Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines (2668 Views)

FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly / KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Jethrovich(m): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2013
I was looking at the fines charged by the regulatory agencies when guilty of what ever said offence.
it's surprising to know that LASTMA charges over 400% higher than what FRSC charges

These are some of similar offences and their corresponding charges.
On the average, for FRSC related offences you might be charged a little below 5, 000 but for LASTMA, no matter the offence, you are sure to be charged at least 20 000.

Now the question is, when our minimum wage is 18 000, how come LASTMA expects people to cough up 20 000 every time for an offence.
For me this is using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.

http://frsc.gov.ng/offences-and-penalties
http://lastma.gov.ng/LASTMA_FINE_TICKET_2013.pdf

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Lusola15: 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Na wa oooo
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by gulfer: 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
Them don use N20,000 upwards swear for LASTMA officers, that is why they die unexplained and without pity from the public. This revenue drive by LASG is something else except someone proves it that these amounts are arbitrary by LASTMA officers and not what LASG stipulated. angry angry angry
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by bfmconcepts: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fashola and his APC party are anti-people. Nigerians will cry if they dare get to power.
They're inconsiderate and undemocratic.
How can the LASTMA/VIO be the law enforcement agent and still be the judge at the same time.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Transmission And Engine Oil For Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model / Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) / I Urgently Need An Excellent Bmw Mechanic And Rewire For My Bmw E39 2003 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.