Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,036 members, 7,863,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:03 AM

The Name Of Our Almighty God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Name Of Our Almighty God (823 Views)

Almighty God Don't Write Books, Humans Do / Is It Possible That Our Almighty God Also Worships Another Almighty God?-KushMan / Can Almighty God Praise Himself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Name Of Our Almighty God by SUNDAYSIO(m): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
QUESTION:
What is the name of our
almighty God?

ANSWER:
There are MANY different
names of God in the Bible but here are
some of the better-known names:
GOD: Genesis 1:1 reads “In the beginning
God created the heavens and the earth.”
This is the Hebrew word “Elohim” and it
has reference to God’s power and might.
JEHOVAH: Genesis 2:4 declares “These
are the generations of the heavens and
of the earth when they were created, in
the day that Jehovah God made earth
and heaven” (ASV). This name speaks of
God’s nature as being “eternal.” He is the “self-existent One.”
I AM: Exodus 3:13-14 says “And Moses
said unto God, Behold, when I come unto
the children of Israel, and shall say unto
them, The God of your fathers hath sent
me unto you; and they shall say to me,
What is His name? What shall I say unto them? And God unto Moses, I AM THAT I
AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say
unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent
me unto you.” This name, like Jehovah,
refers to God’s eternal existence. ...
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by SUNDAYSIO(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
He never had a beginning and won’t have an end. He is the great I AM! AlMIGHTY GOD: Genesis 17:1 states “And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.” This is the Hebrew word “El Shaddai” and it speaks of God’s ultimate power over all. He is “omnipotent!”
I would like us to consider one of His names that is most precious to everyone who has been born-again and are in the family of God. I’m speaking of the name “Father.” This name was not known to Old Testament believers, but was revealed through God’s Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. John 1:18 reads “No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.” One of the main reasons the eternal Son became a Man was to declare God the Father; that is, to make Him known. Towards the end of His life the Lord Jesus prayed to the Father these amazing words in John 17:6, “I..
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by SUNDAYSIO(m): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
“I have manifested Your name to the men You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word” (NASB). Jesus’ passion, from the manger to the cross, was to glorify His Father and to manifest His name to all who had ears to hear. Very few souls believed the message that he brought, but those that did believe became children of God and thus God became their Father. John 20:17 informs us that just before Jesus ascended to heaven He gave this message to all who had believed, “I ascend unto My Father, and your Father, and to My God, and your God.” As wonderful as it must have been for Abraham to have God reveal Himself as the “Almighty God,” and for Moses to learn that He was the great “I AM,” it is even more wonderful to know Him as “Father.” Do you know God as YOUR FATHER?
In closing, let’s consider one more verse. In Matthew 28:19 Jesus spoke these words to the eleven disciples on the Mount of Olives, “Go therefore and make disciples of....
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by SUNDAYSIO(m): 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (NKJV). Jesus came not only to reveal His Father to men, but to reveal the “Triune God.” The word “name” in this verse is singular, for it conveys the blessed truth that God is “one God,” yet “three Persons,” the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Because men cannot understand this, they ridicule the idea that God is a “trinity.” But Jesus declared it and faith enables us to boldly say, “I believe it!” Praise God for this awesome revelation and praise be to Him for everyone that has, by His matchless grace, come to believe it!
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by elveco: 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
Going futher; the same pple He gave the command (Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghostsmiley never did so in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost bt in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.)

Why? Because by revelation they know that the name is Jesus Christ (1Tim. 3:16, Acts 4:12)

I dont believe in trinity
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by SUNDAYSIO(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
you dont believe in trinity. dan sorry 4 u @ELVECO
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by elveco: 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
I stand to be corrected through the scripture. Thanks.

SUNDAYSIO:
you dont believe in trinity. dan sorry 4 u @ELVECO
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
Slaves
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
SUNDAYSIO:
QUESTION:
What is the name of our
almighty God?

ANSWER:
There are MANY different
names of God in the Bible but here are
some of the better-known names:
GOD: Genesis 1:1 reads “In the beginning
God created the heavens and the earth.”
This is the Hebrew word “Elohim” and it
has reference to God’s power and might.
JEHOVAH: Genesis 2:4 declares “These
are the generations of the heavens and
of the earth when they were created, in
the day that Jehovah God made earth
and heaven” (ASV). This name speaks of
God’s nature as being “eternal.” He is the “self-existent One.”
I AM: Exodus 3:13-14 says “And Moses
said unto God, Behold, when I come unto
the children of Israel, and shall say unto
them, The God of your fathers hath sent
me unto you; and they shall say to me,
What is His name? What shall I say unto them? And God unto Moses, I AM THAT I
AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say
unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent
me unto you.” This name, like Jehovah,
refers to God’s eternal existence. ...

Sir, the personal name of God Almighty is Jehovah. (Psalm 83:18) others people call Him are all titles. God (elohim) is a title probably meaning a "mighty one". It is given to both worshiped and un-worshiped persons.
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by johnw74: 2:16am On Apr 30, 2015
JEHOVAH God
Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the
day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

The Word God
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by sonmvayina(m): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2015
any body who is really sincere..will know that the God in the old testament is different from the God in the new testament, there is no such thing as almight god..there is only one most high God, the ancient know him as Anu and to the youruba he is known as olorun...they are all the same being incarnated at different places..he also has a consort..and also had sons and daughters..when men started to multiply on earth he gave his sons as deity to each society..isreal was the inheritance of yaweh, oduduwa to the youruba, maduck to ancient babylon....youcan check google for the others..it will be stupid for any body to worship or serve a god or diety of other people, yaweh was jelous as he never allowed the jews to worship any other god but him, he gave them the laws he wanted them to follow, and when they dont he punishes them accordingly.the black race is in great danger of loosing our identity because the white man came looking for slaves and our resources, bible in one hand and gun in the other..he has just both to make us forget our ancestors. that is the only reason we are in this mess. the only way out is to go back to the god of our ancestors and stop this bull shit story about jesus...i have started educating myselves on the god of my ancestors and when i go homne for my holiday this summer i am going to really go to my village to learn more. we should not abandon then..they only want us to respect thema ns show them the kind of love we show the white mans god...

1 Like

Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by sonmvayina(m): 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
deutonomy 32:1-10....the ancient even recorded it..
Re: The Name Of Our Almighty God by johnw74: 12:24am On May 01, 2015
Deu 32:3 Because I will publish the name of the LORD (JEHOVAH) ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
Deu 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Go to Church? / Bloggers needed urgently / RCCG Destroys Over 300 Villagers Houses To Build World’s Largest Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.