Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,052 members, 7,838,656 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (10806 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JODELL: 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2008
DEAR GTSWK,
WITH REGARDS TO YOUR QUESTION ON HOW TO TRADE ON STOCKS AND YOUR BROKER MINIMUM N200,000 START UP CAPITAL TO BUY SHARES WITH AND THE RECOMMEDED SHARES OF JAPUAL,UBA AND DUNLOP. THE ARE GOD SHARES TO BUY BUT THE QUESTION MOST OF THESE BROKERS FAIL TO TELL NEW COMERS TO INVESTING IN THE STOCK MARKET ARE THE RISK AND GAIN ASSOCIATED WITH INVESTING LIKE ANY OTHER BUSINESS ENDERVOUR.
JUST LIKE ANY BUSINESS, STOCK OR ANY OTHER INVESTMENT IS A STRATEGY PLAN OR MAY I SAY WANT ARE YOUR INVESTMENT GOAL FOR INVESTING IN THE STOCK MARKET? WHEN YOU HAVE A CLEAR PALNNED INVESTMENT GOAL THAT YOU WANT, YOU CAN NOW PLAN NO HOW INVESTING IN STOCKS WILL BE ABLE TO ACHVIEVE THOSE SET OUT GOALS.
BUT IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY INVESTMENT GOAL PLAN I THINK MAKING MONEY THROUGH STOCK INVESTMENT WILL BE A VERY DIFFICULT BUSINESS FOR YOU BECAUSE YOUR BROKER MAKES MONEY BY CHARGING YOU BROKERED FEE ANYTIME YOU BUY AND SELL.

If you will be interested on how to trade and well set out investment plan and goal on the stock market both on SHORT-TERM, MEDIUM-TERM AND LONG-TERM basic you can e-mail for a one on one online comprehensive training on both FUNDAMENTAL AND TECHNICAL ANALYSIS of the market for maximum profits.
You can e-mail me for further information at : Johnagbai24@gmail.com

JOHN AGBAI
CEO
JODELL CONSULTING INC.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2008
A transition is about to come in the banking, conglomerate and Industrial/domestic products sectors. Keep a close eye on this Thursday/Friday signals.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2008
FatherOF2:

A transition is about to come in the banking, conglomerate and Industrial/domestic products sectors. Keep a close eye on this Thursday/Friday signals.

fOF2, it looks like na ready, steady, go very soon for vitrually all of them o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 1:15am On Sep 24, 2008
debenzd:

fOF2, it looks like na ready, steady, go very soon for vitrually all of them o.

I wonder why you guys still keep faith. The movements you watch now are like a shadow-boxer's. You see an opening to strike but there really isn't any substansive fighting going-on.

Nobody is rushing to buy a first bank at N28 or a DSR at N23. So why the heck would their attitudes change, even at a lower price, when these lowered prices never seem to resurrect? A crash-in-evolution is what's at hand, here.

No one's willing to risk big funds. May be a little buy here, a little there. That can never move a market, especially one in a fully weighted crash. Mirror, the world markets!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:17am On Sep 24, 2008
trademanx:

weeew, stocks! stocks! stocks! ,

Hello,

I'm into investments for investors who want a 30% increase in a period of 6 months. All you do is invest starting from N600,000 before 20th of every month and receive your investment Plus 30% Profit in 6months.
email blueassets@yahoo.com or call 08025853063, 08061682118.

for example, N1million investor receives N1,300,000 in 6months or N1.6million in 1year if they renew their signed contract.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't you guys get tired of recycling the same tales
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by madeonline(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2008
kokorunna:

Is it still good to invest in the Nigerian Stocks at the moment with the crisis in the world.

www.moneysaversforum.com

Affirmative YES , our market is slightly insulated from the global market since the global market responds more directly to oil prices than the NSE.

Also, YTD yield went down by only 18% as opposed to 30-40% in soem other markets.

We are also not exepriencing forced mergers and buy outs nor credit crunch.

Infact, this is the best time to invest in the nigerian market.

Regards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2008
With the low volumes wen show face today and turnaround on its way. I hope say i fit find person go gree sell give me. Only 130k units of IBTC na e come out today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2008
Fof2-
the massge is clear Baba, i'm eyeing Lasaco less than 2 naira.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2008
Krrush:

I wonder why you guys still keep faith. The movements you watch now are like a shadow-boxer's. You see an opening to strike but there really isn't any substansive fighting going-on.

Nobody is rushing to buy a first bank at N28 or a DSR at N23. So why the heck would their attitudes change, even at a lower price, when these lowered prices never seem to resurrect? A crash-in-evolution is what's at hand, here.

No one's willing to risk big funds. May be a little buy here, a little there. That can never move a market, especially one in a fully weighted crash. Mirror, the world markets!

@Krrush, I understand why everyone is weary. People buy for various reasons.

It has become a habit to try and make 15-20% at the end of the month. This has been d norm for d past few months. Anything to reduce the loss in my portfolio is welcomed. I did not reach my target last bull run and thus did not exit(thanks to the 1%, I am still in porfit).

I don't know if there will be a full bull run or not. I only know that based on the past few months, another oppourtunity is presenting itself. Who knows. Make we dey watch.

I will keep faith with NSE because when the going was good, it was really good. Hopefully, things will gradually turn around. If I could buy Oceanic @25 naira, why can't I buy @19. Nothing don change for there na.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:56pm On Sep 24, 2008
GTB and UNILEVER starting to show real promise. Looking good soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Sureman: 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2008
give me trend for aaiico
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2008
Sureman:

give me trend for aaiico

Na by force??
Okay start by telling us the company wey merge or change name to aaiico
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2008
FatherOF2:

@fatherof2,
Have You checked todays prices?,is like the word is comming to an end.Serious wahala dey ooo!!!.My hard earned cash is burning right now on the NSE.Is there still hope for this year?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jnze: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2008
Father of 2,

save your "children" cry

I DOESNT understand this market again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2008
husu:

@fatherof2,
Have You checked todays prices?,is like the word is comming to an end.Serious wahala dey ooo!!!.My hard earned cash is burning right now on the NSE.Is there still hope for this year?

Rain must fall before sun shine. No Let your " WORD" end oh. Keep speaking.

Get ready to enter GTB [/b]and [b]Unilever. They have the best prospects right now. Others are coming.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:02am On Sep 26, 2008
@fatherof2, our mutual broker say na 2nd week of oct things fit pick up.

He said because of the 12th month/yr end of the following things may not move till then: Oceanic, Zenith, UBA, Sterling, Skype.

A friend of mine confirmed that although Oceanic has shifted their yr end to December, they are still preparing as if it is September.

As per GT and Unilever, will I be correct if I said you used the bollinger to finally confirm both of them?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CYBERMIST(m): 11:54am On Sep 26, 2008
G day,
are u sure GTB is good for the taking?
shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2008
FatherOF2:

Rain must fall before sun shine. No Let your " WORD" end oh. Keep speaking.

Get ready to enter GTB [/b]and [b]Unilever. They have the best prospects right now. Others are coming.

Finally we thank God for the Holidays,at least 3 good days of rest on my portfolio.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by madeonline(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2008
the market slipped downwards for the tenth consecutive trading day today.

We need qualitative analysis on the Impact of the newly introduced market makers and share back policies and how/when they wld turn the market upwards!

Any clues in here
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nateevs(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2008
@FO2

Have got any spread sheet or better website I can use even if I have to subscribe to it where I can get up-to-date outstanding shares, PBT, PAT, Turnover, year end for companies quoted on the stock exchange?

I need this to start doing some research on my own. I wil really appreciate if you can help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:37am On Sep 27, 2008
you guys should also take into consideration thatmany of these banks will have profit seriously affected with this situation, money of them invested in foreign exchange and maybe even wall street.
take that into consideration, imagine if a bank declares a loss. , GOD FORBID
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2008
DEAR GTSWK,
WITH REGARDS TO YOUR QUESTION ON HOW TO TRADE ON STOCKS AND YOUR BROKER MINIMUM N200,000 START UP CAPITAL TO BUY SHARES WITH AND THE RECOMMEDED SHARES OF JAPUAL,UBA AND DUNLOP. THE ARE GOD SHARES TO BUY BUT THE QUESTION MOST OF THESE BROKERS FAIL TO TELL NEW COMERS TO INVESTING IN THE STOCK MARKET ARE THE RISK AND GAIN ASSOCIATED WITH INVESTING LIKE ANY OTHER BUSINESS ENDERVOUR.
JUST LIKE ANY BUSINESS, STOCK OR ANY OTHER INVESTMENT IS A STRATEGY PLAN OR MAY I SAY WANT ARE YOUR INVESTMENT GOAL FOR INVESTING IN THE STOCK MARKET? WHEN YOU HAVE A CLEAR PALNNED INVESTMENT GOAL THAT YOU WANT, YOU CAN NOW PLAN NO HOW INVESTING IN STOCKS WILL BE ABLE TO ACHVIEVE THOSE SET OUT GOALS.
BUT IF YOU don't HAVE ANY INVESTMENT GOAL PLAN I THINK MAKING MONEY THROUGH STOCK INVESTMENT WILL BE A VERY DIFFICULT BUSINESS FOR YOU BECAUSE YOUR BROKER MAKES MONEY BY CHARGING YOU BROKERED FEE ANYTIME YOU BUY AND SELL.

If you will be interested on how to trade and well set out investment plan and goal on the stock market both on SHORT-TERM, MEDIUM-TERM AND LONG-TERM basic you can e-mail for a one on one online comprehensive training on both FUNDAMENTAL AND TECHNICAL ANALYSIS of the market for maximum profits.
You can e-mail me for further information at : Johnagbai24@gmail.com

JOHN AGBAI
CEO
JODELL CONSULTING INC.

Dear John
it doesnt sound right that you are CEO of a consulting firm and yet you use a gmail address . you would have better credibility if you have a website and your own e mail addy . I wouldnt do any business with anybody who has an incorporated company and yet uses gmail , hotmail or yahoo address. that doesnt sound right
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2008
That not the only problem with John Agbai's proposition.  Language construct unlikely to instill much confidence in even the most undescerning investor
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2008
nateevs:

@FO2

Have got any spread sheet or better website I can use even if I have to subscribe to it where I can get up-to-date outstanding shares, PBT, PAT, Turnover, year end for companies quoted on the stock exchange?

I need this to start doing some research on my own. I wil really appreciate if you can help.

www.fsdhsecurities.com (Register and go to history)
www.cashcraft.com (PBT , PAT history)

There are many others.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2008
Zenith's year end is September,hope they'll match or better FBN's dividend and bonus
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 9:00am On Oct 01, 2008
bivins1:

DEAR GTSWK,
BUT IF YOU don't HAVE ANY INVESTMENT GOAL PLAN I THINK MAKING MONEY THROUGH STOCK INVESTMENT WILL BE A VERY DIFFICULT BUSINESS FOR YOU BECAUSE YOUR BROKER MAKES MONEY BY CHARGING YOU BROKERED FEE ANYTIME YOU BUY AND SELL.

You can e-mail me for further information at :  Johnagbai24@gmail.com

JOHN AGBAI   
CEO
JODELL CONSULTING INC.

Dear John
it doesnt sound right that you are CEO of a consulting firm and yet you use a gmail address . you would have better credibility if you have a website and your own e mail addy . I wouldnt do any business with anybody who has an incorporated company and yet uses gmail , hotmail or yahoo address. that doesnt sound right

This is the problem in this part of the world. You'll be surprised I've seen so many CEOs with same. The problem is people are just not aware how affordable their companyname.com is. John, please reach me through sales@ace2ice.net I can get you up and running with you@yourcompanyname.com in 48hrs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:32am On Oct 03, 2008
jideakin1:

John, please reach me through sales@ace2ice.net I can get you up and running with you@yourcompanyname.com in 48hrs.

Jide man,the response since three days now from the above email addy has been an auto response
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JODELL: 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2008
Dear John

Thanks very much for your offer, but we already gotten a domain name and our website is under construction now and will update you when ready for your input and advice on how to make it more better.

JOHN AGBAI
JODELL CONSULTING.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JODELL: 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2008
UNDERSTANDING MARKET RECOVERY PATTERN.

With the new Government, Central Bank and Nigeria Stock Exchange Market intervention Policy three (3) weeks ago, yet up to now of writing these. The capital market is still witnessing a depreciation on the daily basis the all share index and market Capitalization.
Those it means the new policy announcement on market intervention by the regulatory Agencies did not have what its takes to revive the market BERISH Run or is the NIGERIA STOCK MARKET about to! CRASH!! ?.

On today e-course we will be taking a look at all the new policy on Market Intervention by the Regulatory Authorities and their effects on the capital market both on the Short-term and long - term investment basics.

First, we will start with the APEX BANK (CENTRAL BANK) market intervention Policy. We will start with the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) from 10.25 basic point to 9.75 basic point by the Central Bank, what effect will these rate cut have on the Market?, If we recall from April to September before the announcement of the new policy.
The money Market or Bond Market has been appreciating by a very big percentage of over subscription which means with a very high MPR investor moved their fund to the money market which offers high returns and guaranteed earning at a given period of time than the capital market which fluctuate, so more capital now moved from the Stock Market to the Money Market. Therefore the reduction in the MPR will make the money Market less attractive to the Investors and will result in polling back their funds from the Stock market but we will not anticipate a geometric impact on the capital market but on a gradual basic.

As a matter of fact, it would be extremely abnormal and in fact precarious to see the Capital Market recovery come so fast without control, because if it does, another crash with a bigger bang may just be looming around the corner.

But in my own opinion I anticipate is a gradual recovery starting from next month ending of October or November and December. In probably such a subtle manner that may not be glaring until suddenly stocks becomes scares in the Capital market and share price start to appreciate again.

Why do I say November or October ending as the Recovery Period? If we would recall that the bearish Run started as a result of financial Institutions (BANK’S) panic by rumors or counter claims as the CENTRAL BANK stoppage of margin facilities to STOCK BROKERS which resulted in the BANKS recalling most of their Margin Facilities to Clients and causing illiquidity in the Capital Market and resulted to Price depreciation even when quoted Company are declaring more better and improved corporate performance on their bottom line and top line and yet their share price was still declining and that is where Fathers of value investing like Ben Graham, Warrant Buffet would buy in.

And if so why not you buying at the same time with them. Just last week Warrant Buffet we all know is the best investor of our century, bought more than one billion dollar worth of shares of BANK OF AMERICA INC even when the US financial Service Sector is the submarine backed mortgage loans. So why did Warrant Buffet buy now even with the current financial institution crisis globally, because the company has been undervalued by the submarine crisis and it share price falling by almost 200% from it last year price and then making the stock very cheap for his firm and also know that he invested in the company as soon as the US Government announce it 700 Billion Dollar Financial Institution bailout lifeline plan which means the next two to three years the financial institution will recover and get back to its prime share price again bringing in more returns to value investors. (You can get more information on how to become value investors on our website).

Back to the Nigeria Capital Market, as of June, July, August and early September most of the BANKS traded off their Margin Account Holders position even at a terrible losses to the Account holders in order to boost the Banks year End and Quarterly Results, that is why even the Central Bank and the Nigeria Stock Market Regulatory Authority new market intervention policy has not have much impact on the market.

As we write now, most of the BANKS Year Ends have gone past, which suggests that the Bank’s will be back in the capital market and start buying of shares and also be granting new loan facilities and Margin Account and with the new Policy. Why has the market intervention policy has not been able to arrest the continue depreciation of the market capitalization on daily basis including the all share index of the exchange?

Because almost all the 24 incense Banks that operate on the Nigeria Economy, 70% of them release their year Ends between August to November and other are 20% - 30% are on their 3rd quarters Ends and last Quarters of their financial year End.

From Research Nigeria Banks around their Year End and Quarterly Ends do not easily dispose of granting new loan facilities, while they also make much effort to recover exiting loan facilities for them to Balance and prepare their annual Financial statement or quarterly statement which in turns lead to illiquidity in the stock market and that is why even the Regulatory Authority new Market Intervention Policy has not have much effect on their Market.

Now let me take you back to history of the ALL SHARES INDEX PERFORMANCE since the recent recapitalization of Nigeria Banks. The all share index figure of the Nigeria stock Exchange always depreciate towards August, September, and October which is the year Ends and Quarterly ends of almost the financial institution in the country.

With the CENTRAL BANK CAPITAL MARKETS intervention fund and introduction of MARKET MAKERS to the Capital Markets we anticipate a much rally in appreciation of the index towards OCTOMBER ENDS OR LIKELY NOVERMBER.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 12:52am On Oct 06, 2008
Jodell in as much as i would want to agree with you that market recovery is imminent, I thinks its a faulty assumption to say that most of the BANKS Year Ends have gone past, which suggests that the Bank’s will be back in the capital market and start buying of shares and also be granting new loan facilities and Margin Account and with the new Policy.
It might interest you to know that when CBN proposed a uniform year end for the banks , most of them opposed it . The CBN had to deny this and it was one of the various methods they have tried to stabilise our market .
The situation is that most of the banks on their own have decided to shift their Year end to december 31st . I want you to take note of that because one wrong assumption can make it go all wrong for your postulations
I also agree that now is the time to buy that is if you have money
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2008
Now this is really serious
To show how slowly things are moving in the market,I just realised that in 10days,we're still on the same thread page
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2008
You know we're Nigerian's.

Wherever there is money we like going there but as soon as we start loosing almost everyone will back off without thinking of its reward in the nearest future.

But to be honest the downward trend of the NSE index is becoming unbearable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have you tried Freebie Marketing on FreeStuffsNG ? / Online Real Time Stock Trading Platforms In Nigeria. / Money Lending: 8 Essential Things You Must Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.