Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

My Future In Computer. Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Future In Computer. Pls Help (1098 Views)

What Softwares Can I Begin To Learn For My Future? / HELP - Acquiring A Skill In Computer/laptop Repairs (onitsha, Nkpor Etc) Anambra / See What I Couldn't Be Able To Identify In Computer Components. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Future In Computer. Pls Help by cr80vity(m): 1:52am On Apr 30, 2015
I don't plan working with my b.sc discipline but I want to venture into computers. Please what are the areas I can go into cux I am so confuse...right now I no about desktop publishing and graphics and I am tinkin of going to learn web design or oracle (of which I dont no which one to leanr first)...and can I do my masters in computer despite that my b.sc was not in computer or are there any professional stuffs I can do in computer that Will cover up the gap of m.sc instead of me doing m.sc....
please lastly where can I work with my knowledge of computer in this country

1 Like

Re: My Future In Computer. Pls Help by AAinEqGuinea: 4:23am On Apr 30, 2015
There's a lot in the field of *computers* to learn. Just as much as doctors have specialties, so will many computer experts. I got my masters in comp sci and never regretted it, but you can self-teach as well; web design and databases (oracle) are two great fields to start. A simple query on Google will yield plenty of free tutorial websites and free ebooks to get you started.

1 Like

Re: My Future In Computer. Pls Help by RobinHez(m): 6:33am On Apr 30, 2015
you can take online courses from various open universities abroad . they offer different course programs like programming and the lots.
Re: My Future In Computer. Pls Help by cr80vity(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
There's a lot in the field of *computers* to learn. Just as much as doctors have specialties, so will many computer experts. I got my masters in comp sci and never regretted it, but you can self-teach as well; web design and databases (oracle) are two great fields to start. A simple query on Google will yield plenty of free tutorial websites and free ebooks to get you started.

whr in computer did u do ur m.sc...I min wch aspect
Re: My Future In Computer. Pls Help by AAinEqGuinea: 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
cr80vity:

whr in computer did u do ur m.sc...I min wch aspect

I focused on performance computing, computing in emerging markets and childhood development, and aspects of software engineering (not just learning to code)
Re: My Future In Computer. Pls Help by Fulaman198(m): 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
For me, I mainly focused on the networking engineering and security aspect of computers. I know some coding but since I don't use it in my daily life, it's starting to diminish.

I suggest pick something that you are really interested in.
Re: My Future In Computer. Pls Help by cr80vity(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:
For me, I mainly focused on the networking engineering and security aspect of computers. I know some coding but since I don't use it in my daily life, it's starting to diminish.

I suggest pick something that you are really interested in.

pls can u list d different areas for me so I can choose
Re: My Future In Computer. Pls Help by Fulaman198(m): 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
cr80vity:

pls can u list d different areas for me so I can choose

ROFL it's all up to you man, if you don't have a passion for the material you won't enjoy it. I enjoy all things tech personally, but I found that Network Engineering and Security was my calling.

Let me ask you something, what do you think of this, you mentioned that you are into creating 3D graphics, you are also into learning coding. Have you ever thought of becoming a games programmer, or games designer? Nigeria needs more people to develop world-class 3D games as the majority of them come from the West (United States and some Euro Countries) and the far East Asian countries (China, Japan, South Korea, etc.). It would be great to see more Nigerians getting involved in the field and coming up with their own ideas without borrowing too much from others.

The sky is your limit man. Take your time and list what you like so we can help.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acer Mini 320gig 23k / Help On IP Address / TECNO Droipad 10ii Coming Soon Running Remix OS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.