Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Must Read!*** New Way Of Soliciting For Funds! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Must Read!*** New Way Of Soliciting For Funds! (463 Views)

Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking / 2.8kva Genset Seized From My Gate Man And Driven Away.owner Soliciting / New Way To Stand In Queue, Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read!*** New Way Of Soliciting For Funds! by Jiblo(m): 11:02am On Apr 30, 2015
This is a somewhat funny but true experience that happened to me just this morning in motor traffic on my way out.

I was driving slowly in the mad traffic, and all of a sudden, a vehicle, which was also in the same traffic on my right side, paralleled itself with mine and beckoned on me.

It was a nice decent mid size SUV, driven by a fairly old, decent looking, seemingly educated woman in her 50's.

At first I thought she was my mother's friend that recognized me in the traffic and wanted to say hello.

So I put down my passenger's window to hear what she had to say...

She pleaded with me that I should give her 1,000 Naira.

I was in total shock to say the least. I did not understand. I went blank for a few seconds.
I did not have money with me since I just used cash to buy fuel.
So I explained to her that I did not have any money on me.
She looked at me and said okay and we both went on slowly side-by-side in the traffic until I made a turn.

It was really awkward!

I am really concerned and somewhat scared because it did not add up somehow. She seemed an okay person, she was driving an SUV, she had FUEL to move about and then she was asking a random person in traffic for a thousand Naira. I mean what happened to her family, friends, ex co-workers, loans, etc. She has definitely got to have at least one family person she can turn to right?!

What if I had the money and gave her, with all these 'ogbanje' tins going on in Nigeria (God forgive me, peeps please forgive me too!) just like it happens in movies, abi was she an angel?

I'm really worried oh, did I do the right thing? God help us all.

Cc: Lalasticlala, mukina2
Re: Must Read!*** New Way Of Soliciting For Funds! by kristen12(f): 5:27am On May 01, 2015
Maybe she was stranded.

(1) (Reply)

Chocola Royal At Etim Iyang Is Sealed. / The Virtuous Woman / How To Get More Followers In Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.