Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? (3967 Views)

Right Finger For An Engagement Ring,third Or Fourth Finger From The Thumb?? / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 / Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by teaser(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2006
i proposed to my wife to be without an engagement ring,2 days after she bought one for me to put on her finger
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by donjazzie(m): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2006
lol

nope

but for the the sake of the girl neccesary
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by kiki(f): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2006
hell yeah well i think it is necessary it kinda makes it beautiful
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by GermanLady(f): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2006
he better have a ring when he is getting on his knees or the answer will be NO grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by GermanLady(f): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2006
teaser:

i proposed to my wife to be without an engagement ring,2 days after she bought one for me to put on her finger

sad ,sad,very sad - you should have done it the right way and not be so stingy .
I feel sorry for your wife ,because she had to buy her own ring cry

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Busta(f): 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2006
yup, it compliments the engagement. Imagine wat it'll look like when u tell pple that u're engaged and they see no ring on ur finger, they might prolly think u're faking it or desperate.
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Uche2nna(m): 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2006
Nowadays girls dont mind.They might even buy one for you if that is the only reason you are stalling. grin grin grin grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Uche2nna(m): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2006
@German lady.That is very common nowadays.She might even pay her own dowry if you do not mind
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by kiki(f): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2006
@uche2nna
hmmmmmmmmm really well i don't think i can do dat
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Uche2nna(m): 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2006
Well,you know as they say girls come in different shapes and sizes. wink
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by jayjaync(f): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2006
ah!well!!its just an english culture that has been practised round the world till date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its not our culture!!!!!its obvious that it was immitated
anyway its a somehow if you dont propose with a ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!except you wanna prove that you are different and you have a more unique way of showing your love wink
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by iice(f): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2006
Na not necessary so long as he gets one for her later
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Uche2nna(m): 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2006
tell them,iice grin grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Oracle(m): 12:08am On Sep 12, 2006
well, itz the culture
for the couple to be engaged before getting married and prresentation of rings is one of the things that goes with engagement

Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by iice(f): 3:54am On Sep 12, 2006
Sure a ring goes with engagement, but what if the proposal was spontenous and the guy ddnt have a ring on him but he really meant his proposal, would the girl refuse on the basis of no ring in sight? So long as he produces one later its all good.
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Uche2nna(m): 3:57am On Sep 12, 2006
Well said.You have made my day grin grin grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by iice(f): 4:01am On Sep 12, 2006
LOL ya welcome grin grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by GNature(m): 4:04am On Sep 12, 2006
eeeeh yes he should, as a way of preserving the culture. But I guess if there
is money issues, he can propose without one.

God go provide money for me when my time comes smiley
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by ikamefa(f): 4:05am On Sep 12, 2006
iice:

Sure a ring goes with engagement, but what if the proposal was spontenous and the guy ddnt have a ring on him but he really meant his proposal, would the girl refuse on the basis of no ring in sight? So long as he produces one later its all good.

fa! fa! fa! foul! ,the ring must be upfront and korokoro lipsrsealed
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by iice(f): 4:07am On Sep 12, 2006
Ahahahahaha ikamefa grin grin grin for me it doesnt have to be sha
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by GNature(m): 4:09am On Sep 12, 2006
@iice

why not ? Do you mean U would prefer one, but if not, it won't matter ?
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by iice(f): 4:11am On Sep 12, 2006
Sure i want a ring but if it wasnt available at that moment, i can do without so long as he gets me one later grin grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by GNature(m): 4:15am On Sep 12, 2006
oooooo Okay. I thought it didn't matter whether you got one or not, period grin.

Na waa ooh, many ladies would not only want one, but it most have "certain" karatz. Nice quality in a lady cheesy
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by iice(f): 4:16am On Sep 12, 2006
Ahhhh yess i want carats too grin grin grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Uche2nna(m): 4:20am On Sep 12, 2006
Me too I want carrots, oops sorry, carats
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by GNature(m): 4:21am On Sep 12, 2006
i take back the complement then just kidding grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by iice(f): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2006
Ahahahahaha sure no problem grin grin
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by teaser(m): 4:22am On Sep 13, 2006
thanks peeps,got nice and friendly response to my post.
@iice,
i appreciate urs most especially becos u r a lady.
My fiancee didn't mind buying one, i think she shares the same opinion with u.It wasn't really money problem,t'was just that i didn't see it as compulsory.
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by Busta(f): 4:28am On Sep 13, 2006
no ring no proposal. Sorry mate, try again when u've got the ring. and i want the stones to be blinding and definately not those AVON rings that shines for just one day and turns black.
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by teaser(m): 4:40am On Sep 13, 2006
@busta
it's ur choice
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by GermanLady(f): 10:51am On Sep 13, 2006
teaser:

thanks peeps,got nice and friendly response to my post.
@iice,
i appreciate urs most especially because you're a lady.
My fiancee didn't mind buying one, i think she shares the same opinion with u.It wasn't really money problem,t'was just that i didn't see it as compulsory.

ohhh now THAT maks her a lady?? because you are too stingy to provide a ring for your LADY .shame on you hahahahaha
proposing is not just a thing you do every day,like asking a lady out or so.

that moment should be in a ladies mind FOREVER,so be a gentleman.

of course a desperated woman takes any men ,ring or no ring,they might be happy someone is asking them.

a real lady want to be asked the RIGHT way and therefore a ring is a must.

if you want to pop the question THINK before you ask her,and be at least prepared for that big moment.just don't ask your lady out of the blue moon.so that way you will have enough time to get a ring.

ps: it does not have to be an expensive ring,just for gods sake let him have a ring when he is asking ME smiley
Re: Must A Man Have An Engagement Ring Before He Proposes? by iice(f): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2006
GermanLady:

real lady want to be asked the RIGHT way and therefore a ring is a must.

Guess am not a real lady LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do White Women Wash Their Husbands Clothes? / American's Parenting Guide: The Dos And Don'ts In Pictures. / Having Trouble Understanding My Nigerian Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.