Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom (1122 Views)

Man's Hand And Head Cut Off Over Land Dispute In Delta State. Graphic Photos / Man Beheads 72-Year-Old Woman In Ogun Over Land Dispute (Photo) / Man Chops Off Relative’s Hand Over Land Dispute (graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by ijustdey: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
A suspect now in police custody in Akwa Ibom State, Mr Saturday Akpan, has explained why he hired assassins to murder his uncle, Pastor Okon Nnnana. The late Nnnana hailed from Ika Local Government Area of the state. Akpan told journalists that he hired assassins who demanded N250,000 but got only N100,000 and kidnapped the old man from his family compound. [color=#99000]The suspect added that the man was taken to Ikot Udo forest where he was murdered and buried in a shallow grave. He said he ordered Nnnana’s murder because of a land dispute involving the extended family.[/color]
The suspect’s accomplice, Mr Friday Akpan, noted that while he witnessed Nnnana’s torture and eventual killing, he did not partake in the act but swore an oath of secrecy
. He said that his younger brother, in whose house the victim was kept and tortured, died of a strange illness a week after the man was murdered. Addressing journalists at the police headquarters, Uyo, the Commissioner of Police, Mr Gabriel Achong, said the son of the deceased reported the case of his missing father to the police, after a quarrel concerning a family land.
The police boss, who spoke through the Asstant Commissioner of Police, Mr Mike Okoli, noted Saturday Akpan, who was arrested along with Friday Akpan, owned up to the crime during interrogation which enabled the police to discover the shallow grave where they dumped their victim. He said: “Even the efforts made by the family to ensure amicable resolution of the matter by conveying a family peace meeting was snubbed by Mr Saturday Akpan, prompting suspicion that he has a hand in the disappearance of the late Pastor Okon Nnana “They led the police to Ikot Udo forest where they dug a shallow grave and dumped the body of their victim with his hands tied to his back.
“The relations of the victim were invited while the body was exhumed and handed over to a pathologist for autopsy to enable police to begin prosecution of the matter.” The police chief regretted that the rate of senseless killing was on the rise in the state especially over very trivial.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/why-i-murdered-my-uncle-suspect/

http://pulse.ng/gist/horrific-man-murders-uncle-over-land-dispute-in-akwa-ibom-id3706096.html

Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by tayebest(m): 2:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
Oga! ah no go lie you o, this is really the reason why I always run from village... I no wan die untimely death!
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by TRADELYN: 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
tayebest:
Oga! ah no go lie you o, this is really the reason why I always run from village... I no wan die untimely death!
Fear not!
Don't you know that the fear of death will limit your success in life?
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by nicerichard05: 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
in case
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by tayebest(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
TRADELYN:

Fear not!
Don't you know that the fear of death will limit your success in life?
so you mean I should go and face death?
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by ozoigbondu: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
The heart of man is wicked
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by delishpot: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
Evil Evil everywhere
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by dayjee: 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is serious...
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by TRADELYN: 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
tayebest:
so you mean I should go and face death?
grin grin grin
Most of us don't know what will kill us. Not doing anything at all more risky!

A truly mature man must get to a stage in life where the fear of death does not worry him.
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by tayebest(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
TRADELYN:

grin grin grin
Most of us don't know what will kill us. Not doing anything at all more risky!

A truly mature man must get to a stage in life where the fear of death does not worry him.
SMH
Re: Man Murders Uncle Over Land Dispute In Akwa Ibom by Islie: 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
The heart of a man is desperately wicked and his thoughts are always wicked all days and who can search his heart.

Just because he wants the land all for himself he decided to end the life of his uncle for partly sum of money.....
Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Lady Stabs Boyfriend In The Face For Not Liking Her Instagram Post Within 10 Min / Bingham University Robbery Attack / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.