Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Zz - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Zz (2669 Views)

Why Does My Honda Accord Consume More Fuel Than It's Counterparts / Honda Pilot 2003 / Please, All Brother's In The House, Help Me To Decode My Honda Pilot Car Tape. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zz by Readonee35L(m): 8:12am On Apr 30, 2015
I have been havin aircon issues on this ride for like 6months but no time.. This days i am kinda less busy

So i went to the techie..
He said my Evaporator and Compressor is bad...
Can one give me an estimation for those two ...
Ac symptoms : it stops cooling after three days, all the gas is gonna leak away
Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
Finally my AC Is fixed
The Techie changed my Compressor and evaporator, they did opened the underneath of my dash trying to look for leaks.
Gbam it worked tho i spent alot sha..

Going to two weeks now ac has been working well
but after the fix i noticed my srs light came on i was worried, but busy to diagnose yesterday another light side airbag of also came on, i think when the techie was fixing some stuffs underneath the dash he might have removed the srs cables and connected them back
which would have triggered the srs light because i doubt he removed the battery while he was working on the ac
infact i am not happy because i hate disco lights on my dash , srs light and side airbag of are on
....'

Also i need Dw1 atf since z1 has been discontinued
or can i use Dextron 3 because thats is what is written on the dipstick

any infos on how too clear the srs light will do

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Zz by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
smiley cool
Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
lomomike:
smiley cool
My oga abeg talk something grin grin
Re: Zz by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
Readonee35L:
Finally my AC Is fixed
The Techie changed my Compressor and evaporator, they did opened the underneath of my dash trying to look for leaks.
Gbam it worked tho i spent alot sha..

Going to two weeks now ac has been working well
but after the fix i noticed my srs light came on i was worried, but busy to diagnose yesterday another light side airbag of also came on, i think when the techie was fixing some stuffs underneath the dash he might have removed the srs cables and connected them back
which would have triggered the srs light because i doubt he removed the battery while he was working on the ac
infact i am not happy because i hate disco lights on my dash , srs light and side airbag of are on
....'

Also i need Dw1 atf since z1 has been discontinued
or can i use Dextron 3 because thats is what is written on the dipstick

any infos on how too clear the srs light will do

kiss kiss kiss

Lonelydora, luvinghubby.
Re: Zz by luvinhubby(m): 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
The airbag socket underneath your glove compartment is most probable culprit.
DextronIII is a temporary fluid for your gear, the DW1 is your only option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
luvinhubby:
The airbag socket underneath your glove compartment is most probable culprit.
DextronIII is a temporary fluid for your gear, the DW1 is your only option.
Thanks alot
so what should i do to the socket replace it or what... i found a trick on almost all forums on this online on how to clear srs light by doing something to a yellow cable that belongs to the srs system
as for the dw1 how many liters am i gonna need for a 03 pilot and how much is it
Re: Zz by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
Readonee35L:

Thanks alot
so what should i do to the socket replace it or what... i found a trick on almost all forums on this online on how to clear srs light by doing something to a yellow cable that belongs to the srs system
as for the dw1 how many liters am i gonna need for a 03 pilot and how much is it
@bolded, pls share it
Re: Zz by honmusa(m): 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
Readonee35L:

Thanks alot
3 liters is required for maintenance change and each liter cost around 3k

Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
lomomike:

@bolded, pls share it

Reset SRS light

a) You need to find the MES Connector. On my car it was plugged into the side of the fuse box. It was yellow in color and was a 2 prong connector. The insulating material around the wires of the connector was also yellow. Wherever your connector is located, it is plugged into a "dummy harness." Hence, the prongs are not actually plugged into anything; the "dummy harness" just holds the MES Connector and prevents it from bouncing around.
b) Clip one alligator clip to one of the prongs and the other alligator clip to the other prong. If you're using 2 strands of wire, you won't be clipping, but twisting or shoving the wire into the respective prongs.
c) Hold the two ends of your wire together, so that they are now connected.
d) Keeping the wires connected, turn the ignition on (Do NOT start your car).
e) The SRS light comes on for about 6 seconds and then goes off. Quickly disconnect the two wires.
f) The SRS light will come on again. Quickly reconnect your wires.
g) The SRS light goes off. Disconnect your wire connection and leave the wires disconnected.
h) If you did this correctly, the SRS will blink twice.
i) Turn the ignition off and wait 10 seconds.
j) Turn the ignition on, thus starting your car, and hopefully the SRS light will now be off.
k) Turn your car off, assuming the above instructions worked and your SRS light is now off. If not, either retry the instructions and/or verify that nothing else is wrong.
l) Remove your wires, do not cross them at all or let them touch. Replug the yellow/green connector back into the "dummy harness".
m) If the SRS light comes back on (assuming you reset the SRS correctly and the light was off), then something is malfunctioning in the SRS Airbag System and you'll have to see a dealership or repair shop.

Source:www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?52433-2003-Honda-Pilot-SRS-

1 Like

Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2015
Transmission Fluid has been changed with dw1
bought it for 2k5 each
...Smooth moves and no 2 secs delay anymore..
This pilot require time pass gosh, from one ish to another,
am yet to try that trick for the srs light tho,
My oil light blinks undecided
my engine oil has been changed with recommended oil
transmission fluid is fresh
power steering fluid and brake fluid is intact , so me i dont know why its blinking

1 Like

Re: Zz by Lexusgs430: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Readonee35L:
Transmission Fluid has been changed with dw1
bought it for 2k5 each
...Smooth moves and no 2 secs delay anymore..
Of all my cars ehn, na this pilot require time pass gosh, from one ish to another,
am yet to try that trick for the srs light tho,
My oil light blinks undecided
my engine oil has been changed with recommended oil
transmission fluid is fresh
power steering fluid and brake fluid is intact , so me i dont know why its blinking

Possibly bad oil pressure, perform an oil pressure test.
It could also be triggered by a dodgy oil filter.
Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 9:35am On Jul 07, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Possibly bad oil pressure, perform an oil pressure test.
It could also be triggered by a dodgy oil filter.
it stopped blinking on its own
Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2015
my cel light came on
i decided to scan it my self this morning

i got this codes ,
gazzuzz, siena, lomomike ,luvinhubby ,billy187 e.t.c

what can be the cause, and the possible solution

Re: Zz by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:26am On Jul 07, 2015
Readonee35L:
my cel light came on
i decided to scan it my self this morning

i got this codes ,
gazzuzz, siena, lomomike ,luvinhubby ,billy187 e.t.c

what can be the cause, and the possible solution

You have a leak on intake.

1 Like

Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You have a leak on intake.
Hmmmm
This car nearly made me vex big time oh..
On Wednesday I wanted to go out, I kicked the engine while I was moving out of my car park someone tapped my windows telling me my exhaust is smoking I looked at the person like a mad man maybe he was high on Orijin I parked and came down, My exhaust was smoking like an abused Danfo bus, blue smoke the type that only comes when the pistons are gone,
It smelt bad, I knew something was wrong, car was serviced two weeks ago with mobil 5w-30 and no one touches this ride, I was so confused, I parked the car

Yesterday Friday, I drove the car out cruising at 110- 160km/ph with smokes puffing out of my exhaust, it was very visible through the mirrors, I was feeling embarrassed, ppl didnt expect such from a pilot
Long story cut short, b4 I got too my destination the smoking stopped, while going back no sign of smoke
Even this morning it was steaming no smoke, even if I rev it, no sign of smoke
So I don't even understand what made it smoke at first..
Tho my cel light came up, I scanned it with my phone
All my cylinders had misfires

Re: Zz by mexxy1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Readonee35L:

It smelt bad, I knew something was wrong, car was serviced two weeks ago with mobil 5w-30 and no one touches this ride, I was so confused, I parked the car, and didn't even reason the cars issue, I took another car out

The correct oil for your vehicle is 5w-20. Check your manual.
Re: Zz by sultaan(m): 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
Did someone by any chance cross the ignition wire on the coil by any chance or over fill your engine Kirby any chance check dip stick. I thought they said American cars need too much attention basically older cars need more attention
Re: Zz by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
Boss you are in lagos, I am in lagos.
Re: Zz by sultaan(m): 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

4/2
Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 7:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Preparations for Sallah dis week,
I think we should meet next week
Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
sultaan:
Did someone by any chance cross the ignition wire on the coil by any chance or over fill your engine Kirby any chance check dip stick. I thought they said American cars need too much attention basically older cars need more attention
Lol..
All cars need attention oh,
Nobody tampered with it
Re: Zz by sultaan(m): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
I meant engine oil. Phone changes spelling on me sometimes.

If you have a oil leak it will do that
Re: Zz by Readonee35L(m): 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
sultaan:
I meant engine oil. Phone changes spelling on me sometimes.

If you have a oil leak it will do that
leak,like outer leaks that can be detected under the vehicle or internal?
i'll snap dip stick and upload tomorrow

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Much Is Tiny Light 4cylinder Engine / The Best Synthetic Oil Of 2019 / Off Road Vehicle - Suggestions Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.