean the strongest couple's marriage broke while the crawlcrawl ones worked out? undecided not cool. Not cool atall. I don't like that. It broke my heart grin

3 Likes

Re: Frustrated by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
did her behavior start when u got married or did u notice it when u were dating ?
Re: Frustrated by kukuruku156(f): 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
Bros you have just described a lot of us women to the 'T'.

A lot of us women do these things but we really do not know the effect it's having on our spouses.

Maybe she's reacting to a perceived repeated behavior from your end that rubs her off the wrong way. Does she often say you do not take her advise or respect her opinions? Maybe that is what is causing the raging hormones.

It's good to let off steam here as you have done instead of entering a shouting match with her as that just makes things worse.
Re: Frustrated by BluStreak(m): 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
But how long can one keep up with having to let things slide or looking the other way? The painful part is that, these women don't know when to call it off and realize they are sowing a seed of discord.
Re: Frustrated by lilmax(m): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Smh,next generation of W men
Re: Frustrated by SAMBARRY: 9:02am On Apr 29, 2015
grin grin frustrated little men are around the corner too grin
Re: Frustrated by klark3: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2015
Weak men everywhere... Too many weak men in nigeria, I don't just know why...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated by blazetitov: 10:52am On Apr 29, 2015
klark3:
Weak men everywhere... Too many weak men in nigeria, I don't just know why...

Strong man, so what advice do you have for the poor weak man. SMH undecided
Re: Frustrated by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 29, 2015
Op has removed his post, who knows maybe the wife saw his post on here and has nagged the hell outta him.... cry

Chaiiii, man don suffer undecided grin grin embarassed

It shall get better smiley

1 Like

Re: Frustrated by femmy2010(m): 11:17am On Apr 29, 2015
aakinyosoye:
I actually need to let off the lid off my emotions undecidedI actually need to let off the lid off my emotions

Simply do.
Re: Frustrated by socrateez(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
Let me start by saying I strongly believe there is no problem without a solution, so, there's a solution to the challenges you're facing in your matrimonial home.

First of all, for a woman to be so abrasive and intolerant, there must be a reason for it. Most people come into marriage with noble intentions and joyous expectations, it's when those expectations are not met that frustration sets and the relationship begin to deteriorate. My question is

for how long have you been married?
do you have kids or is she pregnant?
are there demands from her family that she's unable to meet?
Do you have time for her? Does any other person live with you?
what usually are her specific complaints when she nags?
are there promises you made before your wedding which you have not kept?
do you attend the same church and is she comfortable there?

A thousand and one reasons could be responsible for her frustration and the earlier you identify them, the better you'll be able to handle her.

I'm ready to follow up with you if you respond to these questions.

BTW, I've been married for over 25 years.

3 Likes

Re: Frustrated by Kanwuliajeje: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Learn to cook nsala soup like my darling husband.
There would be LESS nagging in your home! wink
Cooked fresh from yesterday! kiss

Re: Frustrated by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
aakinyosoye:

I actually need to let off the lid off my emotions nd it seems I don't have anyone to talk to because we seem very okay outside, facebook and whatsapp are equally not good options for me.
I need to know if I am the only person married to a woman who constantly criticises almost all I do, find faults here and there and generates quarrels from almost nothing.....
the bad part is that, nothing is ever her fault.

rather I should understand that she has hormones and sometimes they take the better of her.
I am accused of never understanding with her and not understanding women, even though I work with them{ am senior registrar( trainee) obgyn.}
its really driving me crazy...
I am sorry for my ranting. I just need to vent and yes, I need help

Sorry to read about your frustrations
It cant be easy

Marriage is full of ups and downs and its in our own best interest to work to ensure that the ups overwhelm the downs so that we live a happy and fulfilled life rather than a frustrated and unhappy life with our spouses.

Without knowing more about the situation, The only thing I can suggest, which does sometimes work is to take a step back from the situation and rather than being on the defensive, try and listen and understand what exactly she is criticizing and complaining about.
Listen to what she is saying. Put yourself into her position and try and see things from her eyes. You may find that you see more than what you see now.

Sometimes couples get into a situation where becasue previous issues have not been resolved, they all add up and the baggage is taken from situation to situation and they never get out of argument mode and they go on and on like that and things that are not even issues suddenly become issues and they are always "fighting"

You need to break that cycle. She is your wife. You should know what puts her in a good mood and what calms her. Put her into that state and then talk to her.

You mayalso find that its something completely different thats bugging her. For all you know it could be your working hours, your lack of time with her, your relationships with collegues, it could even be issues in the bedroom . . .Im just giving different examples.
Sometimes people find it difficult to talk to their partner about ceetain things so they latch onto other things out of frustration.
In short open all avenues and ask her to talk to you, however you both need to be in a good place to be able to gain anything useful from any discussions.

All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated by Dbestmax(m): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2015
mehn ........u dey crazy shaaa
Re: Frustrated by edwife(f): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2015
Ewuro4:
OP you're allowed to vent. Hit the gym and blow off some steam. It's okay. over a decade hallmark and can tell you it wasn't all a smooth ride, lots of patience and letting things slide for peace sake. But you deserve to be happy and nagging about it won't help you either. It takes two but since you're the one mostly yearning for attention and change, I'd advice you to work on your communication with her, call her , maybe your hands on her nape during convo, rubbing softly grin ( that's one of his tricks and my head just cool down and I surrender grin)... My lovely wife.... Blah blah ( you know what she's complaining about so adress them with that approach) and talk about it. Try it. It gets better with time.

That reminds me Edwife.. I watched "Keeping my man" and didn't like the ending atall. I mean the strongest couple's marriage broke while the crawlcrawl ones worked out? undecided not cool. Not cool atall. I don't like that. It broke my heart grin

Lol,that's what happened when you are busy trying to fix everyone "issues" and seeing yours.I learned long ago that all that glitter is not GOLD grin,we need to be contend with what we have.
Re: Frustrated by Ewuro4: 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
edwife:

Lol,that's what happened when you are busy trying to fix everyone "issues" and seeing yours.I learned long ago that all that glitter is not GOLD grin,we need to be contend with what we have.

Hmm .... I agree with the paradigm but a bit rattled by how it all played out hence the bad reviews the movie got.

so what's wrong trying to support your friends and still maintain a good home? Afteral it was from her goodness of heart and her home is not lacking as a result of this. Tokunbo is sexually satisfied and his meals were adequately supplied on his office table and on top, great desert a man could ever asked for. grin This same lady cleans after him and always waiting for him every freaking night. I guess my q is; Where did she go wrong?

You really believe that line of story? I don't.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated by justwise(m): 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
kukuruku156:
Bros you have just described a lot of us women to the 'T'.

A lot of us women do these things but we really do not know the effect it's having on our spouses.

Maybe she's reacting to a perceived repeated behavior from your end that rubs her off the wrong way. Does she often say you do not take her advise or respect her opinions? Maybe that is what is causing the raging hormones.

It's good to let off steam here as you have done instead of entering a shouting match with her as that just makes things worse.

But why? That is what i struggle to understand sometimes, i wish somebody can explain that.
Re: Frustrated by justwise(m): 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
BluStreak:
But how long can one keep up with having to let things slide
or looking the other way? The painful part is that, these women don't know when to call it off and realize they are sowing a seed of discord.

Honestly you are a legend.
Re: Frustrated by Ewuro4: 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
justwise:

But why? That is what i struggle to understand sometimes, i wish anybody can explain that.

It takes two you know? No right thinking person will start nagging out of the blue without any precipitating factor. Anyway , I believe many relationships are lacking effective communication; if she wants to talk about it and he doesn't wanna hear it , obviously somebody's demands are not being met hence the katatata we read on NL.
If you're not ready to hear boring dinner table stories every night and overflogged complain about the bent garage door that needs to be fixed ASAP.. Stay single. cool
Re: Frustrated by ifyalways(f): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
Oh Chim. Kanwuliajeje and mouth watering meals. See as i dey look your nsala Ori nri cheesy

@OP, vent, rant as much as u want.Its normal. Seems you've cooled down, moved on and hopefully addressed the situation. Good on you!
Re: Frustrated by Stillfire: 2:41pm On Apr 30, 2015

Huh? She had better go and see a doctor if her hormones are always taking the better of her.
Don't fall for that excuse.
A well mannered woman is a well mannered woman whether during "hormonal high or low"
Re: Frustrated by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ewuro4:

It takes two you know? No right thinking person will start nagging out of the blue without any precipitating factor. Anyway , I believe many relationships are lacking effective communication; if she wants to talk about it and he doesn't wanna hear it , obviously somebody's demands are not being met hence the katatata we read on NL.
If you're not ready to hear boring dinner table stories every night and overflogged complain about the bent garage door that needs to be fixed ASAP.. Stay single. cool
Very correct. One bottle of Drostyhorf Red wine for you cheesy
Re: Frustrated by Ewuro4: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
crowns2:

Very correct. One bottle of Drostyhorf Red wine for you cheesy

TENK grin

1 Like

Re: Frustrated by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ewuro4:

Yes it does take two, i get that but this is the thing...if someone constantly run you down with every little opportunity, every little misunderstanding then you will move into your shell just to avoid another run of moaning. Must everything be confrontational? Some women seems to have a rule book only men should obey, just don't put a foot wrong it will be thrown at you followed by insults and next minute they started talking about love.....seriously what bloody love?
Re: Frustrated by edwife(f): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ewuro4:

Hmm .... I agree with the paradigm but a bit rattled by how it all played out hence the bad reviews the movie got.

so what's wrong trying to support your friends and still maintain a good home? Afteral it was from her goodness of heart and her home is not lacking as a result of this. Tokunbo is sexually satisfied and his meals were adequately supplied on his office table and on top, great desert a man could ever asked for. grin This same lady cleans after him and always waiting for him every freaking night. I guess my q is; Where did she go wrong?

You really believe that line of story? I don't.

Well don't we read here everyday that a man still cheat irrespective of anything you do for them.It is a personal choice,maybe he was tired of the monotony,he needed something other than wifey was offering cheesy.

But honestly you will never understand what human beings want sometimes,you can't predict them.

read this story and you will understand where i am coming from....

It's with a heavy and confused heart that I write this email to you. As I speak to you, I just landed back in the U.K leaving my husband in Lagos, barely one week after our 1 year wedding anniversary.

Stella, if I tell you that I suspected my husband of being unfaithful I would be lying. My story is a bit long but I'll try to make it short.

I met my husband here in London 4 years ago when I was 23. He's British Nigerian and I'm British South African, he's a Doctor and I work in Advertising.

Last year, my husband decided it would be a good idea for him to move to Nigeria so he can start various businesses, while continuing to practise as a Doctor, and I will follow him after he has settled everything.

My work is very understanding so they were willing to let me go and I can come back if I change my mind because I'm very good at my job.

I'm a business woman myself, alongside my job I do makeup and I design clothes so I'm very driven and hardworking so I saw his vision and decided to support him.

After he left, I started seeing changes like he wasn't calling or returning calls as frequently but I understood because life in Africa isn't easy when you're trying to hustle plus he's on call most times so that means working 24hrs sometimes. (At least I thought)

Long story short, I moved to Nigeria to join him six months ago. And on the 26th of April it was our 1 year anniversary. My husband told me that he has to work so we can't celebrate our anniversary that day. Stella, I was angry, I even cried but I didn't let him see because I'm trying my best to be reasonable, so on the day I expected at least a card, a cake... Anything but I got nothing. Not even a good morning kiss but I woke up, made him breakfast and he left for work.

I don't ask my husband for any money for anything because I have my own, his friends come here almost daily to eat, drink etc and leave plates for me to wash and smoke in my house. I choose silence.

Well that evening, my friend decided to come take me to celebrate my anniversary instead of me being alone and sad and I love her for that... When we got to the restaurant, my friend and I were talking and I was telling her how sorry I feel for my husband that he has to work, she agreed that at least my husband isn't lazy so we thanked God and giggled about it.

5 minutes later what do I see? My husband walking in with another woman.. The same man that claimed to be working that evening. Stella, I wished at that moment that I was dreaming or watching a movie. My husband and I looked at each other, my friend was shocked and I was speechless.. Yet he proceeded to sit down with the lady. My friend insisted we confront him but I said no, God will fix it for me. We finished our meal and left.

When I got home, I prepared his things for him as usual for the next, because he likes eating breakfast when he gets home from work. Stella, this man didn't even bother to call me.

So I decided there and then to pack my bag and book a flight, and come back to London since he thinks he can treat me like a fool and il stay and smile, no. I'm a praying, woman. Even with my business and busy time, I still find time to go to church every Wednesday and Sunday

Since I got here, he's been begging me crying, promising heaven on earth. His entire family, his father, and my own family too have been begging.

His mum is like my own mother and she is heartbroken.
He sent me various emails saying he doesn't know what had gotten into him. That I'm too independent and don't allow him to feel like a man, and I don't ask about his movements like a normal wife. that all I do is cook, clean, make money and go to the gym to look good for others so he allowed me to be married to myself.

Please BV's, tell me where I went wrong? Is being independent a bad thing? I'm so free with my husband, I don't question him, don't snoop through his phone or question him, and I get along with all his family and friends, I love people and I'm not a person that likes drama.

Was I wrong to leave? Should I forgive?
Re: Frustrated by edwife(f): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Frustrated by Stillfire: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
edwife:

Well don't we read here everyday that a man still cheat irrespective of anything you do for them.It is a personal choice,maybe he was tired of the monotony,he needed something other than wifey was offering cheesy.

But honestly you will never understand what human beings want sometimes,you can't predict them.

Wow that story...

He sent me various emails saying he doesn't know what had gotten into him. That I'm too independent and don't allow him to feel like a man, and I don't ask about his movements like a normal wife. that all I do is cook, clean, make money and go to the gym to look good for others so he allowed me to be married to myself.

Nigerian men are scary! These men scare me for real, I cannot lie. See his reasons. shocked
Shivers down my spine, goosebumps on my goosebumps. grin
Hanhan... I'm speechless

1 Like

Re: Frustrated by edwife(f): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Stillfire:

Wow that story...

Nigerian men are scary! These men scare me for real, I cannot lie. See his reasons. shocked
Shivers down my spine, goosebumps on my goosebumps. grin
Hanhan... I'm speechless

Lol at goosebumps on my goosebumps.. grin

That's how some of them are my dear,i only commend the woman for not fighting in public and leaving gracefully.Now that's how a Lady should act!
On their first year anniversary? that's very mean,and honestly i don't even know if i will be able to forgive.
Re: Frustrated by armyofone(m): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
grin this soup with hot eba or Ema grin yummy

Kanwuliajeje:
Learn to cook nsala soup like my darling husband.
There would be next nagging in your home! wink
Cooked fresh from yesterday! kiss

After cooking nsala and working out he is going to feel real good.
Re: Frustrated by Ewuro4: 2:44am On May 01, 2015
I
edwife:

Sad story.
Not condoning excuses for his infidelity but they were seperated for six months.
Zion was there 24/7 with her man ... Abeg , what's his excuse?

You're very right; we will never know what human beings want.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Caught My Kid Sister M*asturbating...don't Know What To Do About It / SEE How Wife Caught Her Husband's Side Chick That Happens To Be Their Maid(Pics) / A Video Of Students Doing The Unthinkable In The Absence Of Their Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.