Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors (21990 Views)

Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) / The Army Jeep Innoson Motors Produced / Innoson Motors Launches The IVM G6 SUV. Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by ebosie11(f): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2016
Press Release

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

We are constrained to respond to fictitious news published by some news print medium on Monday October 24th 2016 on The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, filing four counts of alleged N2.4bn shipping fraud against Innoson Nigeria Limited before a Federal High Court in Lagos.

The said report which was published with the ultimate aim of maligning the reputation of Dr Innocent Chukwuma OFR on the same period he was playing host to his Strategic Chinese business partners wouldn’t have merited our response. But we are constrained to respond to this fallacious news and state the true position of things in order to keep the record straight.

Guaranty Trust Bank PLC (GTB) imposed excess and unlawful charges running into Billions of Naira on Innoson Nig Ltd’s current account with it. Also, GTB fraudulently appropriated these Billions of Naira from Innoson’s account. As a result, Innoson commenced suit No: FHC/AWK/CS/139/2012 against GTB and therein got judgment in excess of N4.7Billion against GTB. GTB appealed against the judgment to the Court of Appeal, vide, Appeal No: CA/E/288/2013. There, the Court of Appeal ordered GTB to pay over N6Billion being the judgment with the accrued interest.
Separately, in another case, suit No: FHC/L/CS/603/2006, the Federal High Court ordered GTB to pay over N2.4Billion to Innoson.

GTB appealed against this judgment/order in Appeal No: CA/I/258/2011. However, Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal and ordered GTB to pay the N2.4Billion to Innoson.
Finding no justifiable way of getting Innoson to abandon the aforesaid judgments, which as at today is over N10Billion given the post judgment interest, or to let it pay a lesser sum to Innoson, GTB instigated the Police to initiate a trumped up charge – Charge No: FHC/L/565c/2015 against Innoson Nig Ltd. This charge was filed on 21st December 2015. However, when the Inspector General of Police discovered that the charge is a trumped – a ruse – it withdrew the charge through its Notice of Withdrawal dated 17th February 2016 and adequately filed in the court.

Subsequently, the Inspector General of Police urged the Court to strike out the charge but for some strange reasons the court adjourned the matter rather than strike it out. After this but before the next adjourned date, Mr. Diri - the former Director of Public Prosecution, Federal Republic of Nigeria – wrote a letter claiming that the Attorney General of the Federation had taken over the case.

The said letter which was back dated was never initialled by the Registrar or any officer of the Court nor filed at the Court’s Registry as required by law and practice was rather smuggled into the case file. This letter coupled with other activities of Mr. Diri led to his being relieved of his post as the Director of Public Prosecution.

As it is now, the Inspector General of Police, whether former or present has not filed any new charge against Innoson Nigeria Ltd and its managing director and Mr. J. I. Ajakaye who apparently is acting without any authority is not a Police Officer.

The matter came up on Monday, 24th October 2016 for the presiding judge to recuse himself from presiding over the charge and for same to be struck out having been withdrawn. Mr. Ajakaye never and did not serve any charge on the counsel representing the defendants in the matter. A charge is an originating process and can only be served on a defendant and not his lawyer. Again, Innoson’s lawyers do not have its instructions to accept any originating process including a charge on its behalf.

Cornel Osigwe
Public Relations and Media Assistant
Innoson Group

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/innoson-motors-reacts-to-allegation.html

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by madridguy(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2016
I stand with Innoson Nigeria Limited on this. The IGP should face front. Shikena

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:43am On Oct 27, 2016
So they all want to tarnish the Image and reputation of Innoson cry crycry cry

Instead of promoting local industries they are looking for ways to kill local production cry cry

Unemployment on the increase, Hunger Everywhere, Recession cry

May God save us all from the current "Confused Government" led by an INCOMPETENT Leader.

We will correct this erroneous mistake in 2019 cry

Well Senator Samuel Anyanwu 2019

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by ever811(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2016
all this useless press with lies apandan....they want to tarnish this guys image.. all in the name of selling their product...despite the challenges of been an entrepreneur here in Nigeria, people like innocent invested in this country so they can employ our citizens instead of commending them,brown envelop press will be turning rocks upside down to find a thing to bring him down...I fear who no fear nija ...

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2016
I want to direct a thunderous thunder to that IGP, somebody should help me with the direction please angry angry

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 27, 2016
Confused Government.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by lilkech(m): 8:47am On Oct 27, 2016
Hmm. They don't want to pay him his money abi? Around ₦10billion? Na wao

GTB should take their time before Mr. Innocent adds 'small' money untop and buys over the bank grin

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by emymeeky: 2:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
Just because he is an Igbo , the afonjasand their slave masters will never allow him rest .

This current IGP seems very incompetent and clueless angry

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by MadCow1: 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
Tell your story to the Judge..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
Go to court and defend yourselves ...nonsense
Bombastic press release undecided

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by ianSweet(f): 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
Ok, it's quite clear that many people are just afraid of this man and are plotting his downfall. The Nigerian govt should be the last group of people against this man but it seems like they are leading it. What a shame!
I think am now believing that the attack on this man is just sentimental.

35 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by BrutalJab: 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
Afonjas won't be happy o Chai
tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
Forward IVM, PROUD OF IGBOS.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Lilimax(f): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
Truth don dey come out embarassed
Shame to bad people!

10 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by veekid(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
God punish devil

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Lilimax(f): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
Keneking:
Bros ?

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Dcaliphate(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
These Nuthern bad-bellies should forgo ethnicity and let Nigeria develop for fvck sake

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by DesChyko: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
Let's hear from a 'concerned' citizen when the rumour first came out

HungerBAD:
Nigeria is working.

To those writing below me,I pray God opens your eyes to see that the fight against corruption is above petty tribal sentiments.

A crime has been committed,so because the Company is owned by an Igbo man,we should turn our faces to the other side?because the Igbos are special and above the law?we should rise above this petty tribal coloration.

The sad thing about cases like this,is that those committing these crimes,are low staff members of the company who wants to make a killing,and so forges documents without the company even being aware of these fraudulent acts.

Back to the Tribal writers below me.

The Police that charged the Company is an Igbo man,and most importantly one of the Lawyers defending the Company is a Yoruba Man. Learn a thing or two from this.

Somebody smart down there wrote,and I quote "This happened in 2013" So for the fact the matter has been dragging on for 3 years,the Buhari Government should let it slide because an Igbo man is involved?people with myopic thinking sef.

The fight against corruption in Buhari's Government,is a fight that must be won,no matter whose ox is gored.

You and those who gave you 160 likes can now bury your heads in shame

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
An eye opener
Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by HRich(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
That IG only needs a new car for himself

8 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lilimax:
Bros ?

Ma?
Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
Seems Nigerian government is good at destroying instead of building.

15 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by HRich(m): 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
madridguy:
I stand with Innoson Nigeria Limited on this. The IGP should face front. Shikena

I'm not only standing with Innoson I'm also sleeping with him

26 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by etinanguy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
G
Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Pavore9: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
"As it is now, the Inspector General of Police, whether former or present has not filed any new charge against Innoson Nigeria Ltd".... It means the IGP never filed any case while some Nairalanders have abused each other's ancestors over false news.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Keneking:
I know where you are coming from, more sleepless night awaits.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by richidinho(m): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
grin
Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
kin8744:
I know where you are coming from, more sleepless night waits.

Meaning?
Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by seunlly(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
Everything about this country is fraud... Nigerians

Born to be a fraudster

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors by onomeasike: 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
Go and tell this epistle to the Judge. I remember that the primary grouse GTB has against Innoson is that Innoson used fake shipping papers to secure billions naira worth loan from it,the bank found this out and held on to the company's money to protect itself against this I. B.O. sense by the one who is not innocent but bear innocent just in name.
Apparently, Innoson is hiding under the technicality that GTB has no legal reasons to hold its money as its bank customer but GTB held stubbornly to that money because that's the only lifeline they have so as not to lose out completely.Innoson wanted to withdraw the money in their account while GTB can keep going to court to get its own money back from a fraudulent customer.
Unfortunately, this long epistle has not addressed this criminal charge.
The beating Innoson will receive is doing press up.Idiotas angry
This is how these fraudulent members of the Nigerian elite kill banks. They are so useless and have no modicum of shame. Somebody forged a document in order to swindle a bank yet it still keeps writing OFR after its name angry.
Did you use fake shipping papers to secure loan from GTB? This is the simple question this useless press release failed miserably to answer. Rather, they are playing to the gallery as if the management and shareholders of GTB are fools.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / See This BMW Futuristic Motorcycle That Belongs To Blade Runner / Top 10 Funny Looking Cars In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.