Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? (6845 Views)

Bad Effects Of Gambling and why its a sin / Can God Resurrect A Beheaded Person? / Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by daben1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
I don't mean to get on anybody's nerves with this thread...
I've been at home for almost two months doing nothing just because my school is on strike and the only thing i do just to avoid asking for 100 naira every morning is to play lotto(baba ijebu) and bet9ja, if there is any other type of gambling that i've not tried, then it's not yet in town... I've been combining my daily gamblings with prayers and i'm just thinking, can(i know He's able to do all thingS) God bless me through this irrespective of the fact that i'm gambling?
And what about those people that are winning millionS from this, is it not God's blessing?

#peace!

1 Like

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
LOL! cheesy grin. , yeah he could; also tru robbery n 419,

2 Likes

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Immanueladebol(m): 11:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
I ill say no.There are other tins you can learn for you to start making money tru dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by okotv(m): 11:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
never. Sin is sin

2 Likes

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2015
Don't confuse sin for taking chances and risks,Gamble is uncalculated risk because when you loose,no indemnity,when you win then you the man of the hour.
Its takes intelligence to roll the dice to get a possible outcome for winning on the other hand,it takes faith to keep that motive alive,Its never a sin but a lazy projected mindset to hit a lick,why not turn an adhoc staff of someone's business pending when your school resume?

2 Likes

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by An2elect2(f): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2015
Stay there. Don't go and work to earn.

They only thing some people know is money money money. And when they hit it big through whatever means, they attribute it to God. Go and open your bible and read it loud if you can.

You probably think Jesus and his disciples spoke so well about those who chase riches/money undecided

Maybe you mean another god, but definitely not the ONE of the bible. smiley
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 29, 2015
Giving your entire life to an unknown god is a bigger gamble anyway.

1 Like

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
What about if someone now pay tithes from the lotto he or she won will the pastor reject it hypocrite everywhere. See there is no sin in playing lotto but the motive behind it determine if its a sin or not. There is no any bible verse that condemn it but the sin in it is addiction but God can use anything to bless you I mean anything. I prefer lotto money to money from corrupt political men. God is God over everything okay. Follow your inner instinct if that tell you is a sin then is a sin if not go ahead.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yes; just the same way God bless politicians who engage in corruption and robbers who steal, also kidnappers who request for heavy ransom.

Ain't God good? smiley
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by ojimbo(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
one funny thing is how all this yahoo boiz go on to pray to God for blessings even when they are doing evil to make money. nigerians are brainless
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
If gambling is a sin what about visa lottery even pastor do play
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by daben1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
jcross19:
lol...
O oh! And some people are on my neck; criticising me!
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by daben1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
MzNelly:
Yes; just the same way God bless politicians who engage in corruption and robbers who steal, also kidnappers who request for heavy ransom.

Ain't God good? smiley
God is good joor
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by daben1(m): 6:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
An2elect2:
Stay there. Don't go and work to earn.

They only thing some people know is money money money. And when they hit it big through whatever means, they attribute it to God. Go and open your bible and read it loud if you can.

You probably think Jesus and his disciples spoke so well about those who chase riches/money undecided

Maybe you mean another god, but definitely not the ONE of the bible. smiley
so you don't know is God that blesses the armed robbers on the road? HE's the creator of evil and good!!
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
daben1:
so you don't know is God that blesses the armed robbers on the road? HE's the creator of evil and good!!
isaiah 54 vs 16 talk about how creat havoc wreckers to deal with who he want to deal with.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
daben1:
I've been at home for almost two months doing nothing just because my school is on strike and the only thing i do just to avoid asking for 100 naira every morning is to play lotto(baba ijebu) and bet9ja, if there is any other type of gambling that i've not tried, then it's not yet in town... I've been combining my daily gamblings with prayers and i'm just thinking, can(i know He's able to do all thingS) God bless me through this irrespective of the fact that i'm gambling?
And what about those people that are winning millionS from this, is it not God's blessing?

#peace!

Gambling is a form of greed, you go for a money u don't work to earn. In fact, one goes to eat from another man's money or loses. The bible at Eph 4:28 encourages work, even hard work.

The bible says that any who does not work, let him not eat (2thes 3:10). Gambling is not work, it is just a greedy covet for another man's money one didn't work for. It is a game of chance, not a work u earn the pay. the bible says that greedy people will loose the kingdom (1cor. 6:9).

The history of gambling issues from the belief in the god of goodluck (Isaiah 65:11). Do u think God will approve that? it is not all the things we attribute to God that He really does.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
JMAN05:

Gambling is a form of greed, you go for a money u don't work to earn. In fact, one goes to eat from another man's money or loses. The bible at Eph 4:28 encourages work, even hard work.

The bible says that any who does not work, let him not eat (2thes 3:10). Gambling is not work, it is just a greedy covet for another man's money one didn't work for. It is a game of chance, not a work u earn the pay. the bible says that greedy people will loose the kingdom (1cor. 6:9).

The history of gambling issues from the belief in the god of goodluck (Isaiah 65:11). Do u think God will approve that? it is not all the things we attribute to God that He really does.
keep quiet you are not God to determine His way. God can use whatever he likes to bless anyone he want to bless okay and if you tell me that lotto is act of greed then what about visa lottery
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
Gambling have ruined many lives more than bless many lives so if you are in safer side then you are favour but it turn to a sin to you if this gambling become your god, I mean your idol and if you are addicted to it, you become its slave then that's sin. To me oh if God give me a grace winning the lottery I will play as far he direct my path than waiting one mommoh or corrupt politician to bless Godforbid I don't want such money.

1 Like

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Image123(m): 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
daben1:

#peace!

Of course, God blesses everybody, i thought Jesus said that somewhere? If you can and are told to bless your enemies and those that curse you, how much more God?

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

So, God blesses the just and the unjust, the good and the evil. Like you want to hear it, God may just well bless your hustle. Else, no atheist or sinner will ever be blessed with any good news, promotion, breakthrough, exam success, healing, electoral victory etc. Seedtime and harvest has not ceased and anyone may well be rewarded for his or her persistence, diligence, sowing etc whether good or evil. However, these blessings are not really a mark that God is pleased with you or that you are in the Lamb's book of life. So, what exactly does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul? Jesus Himself asks us this question. God was busy raining manna and supplying miraculous water from the rock for 40 long years, yet He was not pleased with the people. God's mercy, sovereignty, and grace among other factors can get anyone material blessings. But the eternal blessings are only for the faithful, the undefiled. It's your call, your choice. Don't be an Esau.

Act 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

1 Like

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Image123:

Of course, God blesses everybody, i thought Jesus said that somewhere? If you can and are told to bless your enemies and those that curse you, how much more God?

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

So, God blesses the just and the unjust, the good and the evil. Like you want to hear it, God may just well bless your hustle. Else, no atheist or sinner will ever be blessed with any good news, promotion, breakthrough, exam success, healing, electoral victory etc. Seedtime and harvest has not ceased and anyone may well be rewarded for his or her persistence, diligence, sowing etc whether good or evil. However, these blessings are not really a mark that God is pleased with you or that you are in the Lamb's book of life. So, what exactly does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul? Jesus Himself asks us this question. God was busy raining manna and supplying miraculous water from the rock for 40 long years, yet He was not pleased with the people. God's mercy, sovereignty, and grace among other factors can get anyone material blessings. But the eternal blessings are only for the faithful, the undefiled. It's your call, your choice. Don't be an Esau.

Act 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
if I give you part of the money I won from lottery will you reject?then if that is the case tithes should be scrap off from christian religion because is not part it its Judaism not christianity.

1 Like

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Image123(m): 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
jcross19:
keep quiet you are not God to determine His way. God can use whatever he likes to bless anyone he want to bless okay and if you tell me that lotto is act of greed then what about visa lottery
jcross19:
daben1:
lol...
O oh! And some people are on my neck; criticising me!

Lol, i do not think they are the same thing even though they both have the word "lottery". It's like saying all "sex" is the same since it is all "sex". Some are legal under marriage but some are not good like immorality.
As for what they call visa lottery, it is a reasoned and logical process from what i hear. People present many papers and documents and are interviewed, investigated and observed before they are given visas, its the same or almost same process for obtaining visa. Except you will say all visa processing are lottery in the sense of sin or gamble that you are driving at. This is different from buying lotto where all you need is chance. Every good thing involves some measure of taking chances, risks or probability. Medical operation, college application, job interviews, business venture etc all involve some level of 'luck' or probability, but these are not in the same league as what you are advocating.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Image123:

lotto is not a sin addiction to it turn it to a sin to you and your personal conviction determine if its a sin to you or not. It might to you if your inner man says otherwise because its written whatever you eat or do without faith is a sin. Basic if you like take it or not one thing I know to me I will play it If God direct my path even though am pastor because is better than collection money from corrupt politicians as tithes.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
Image123:

Lol, i do not think they are the same thing even though they both have the word "lottery". It's like saying all "sex" is the same since it is all "sex". Some are legal under marriage but some are not good like immorality.
As for what they call visa lottery, it is a reasoned and logical process from what i hear. People present many papers and documents and are interviewed, investigated and observed before they are given visas, its the same or almost same process for obtaining visa. Except you will say all visa processing are lottery in the sense of sin or gamble that you are driving at. This is different from buying lotto where all you need is chance. Every good thing involves some measure of taking chances, risks or probability. Medical operation, college application, job interviews, business venture etc all involve some level of 'luck' or probability, but these are not in the same league as what you are advocating.
lol na wa oooh aaahahhaha am here laughing lottery is lottery okay,you can't use sex as an example because illegal are called fornication or adultery but lottery is lottery check dictionary , no lottery that's operating nigeria that's illegal check . See brother they are many explain word of God not by your own interest or view God is not a man. God can bless you whatever anyhow he want.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Image123(m): 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
jcross19:
lotto is not a sin addiction to it turn it to a sin to you and your personal conviction determine if its a sin to you or not. It might to you if your inner man says otherwise because its written whatever you eat or do without faith is a sin. Basic if you like take it or not one thing I know to me I will play it If God direct my path even though am pastor because is better than collection money from corrupt politicians as tithes.
jcross19:
lol na wa oooh aaahahhaha am here laughing lottery is lottery okay,you can't use sex as an example because illegal are called fornication or adultery but lottery is lottery check dictionary , no lottery that's operating nigeria that's illegal check . See brother they are many explain word of God not by your own interest or view God is not a man. God can bless you whatever anyhow he want.
jcross19:
if I give you part of the money I won from lottery will you reject?then if that is the case tithes should be scrap off from christian religion because is not part it its Judaism not christianity.

i have nothing to say than what has been said.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
We accept what we like and dislike what we don't like even though if what we like does not comply with God rules as far it pleases human.

1 Like

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by thewiseman(m): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2015
It takes one to become a god to ask anything from God. If you know the laws of nature then you will become a god. At that level, when you play the lotto you're not gambling but simply demanding an offering from the fools who play without a glimpse of the laws that created it.

I can help you if you wish... +2347067550237. Ask for the wiseman.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2015
thewiseman:
It takes one to become a god to ask anything from God. If you know the laws of nature then you will become a god. At that level, when you play the lotto you're not gambling but simply demanding an offering from the fools who play without a glimpse of the laws that created it.

I can help you if you wish... +2347067550237. Ask for the wiseman.
ah mr solomon.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
jcross19:

but does God like greed?

Visa lottery falls within the god of goodluck belief.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 6:33am On May 01, 2015
JMAN05:

but does God like greed?

Visa lottery falls within the god of goodluck belief.
do you think all people playing are doing it act of greed? That's why you are human not God He knows every of your motive. Every motive behind it determine if its a sin or not. The dangerous aspect of it if its has adapted to you then you are slave to gambling it will ruin your life and lead you to hell. God can use what ever he likes to bless you. Have you study how david was looting,killing and robbing them first samuel? Did God call it a sin to him which is worst than gambling. Then story where isrealites robbed the syrian and never be condemn by act .you better be silent you can't know the way of GodM
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by soopamom: 6:57am On May 01, 2015
OF COURSE HE CAN! God works in mysterious waysssssss
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 01, 2015
jcross19:
do you think all people playing are doing it act of greed? That's why you are human not God He knows every of your motive. Every motive behind it determine if its a sin or not. The dangerous aspect of it if its has adapted to you then you are slave to gambling it will ruin your life and lead you to hell. God can use what ever he likes to bless you. Have you study how david was looting,killing and robbing them first samuel? Did God call it a sin to him which is worst than gambling. Then story where isrealites robbed the syrian and never be condemn by act .you better be silent you can't know the way of GodM

So God can bless u through robbery and looting? The motive for gambling is largely to make money by luck. money of an unlucky fellow. money u didn't work for.

God does not operate today like He did in the OT, when He viewed the Jews as His special people.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by daben1(m): 12:01pm On May 03, 2015
JMAN05:

So God can bless u through robbery and looting? The motive for gambling is largely to make money by luck. money of an unlucky fellow. money u didn't work for.

God does not operate today like He did in the OT, when He viewed the Jews as His special people.
''God does not operate this day like he did in the OT''? Hey bro!! God is the same yesterday, today and forever, He doesn't change neither does His ways!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda / Where Can One Buy Church Pulpit In Lagos? / Catholic Bishops Warn Members Against Endorsing Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.