Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. (16008 Views)

Effects Of Ban On Importation Of Vehicles Through Land. / Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors / Police Roadblocks Gradually Coming To An End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by Vikto: 10:15pm On May 01, 2015
I know this man. he was in Akwa Ibom and he performed excellently well. Sir, I hope you have not changed. I pray for God's guidance for you to completely reform the Police force and restore dignity coupled with effective interpersonal relations between the Police and entire citizens of this great Country. I DECREE GOD'S WISDOM UPON YOUR LIFE IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2015
doroboss:
Every one is trying to sit up to retain their jobs. Well its good for the nation, I will be travelling tommorow so I will se if this is just story or signals will be enforced.

Please do report back and let us know?
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by ionsman: 10:23pm On May 01, 2015
MabraO:

Picture of that army SUV or idontbelieveit

Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by mkdboy: 10:45pm On May 01, 2015
So who do we report to when we see this illegal check points?
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by LockDown69(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2015
Meanwhile armed robbers are dancing shoki as they welcome the news, preparing setup their roadblocks.
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by omonnakoda: 11:02pm On May 01, 2015
UnknownT:
most times, the road blocks help. I remember around 2010 when the IGP then banned road block, that Aba PH expressway was overtaken by Osisikankwu, his kidnappers and robbers especially around Ngwaiyiekwe. To the extent that one had to go through OwErri if he wants to go to Aba from PH
If they are there to work he is not saying they should not patrol or park by the road they can do that without stopping anyone to check papers. There is a proper way to police the motorway
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by Btruth: 11:14pm On May 01, 2015
Good one, but they should have a whatsapp number or BlackBerry number where we can drop them a hint of where we pick the road blocks ourselves. I think we need to do work of policing together.
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by Amaizu(m): 11:18pm On May 01, 2015
Maybe this is for other parts,Enugu i am sure will never change.A drive through the areas controlled by the men of Uwani Police station and Ikirike Police Station would shock a new comer.Some of us are already used it.It only hurts that my kids are beginning to appreciate the transactions they observe between these officers and bus or keke drivers. Oga IG,tell it to the marines
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by Rubis(m): 11:31pm On May 01, 2015
geloorrrrdd:
Is it just me, or is Nairaland really boring these days?

I think it's you! What I'm seeing on home page these days are educative, informative and entertaining. For instance a thread like this.

@Topic, I hope this last long because that checking point is nothing but a point of corruption as the IG puts it. grin
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by caprini1: 11:34pm On May 01, 2015
geloorrrrdd:
Is it just me, or is Nairaland really boring these days?
Its not just you,only football makes sense nowadays!
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by Rubis(m): 11:37pm On May 01, 2015
LockDown69:
Meanwhile armed robbers are dancing shoki as they welcome the news, preparing setup their roadblocks.

They've never disturbed armed robbery. Armed robbers operate on Lagos-Abuja express road on a daily basis and yet we have thousands of road check-points in those places.

1 Like

Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by Mutuwa(m): 11:59pm On May 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

"While visible policing will be enhanced, I wish to in clear terms, re-emphasise that police road blocks remain banned. They are public nuisance, point of corruption, and source of police-citizens' frictions. The Commissioners of Police, Area Commanders and Divisional Police Officers in whose jurisdiction illegal road blocks are detected will be personally or vicariously held liable and strict and swift disciplinary actions will be initiated against such officers." - Ag. IGP Solomon Arase, NPM, fdc
#‎NPFalert‬

Source : https://m.facebook.com/ngpolice

Solo is working wink

I love the bolded.

Cc: lalasticlala, lomomike, marpol

Its always better when a LAWYER heads such hierarchy of police.Vicariously liable..oh i love that part..
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by mrofficial(m): 12:10am On May 02, 2015
This doesn't change anything.

I saw them at Sheraton link road tonight. They are always there. Mostly, from Friday-Sunday to siphon those who are going out to have fun.
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by ralph28(m): 12:19am On May 02, 2015
Police?
Police men?
Just today at ...Police station in Lagos,we approached the DPO he gave order to the IPO to release our client the suspect,when he left the office the DCO came to work,we went and told him about the order given but b/c of bail money refusal came in,when the DPO was contacted on phone,he asked us to settle with them.

Without prejudice the above assertion was made.

I pray that the big oga will give the signal to his men,not to ask us to settle with them,that he has given order.

Long live NPF
Long live FRN
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by Waterway: 12:39am On May 02, 2015
@ Ag IGP Arase

The problem is not the roadblocks but some of your corrupt men in uniform and indiscipline. It is a fact that the presence of Police on roadblock is directly inversely related to number of highway robberies. The Police - Citizen Friction is result of indiscipline and corruption in the Police force. If the Police remains in the neighborhood, harrasing citizens with bribe collection then you only moved the issue from highway to cities/homes leading to worse frictions. Rather empower citizens to document and report these misdeeds to a designated committee or body and a transparent investigation done and disciplinary actions follows to remove these bad elements.. Driving through military roadblocks a yr ago then a police roadblock you can see the difference in demeanor and expectations ...it is like night and day.

So Mr IGP keep our NPF on roads but change it to highway patrol teams. Notice same on the roads in US & Europe. ( Combined military/police) Roadblocks on all major entrance/exit roads from a city works ( check out Enugu) .Please equip your men to respond to distress calls of robbery and pay them on time so they dont collect bribe then apply zero-tolerance to bribe collection ---Pls do not expose citizens to this hoodlums without a formidable protection plan in place . Police to reduce crime but not harrass innocent citizens-----Wind of Change is in town!!!!
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by NaMe4: 3:21am On May 02, 2015
UnknownT:
most times, the road blocks help. I remember around 2010 when the IGP then banned road block, that Aba PH expressway was overtaken by Osisikankwu, his kidnappers and robbers especially around Ngwaiyiekwe. To the extent that one had to go through OwErri if he wants to go to Aba from PH

They can be along the highways as Highway Patrol, but stopping commuters on the road gives many of them the opportunity to behave worse than armed robbers.

One of the worst places is the Okene axis.
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by IamThrive(m): 5:24am On May 02, 2015
Can such ban be extended to Onitsha- Enugu Bad expressway?
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by mfm04622: 6:32am On May 02, 2015
Can someone tell the acting IGP that his commandments are not being followed please! All he need to do is travel on Abuja-Kaduna Express in the night. His boys on the road are uncountable! Their aim is to collect egunje from travellers, nothing more
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by paulo220(m): 6:54am On May 02, 2015
ionsman:
Yeye people. ..They had better leave the road. I was driving an army green ford truck along tv road(benin city) today. They wanted to stop me but it seems they had a rethink feeling the vehicle was for an army officer . They just cleared from the way and it was so funny.
God punish devil.... cheesy
lol......guy u bad ooooo
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by MabraO: 8:42am On May 02, 2015
[quote author=ionsman post=33326284][/quote]

Lol
How do u expect me to see that dark pic
Na so u be grin
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by ionsman: 8:55am On May 02, 2015
MabraO:

Lol
How do u expect me to see that dark pic
Na so u be grin
So,you cant figure out thats a green ride? You want make I show u everything abi? Well done o.
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by MabraO: 10:04am On May 02, 2015
ionsman:

So,you cant figure out thats a green ride? You want make I show u everything abi? Well done o.

Doh oh
So na even Benin u dey sef
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by armadeo(m): 11:01am On May 02, 2015
No wonder The express was free on Thursday. I knew they had been chased off. Bastards
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by egesie(m): 7:57pm On May 02, 2015
pls they are still road blocks in Badagry, close to Old Limca. Who do I report to?
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by egesie(m): 8:04pm On May 02, 2015
Pls there are still road blocks in Badagry, along Old Limca.
Who do I report to?
Re: Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. by KriTic24A: 12:47pm On May 03, 2015
UnknownT:

The robbers were just cashing-in on the anormaly of the system.
If there had been no check point anywhere in Nigeria before the advent of kindnapping, do you think kidnappers will be bold enough to start manning a road block.
They saw a leak/weakness in the system and they play on it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi / Owning A Car Or Public Transport In Lagos, Which More Economical? / Why Do You Drive With Your Headlights On During The Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.